-= VOTERY STARTED =- Celebrate 15 years of SHDb. Win awesome prizes!

Offical List of Debating rules

Created by Soulcollecter57, 2 y 3 mo 9 d ago.

This is a list of rules complied from multiple users on how a debate should be conducted and how the winner should be decided.

Comments

Bane333
Bane333 1 y 7 mo 6 d
1 year member
I'm a nobody but I'll sign for free
( bane333 ) there
show 5 replies
Bane333
Bane333 1 y 7 mo 6 d
1 year member
I disagree I think he makes top 5 you do to.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 1 y 7 mo 6 d
4 year member
Well, I give the page number and the panel number, so I guess this doesn't apply to me...
AkhilPDX
AkhilPDX 1 y 7 mo 6 d
3 year member
No, it DOES, because there is no point in GOING to that comic and scrolling down. Giving out a page number is SO much easier and takes so little time. If you do that, you shouldn't expect them to read it. And if you expect them to give you evidence in the same format, you'd be the ningenic peon.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 1 y 7 mo 6 d
4 year member
It's called 'context'. You should learn to use it.
AkhilPDX
AkhilPDX 1 y 7 mo 6 d
3 year member
No, if you want the context, you go find the comic by yourself or ask nicely, not demand it like a brainless zombie who requires everyone to give out comics from the top of their brain or read every single comic you give out.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 1 y 7 mo 6 d
4 year member
Thanks for proving to everyone you don't read comics and are not a true comic book fan or a legit comic book debater
Bane333
Bane333 1 y 7 mo 6 d
1 year member
I'm just doing what @Galactus would do,
So guys no arguments please.
AkhilPDX
AkhilPDX 1 y 7 mo 6 d
3 year member
I do read comics, but I don't read every single comic that someone mentions in a debate because I want one piece of evidence. That's why scans exist, and if you can't find a specific comic book which has a scan, you can use a respect thread. Jeez, you don't have to know every feat of a character to debate.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 1 y 7 mo 6 d
4 year member
This is why you don't even reach the top 10 of best debaters on Superhero Database.
AkhilPDX
AkhilPDX 1 y 7 mo 6 d
3 year member
Lol, many have tried to debate me and all of them failed cutetip. My goal isn't to be the best debater, it is to have fun, and precocious little miscreants like you ruin that.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 1 y 7 mo 6 d
4 year member
You're the one who barges into other people's debates saying how wrong they are. You brought this upon yourself. So if you would like to have fun, try not to **** people off, and stay out of others' buisness
AkhilPDX
AkhilPDX 1 y 7 mo 6 d
3 year member
It's my business as a community member if something is wrong or unjust, and I find it disgusting how you expect everyone to bow down to you and worship you as the best debater when you aren't. You say that you've never specifically STATED that, but you've implied it many times over which results in you being a meme. Seriously, you aren't a homophobe but you think homosexuality is wrong (you've been stomped in that debate by EVERYONE participating in it)? You aren't sexist but think women are inferior. Everything you say is deluded @SirSpidey and it won't change unless you change your attitude. Anyways, I have to go to sleep. Don't say I'm running away considering my health is more important than debating you. Guess that makes everyone inferior since you are the king of all debates.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 1 y 7 mo 6 d
4 year member
I mean, you can worship me if you want, but just know that you would be a little weirdo. I don't see what politics have to do with literally anything, but okay.