Created by Galactus, 3 y 2 mo 16 d ago.
A list of of new features/add-ons for v4.x can be found here:
- SHDB v4.x
-- Already updated all the Movie Verses
-- Moderators and up can add/edit this in the Edit page of the Universe profile.
This will be used for Searching and Filtering in the near future.
-- Will be updated every 24 hours.
-- Let me know if you want links for other movie universes.
-- Items older than 2 months will be on top and have a red icon.
- As a first step, I've update the Characters by Class page. Going from 10+ seconds to < 1 second to render that page. (Should still be faster, but it's a good first step.)
I will slowly update all pages that show the Class to make use of this stored Class value, making the website a little bit faster. This will also be used to let you order lists by Class, like collections.
-- Going through all the suggestion and will add them to the To-Do list next few days.
- Deleted 30 characters set for deletion
- You can now filter on year and verse.
-- Just type the year, like '2021' or the verse, like 'MCU'
-- If you also want to order and filter, first order, then filter.
- Bugfix: The Set for Deletion page now also shows OCs.
- If one Member in a Team of a Battle has Omnipotence, the Team Class will get the Infinite symbol.
- Added a 'Set for Deletion'-page. (Admin -> Set 2 Del).
- Bugfix; Infinite (Omnipotent) signs are now showing up again on Battles.
-- Can be found in the main menu or on the main Battle page.
-- These do not include the Variations, but do include Battle Royale Battles.
Have you voted on all of them?
-- The Top 20 Battles are now updated every x hours. The page now loads much faster.
-- When running the delete script, the 'Set for deletion'-button will be disabled.
- Deleted 144 characters set for deletion.
-- Deleted all Battles with duplicate characters that were not made by users.
-- Cleaned up the Battles with duplicate characters.
I haven't seen any issue with the team names, though.
I forgot to upload the new version of that page. It's fixed.
Will do it right away! Thanks.
-- Black Adam (2022)
-- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)
- Deleted 111 Movie Ratings from closed accounts.
- Deleted 1523 Battle Votes from closed accounts.
-- On your dashboard, click the link in the Movie Award, just like the contributions and images.
- Classes can now have a 'Trillion' suffix; for instance 3.5T instead of 3500B.
- Deleted 197 characters that were set for deletion.
-- Added a filter for the Tiers, this way you can see all the 'Grand' Powers for instance.
-The Power page also shows the Tier and has the Score in the Tier color.
-- There are 622 characters / 950 Stats (excluding OCs) that have PHC and are not Human. Those will be removed, the Powers not the Stats.
Does this take place in the same Universe as the other Predator/Alien movies?
- Added Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (2022).
I know nothing about DBZ, please add the correct Verse + Characters.
And how do I get my specific Account name? Is it that number behind my name? I don't know much about Discord.
Is there even an 'online' presence, without going into the app?
Discord has a web service too.
I think you need both username and number
-- Fixed a bug that prevented to show the list of selected Super Powers
-- Updated that list, so that it shows the score with the Power Level applied.
-- Updated the main list so the SPS show a more accurate number (one decimal).
-- I triple checked everything and made copies of all the data, since I have a bad track record of these sorts of things. 😅
If you request a Super Power in the future, please add a description of it. Some don't have a description and it's super vague of what they're suppose to do. I will delete them from now on.
You should be adding the correct Stats and Powers, if the outcome is wrong, I might need to change the Power Scores, not add or subtract Powers. There should be no re-editing because the Power scores change.
Some Powers have more effect than others, that's why they have different scores. New powers start with a score of 1, and need to be edited. I'm going to update those. And maybe change a few other Powers too.
-- I will add a filter for them later.
-- Will add a page on your Dashboard to see ratings per user soon.
- Movies with less than 5 ratings show up in grey and should be taken with a grain of salt.
-- Can be found under your Admin page > My Profile > Links
- Updated the Contribution page;
-- Added paging
-- Added a filter for; Characters, Teams, Powers, etc.
This can be useful when requesting edits or link battles. All items with a profile will have this button, including Forum posts and Gallery items.
No single person can add items by themselves anymore, except for me.
I want to come up with a better Request page soon.
- I've added a 'no powers'-page in the Admin area. This shows all (non OC) characters that have no Powers and were edited within the data loss period.
You can also filter to show only characters that you've edited in that same period.
Conclusion; images are also lost. 😖
- I've added a marker (exclamation icon) on the User uStats page. This indicates the uStats that were affected by the data loss.
