The problem with Oc characters

Starter: Crimsonassassin

Category: Characters

The is will be about oc characters writing styles and more you can love this post or hate it but this forum will be going of the issues with OC characters and the problems on the sight
Ps it's opinions

Replies

The biggest problem with OC's is that we can only make 7, so I have to ******* make an alt and wait 16 days in order to make more OC's >:C
10+ years member.
The real problem is that users create copyrighted OCs. That's the reason for the limitations. And to prevent users from just creating a bunch of alt accounts and adding multiple OCs right away, there is a delay on creating OCs.
It's not just there to annoy you.
Thanks you galactus that a very good reason the other part is writing style due to today's writing most Oc characters have the potential to be great characters but in to world people have no good writing any more.
To relay what I said is this I respect everyone on this site and there OC characters the problem is this everyone on this site loves to debate and we all love our OC Characters but after looking them up you give the fake comic issue and your characters are just copy and pasted or photoshopped character just painted over to make it your character.
The other issue is with OC characters don't have very good story's or backstory s the reason behind is in today world most comic writers can't write good story's no more marvel has gone full sjw,feminism rather that writing good story's there trying to beat D.C. Which they are in movies but not in comics they need a reboot and a big one.
D.C. On the other hand has good writing not the best or worst but they won't make good comics anymore they taken a dark turn a very dark turn but the still write good story'
@Crimson what about Lionman or Star Storms? Both well thought out characters
So did I but I don't put them on this site I respect there characters but since the writing style today is for trash marvel has to have reboot and D.C. Is taking a dark turn the problem with is character is that there not original any more it's more copy and paste or change color but since I respect everyone there a saying in people's head that click like a light bulb it's "my characters my rules".
Yeah yeah I know my spelling sucks I trying to work on it
2+ years member.
I have a feeling, this forum is gonna be locked by @Galactus, last time I was right.
You right everything is wrong with them
But how does she fight it her depression and don't use DB rules for training Even though I hate saying this dragonball is copy and paste of the DC universe from the way it's written
1+ years member.
Several ways. First, she realizes that her depression is bringing more sadness to her family on top of her mother's death (the original cause of her depression). Second, her failed suicide attempt (which is what gives her powers) helps her realize that she needs help. Third, her mentor Primus tries to help her get over it.
So the death of her mother causes her depression so try's to kill herself which gives her her powers and primus helps her fight fight that so poorly written that D.C. Or marvel won't even take it. 1 don't make the death of her mother the main issue add more stuff to like she afraid it might happen to her daughter ,husband ,or any other person she cares about. Second her gaining super powers from suside is dume as hell make the powers seem more as gift from her mother as if she saying you have these powers to go don't let my death be your only problem.
Third: do you know batman which every knows his get shot in the ally way he becomes batman not. Just off is parents death but to make sure no 8 year old boy or girl can go with out parents hints the reason he cares for his side kicks,dick,Jason,Tim and the rest of that bat family he cares for there safety.
1+ years member.
Okay, don't try to tell me how to change my character without even knowing how the story goes.
1. The death of her mother is the only thing at that point that would cause her depression. And this happens when she's only 13, so she doesn't have a husband or daughter at this point.
2. It's not exclusively because she tries to kill herself, boy, that's just the initial cause. And considering that her mother's powers were HEALING, she can't give energy manipulation, so no. The reason her suicide attempt gives her powers is because she tests a machine that's purpose is to fuse a human with energy (the basis of her powers) on herself, and because her death was prevented by a cosmic abstract who wanted to use her.
3. Your grammar is basically illegible, I can't even tell what you're trying to get across there.
I'm not going to tell you how to change your character but now that know your characters back story is out is now I can take it seriously I have me own but I don't them on this site.
I like the Oc feature but some people make copyrighted characters so @Galactucus put a limit.
To address the first issue some people not all some people have every bad writing styles for example lordtracer I like your character I think there great put writing style by adding DB rules is terrible writing why because your not address the problems they for example your character hearthstone is a great character but you just add power boost to take care of depression rather than addressing the problem you ignored by giving her power boost be more human than be hero .
1+ years member.
Okay, so you clearly don't understand what I meant when I brought that up. She does not get over her depression because she becomes stronger. She gets stronger after she gets over her depression. It's the other way around. Also, I only use DB rules when it comes to training, because several of my characters have a massive well of potential to draw from, such as Heartstone having access to all energy in creation, Lord Devastator being a Titan, a species with an adaptive power level and easily adapt, etc.
This is serious talk here I'm not going to be hateing on anyone OC characters I respect everyone's characters and how they write them but this issue is about Oc characters and the writing style people are useing today .

Active users (last 2 minutes)

2005- 2019 - Superhero Database | SuperheroMovies.net