*This could mark false positives, characters that intentionally don't have Super Powers connected to them.
More updates will be up a.s.a.p.
If anyone else want a personal list, let me know.
I will never ever do something like this again in the future. This absolutely s*cks!!!
Here's what I found:
I'm working on a solution to make re-editing easier.
Removed some powers and moved the characters to the (already existing) powers.
Air Control -> Wind Control
Lava Manipulation -> Magma manip
Absolute Condition -> Omnipotence
Absorption -> Deleted
You need to add the specific 'Absorption' power to the characters.
This happens all the time, users approving things that shouldn't be approved. Maybe I should remove everyones approval option.
There isn't a button that says 'revert to previous state'. It takes time, a lot of time...
There's no such thing as ctrl-z in databases.
I see that Gladiator II got deleted for being a duplicate. How? That was in the database for over 16 years.
Removed some powers and moved the characters to the (already existing) powers.
Technology Manipulation -> Technopath/Cyberpath
Heal -> Vitakinesis
Timeframe Control -> Bullet Time
Perception Manipulation -> Illusions
Transmutation -> Molecular Manipulation
These changes also have an effect on the Class, since some characters had both powers.
Added: Enhanced Taste
Removed: Enhanced Senses (It was too general, and we have the separate powers anyways)
I've added something called 'Vibe' to the User Dashboard. This shows what 'vibe' you give off, how your presence is on the website.
This is calculated from the comments. Including; the amount of (up/down)votes you give, the amount of (up/down)votes you get, the amount of comments you make and the amount of 'flags' you get.
It's calculated pretty positively, taking into account the 'voting' topics. Being flagged will count significantly.
Vibe works exponentially, the higher it is, the faster it will grow.
Overall this should be a good way to see if someone is positive in nature.
* Still in beta, I might change some numbers in the near future.
-- Added the Ratings for Comments, Battles and Images.
-- Removed the Season info.
-- You can filter 'Unconnected' images
-- You can order by date added (oldest first)
You can find it here:
- Added the 'Unconnected (Loose) Images' page for everyone, not just editors.
- You can't remove the last connection of an image anymore.
- Added the recent (last 7 days) updates on the Feed page.
- Updated the Battle info popup with some stats.
- You can now directly copy the Battle link to use in a comment. (Button left of the Info button)
- Added about 1,100 new Hubs
- Added 5,400 characters to Hubs
- You can now see who approved a request on the item 'edit'-page.
I had to match up by name for older requests (up to this point), so there can be some inaccurate data.
- Added a 'Deleted' page to the Admin Handy pages. This shows all characters that have been deleted including the reason.
-- Moderators can also see who added the character in the first place.
In the last few days I've been optimising the database and removing some redundant data. In total I deleted over 1GB of database storage. Although maintaining websites/databases can be annoying some times, it also has plenty of satisfying moments. Removing over 50% of the database footprint without it messing with the website functionality is great.
Deleted 56 Characters.
28% Copyrighted OC
20% Own OC
20% Doesn't fit SHDb
I'll start working on the page, fun little project for tonight.
New movies didn't show a poster right away. That has been fixed.
It's still a bit of a mix between the Superhero Movies website and SHDb. Not ideal.
Everyone can now add characters to movies.
Added the following movie (franchises):
- Shrek (all movies)
- Starship Troopers (all)
- Rambo (4,5,6...)
- Rocky (all)
- Puss in Boots (2011/2022)
- Bruce Almighty
- Fifth Element
- Mission Impossible (1-99)
Have fun rating them!
-The Twilight Saga
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-The Hunger Games
-Percy Jackson & the Olympians
-Clash of the Titans
Regarding the downvote option for comments.
Some topics, some of mine included, use the voting system as a poll. So I've added a 'Allow downvoting on comments'-option for forum topics.
It's turned off by default. For already created topics, you can use the (tiny) pencil icon to edit your topic and switch on this option.
Previous downvotes still persist.
Hope this is a good compromise between no downvoting and downvoting when needed.
- Movies have a poster image. (I will update this to a full poster in the near future)
- Added an 'upcoming movies'-tab; you can connect characters to those movies, but not rate it yet.
- Deleted a few duplicate Universes.
Mr & Mrs Smith
Do you have plan to add option to request movies?
I think it's best to do the request through a forum topic. To make sure we don't get movies in here that don't belong.
Made some progress on the Movie section;
- Movies are now part of a Universe. (Some not yet, since the Universe doesn't exist on SHDb yet. Feel free to add it)
- Movies can be part of multiple Universes, Like the new Dr. Strange movie and Spidey No Way Home.
- Editors (and up) can now add characters to the movies (where a universe is selected; with the 'person +'-icon )
- The connected Universes work as a filter when adding characters. No need to sift through 40 Spider-Men.
- The connected movies will show up on the Character Profile 'Movie'-tab.
- Added two movies;
-- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2022)
-- Split (2016)
Changed how the Top X characters on the homepage are shown.
- The list is generated once an hour, instead of realtime.
- It's generated from the last 7 days, instead of the previous 14. Which should make it change more often.
The Top X list gets its data from the Pageviews table. Which grows incredibly fast, as you can imagine (now at around 10 million records). It took almost 9 seconds each time to generate the top x list and add all information of that character. (Probably also due to lack of knowledge to make it faster. 😬)
But, updating the list hourly is more than enough. So, it now takes about 140 seconds a day compared to the over 140 minutes/day (based on all the pageviews).
Saving some more precious server time.
Did some cleaning up on the forums.
- Locked topics will be hidden from the topic list after 7 days. They are not deleted, so you can still read them if you have a link (search, fave, or a comment, etc)
- Topics without any comment will be hidden after 1 month. Again, not deleted.
- Fixed the order of the topics, it was a bit weird.
These changes also improve the load times a bit.
- Changed the Top 3 battles list on character profile pages. It's now based on the vote count for that character (or team with that character) instead of the total votes for the battle.
- As above, but for the Profile Battles page.
Creating the top list this way is 8-10x faster, saving some server time.
- Connection search now shows Verse and Version of characters
- +bugfix after this update
- Now showing item count
- Now showing locked icon
- Removed all empty collections
Deleted 88 Characters.
- Movie Ratings; Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022) has been added.
You can (read: should) now login with your e-mail address. In the near future you won't be able to login with your username anymore.
1. I want to allow for you to be able to change your username. (With limits, but I haven't defined them yet).
2. Some database related reasons you're not interested in.
If, for some reason, you can't remember what e-mail address you've used, I've added it to your main profile page (only you can see it).
So, for future compatibility, make a habit of logging in with your e-mail address from now on.
I've been cleaning up the database the last few days. Here's a summary of the amount of records I've deleted;
Users settings 58
Battles Votes 60,446
Comments (History) 6,160
Comments (Votes) 7,015
Forum Topics 225
- Stats 429
- Stats - Powers 10,530
- Info 806
- Votes 99
So, over 170,000 records were removed. Although still a small percentage of the total of records, it still helps (a bit).
Some accounts set for deletion (by Heralds an me) haven't been removed yet (including all connected data). That's 84 accounts that I want to check a bit more specific before deleting, since there's 'no' way back.
You might not care about the statistics of running a website like this, but some might. I always try to optimise the website wherever I can. Every small bit of optimisation helps.
Removed the 1M membership. Doubled the OC count for the annual 1K and 1B memberships, also lower them one $1,-.
Added the 1T Membership for $6.-/month or $48 annually (33% discount) including 48 OC slots.
Thinking about adding a lifetime membership; $86.- once, never have ads, and unlimited OCs. Like to know your option on that.
Deleted 182 Characters.
Removed the 7 slot package ($0.29/slot) and added back the 12 slot package ($0.25/slot). Also added back the 99 slot package ($0.19/slot).
You can buy extra slots here.
Morbius and The Batman can now be rated at the movie section.
- Deleted 26 characters set for deletion.
This is more an update for me than for you, but you can also benefit.
All purchases are now stored in the database per purchase, rather than just added up. So I can now see what you've purchased from your profile page.
This will also allow me to add any new purchases from within the interface, so I can add it faster, no more database fiddling (although it is still manual).
And I want to thank everyone who've purchased either a membership, OC slots or donated! I can't stress enough how much I appreciate it you helping keep the website running!
- Removed obsolete data from the main Characters table. It's now 80% smaller.
- Deleted unactivated accounts older than 2 years. About 35% of the account data.
- Optimised a few database tables.
-- Feed page and Battle (overview) page are still a bit on the slow side.
-- I have to change how comments are build up, it's just too slow.
(I flooded the system memory for a few minutes, sorry about that.)
-Uploading images: You can now upload images in the Webp format.
- Small update; Unused OC slots will now show as one slot with the amount stated inside it, instead of x-amount of separate slots. Some of you got 99,.. imagine that!
- Deleted 103 characters set for deletion.
- Loading ustats when editing stats had some issues, now fixed.
- User class: Comments on your created forum topic will get you a bit more points.
- OC Character list is now alphabetically ordered
- Comments will be shown from January 1st 2019 and up. No more 24 month filter.
- Editors+: In your Admin-page is a new button under 'Handy pages' called 'Uncon. Images'. This will show all uploaded images without any connections.
- Ran the delete script yesterday. Deleted 154 profiles and everything connected to them.
- User Class is now visible on your comments.
Since it's too time-consuming to calculate it real-time for each comment, I've created a new db-table to store the class. I'm working on getting this updated every x-minutes. For now it updates whenever someone visits your user-profile page.
- Profiles 'set for deletion' will show the reason and who has set it to be deleted, so you can ask your 'why'-question to the right person.
- You can now load your uStats when editing the SHDB stats.
This does not auto-save the stats, so you revert back to the current stats if needed.
So, after @Ezio approved your uStats, you only have to click the Load-button and hit Save. No need to redo all the stats. The ultimate timesaver!
- The character search now also shows the Verse info.
- Changing an existing battle will show the avatars + all the character info as well.
A Verse-filter is still on the to-do list, but requires a bit more work. But I think this update will already make it a 100x easier to pick the right character.
What OS and browser do you use? Have you tried multiple battles? Do you have a link to a battle that has this issue?
- Locations added to search
- When entering search query, page will scroll to top.
- Request page now shows full name of Verse.
- Bugfix; Skin color visible again on profile pages.
You can now rate images; https://www.superherodb.com/gallery/4995/
Deleted 125 Characters.
- Objects and Locations are now editable.
- by users who requested it or by Editors+
- and assignable by Mods to any user, just like characters.
Small layout update on the Movies page.
Added a filter for your ratings.
Made some changes to the Request page. It has a better layout now, especially on mobile!
Also, you can click on the little User-icon to see who requested the entry.
1- new "Item count" counts lines. because of that the total number jump from 200 to 500.
2- The information displayed in search is reduced.
We've reached 1,000,000 battle votes in July! 🥳
You can either enter your overall rating, or enter specific ratings per category.
The popup wasn't great on mobile. It's better now, still not perfect.
You will get points now for adding your ratings. You get twice the amount of points for specifying the ratings by category.
Let me know if there's a movie missing. I'll add it. (No TV Shows yet)
*Movie Ratings page can also be found in the main menu.
The Green Mile
Maybe Lord Of the Ring
Men In Black
Terminator 1& 2 & Rise of the Machines & Salvation & Genisys
I'll add them all right away.
Addams Family 1991
- User page - Battles can be sorted by date. And reverse ordered by votes/comments/faves.
- Profile page; Alter egos are filtered by verse.
Updated the main user profile page.
Contributions now have 'levels' (normal, bronze, silver, gold, premium).
Deleted 23 characters set for deletion.
On the Admin page;
- OCs show as cards. Click them to edit
- Empty OC slots show as cards. Click to add new OC.
- 'Get OC slots' card added.
Above updated also done added to you OC tab on the main page (except the click will go to the profile). The extras are only visible to you, obviously.
- Fixed the main menu on mobile devices.
- Battle Create: Added Publisher filter. (Universe filter will follow soon)
Normal users can't vote on the request page anymore.
It looks like some people just blindly upvote everything they see, without checking.
The new To-Do / Bug list is live. (can be found in the footer)
I still have to add all new suggestions.
Changed the user 'ranks'.
Instead of getting a new badge every year, you'll get one every 4 months.
3 slots for $ 1.-
12 slots for $ 3.- (25% off)
99 slots for $ 20.- (39% off)
Get the OC Slots here.
New memberships will be up soon.
If people didn't use it for copyrighted material all the time and read the rules on OCs, this wouldn't have to be necessary.
The database had grown too large. We moved the database back to its default location, which has plenty of room, but is a bit slower.
I've located the main culprit and will be deleting a lot of redundant records next few days.
Sorry for the downtime.
I made a small typo 'Thee' instead of 'The'.
You can (finally) click the Hashtag # next to the comment source to scroll to the comment on that page.
Saves a lot of searching through all the replies.
Updated the 'quick search' (popup) on different pages, like battle creation, collections, etc. It's a lot more solid now, no more 'jumping' of the results. Which was incredibly annoying.
The main search page now shows the new result layout.
- Quick search now shows a 'searching' indication.
- Quick search now shows result count information.
- Fave Icon shows the amount of faves.
- Main menu 'Forum' gets you to the main Forum page
- Main menu: Added link to Forum Search page.
Deleted 144 characters set for deletion.
Added the Universe name in more places, like the feed battle buttons and battle titles.
I have the option the turn off the Universe suffix, though. I already turned off Earth-616 and Prime-Earth. Some Universes make no sense to be added.
Updated the new menu system. This should fix the horizontal scrolling and half-width content on mobile devices.
Also a small fix for the search results.
- New Menu system
- - 3 times more compact
- - Easier access to all pages
- - Sticky menu
- New User Menu
- New Search
* Still some bugs, even though I've tested it thoroughly.
Fixed a bug where sometimes the 'versionname' of a character in a team got added to the teamname.
Also fixed it for Verses.
- Changed all profile 'headers'. Made the 'image' or 'avatar' smaller on mobile devices.
- Changed the font of the main title.
- Character profile header now also shows the Universe.
Also added 'Featured' battles to the feed page yesterday as an experiment. If people like it, I will keep it.
I'll put battles on the featured list that I find personally interesting or fun. I'll swap them out whenever I see a new fun battle.
Added the 'Version'-field for characters on the edit page.
This is where the version info should be entered. These are things that appear in between parenthesis (...) and isn't universe info.
Some examples; Worthy, Force Ghost, Extremis Armor, etc.
If you're done editing a character shouldn't have anything between () anymore, except a universe that isn't in the db yet. Before finishing the edit, please request the universe and let me know so I can upvote it and you can select the right universe.
The homepage now has the new Cards. They are shown in a horizontal scrolling 'ribbon'.
Added Mini Cards to the profile pages to show the alter-egos.
- Updated a lot of character names and removed the universe suffix.
- Change the way character names are shown in lists and battles
- Updated the cards on the universe pages to v2.0 (other pages will be updated later this weekend)
If all universe suffixes have been removed I will move all 'version' suffixes to the correct data-field.
On the request page I've added a 'Version Name' field for characters. This is for what you normally add between (...) as a suffix.
So, we shouldn't have anything in parentheses anymore from now on. I will convert all existing characters to this format.
name: Iron Man (Hulkbuster) (MCU)
name: Iron Man
I've already converted the profile pages and search to use the new format. The rest will follow this weekend.
Added Feed history for comments. At the bottom of the comments on the Feed page there's a 'Read more' button.
You can read back up to a month ago. I can change this limit, but a month seems enough.
Deleted 71 characters, including 23 copyrighted character.
Successfully this time.
So, I messed something up. I thought I would fix it by importing a backup. But that messed up other things again, irreversible.
Long story short; all battles, battle variations, comments and collections of the last two days are gone. I can't turn it back.
Note to self; never do the deleting at the end of the day.
What about edits made to characters? Are those gone as well?
Added Power Scores for all 'new' powers added in the last few weeks (or months even).
They might not be ideal yet, but they add at least a minimum of what I think they should add.
I will be adding the scores to the Power profile page. And I'm also thinking of a way for you to have a say in how many points a Power should add. This will be less influential than just adding a score and calculating the average.
If you have any suggestion, please let me know in the suggestions topic.
Two new awards are available. But there's a catch; you can't have both.
You can click on your Bonus Points on your user page to see a how you got the points.
You can see the details of the uStats on the profile page now. Click the uStat tab and then click the 'x users' link.
This doesn't work on the Battle page yet, will add that this weekend.
Added a new Award!
(Don't ask how to get it... try to figure it out first)
To celebrate the v2 stats, I've added some bonus points for everyone who added v2 stats and v2 ustats.
I've created a 'Bonus Points' section on your profile page. All special events/efforts points will be added here.
I'll create some Double XP weekends soon!
Removed the v1 stats.
You can select Species and Type now on the character profile edit (bio) page.
I intent to make it multi-select, but I was taking too long figuring out the right way to do the interface for it. So, for now, you can select one species and one type. Already an upgrade from the previous selections.
If you're not sure how it works, or what the difference is between Species and Type, just edit a character and open up the Type option. That should clear things up right away, I think.
You can now 'rate' battles just like you can rate comments!
And just like comments, you can't rate your own Battle or Variation.
I personally really like this option. I will create a list of highest rated battles in a few days, when we have enough ratings.
Requests can now be voted on by regular users. Your account needs to be at least 30 days old to vote, though.
Voting will earn you points (either up or down vote).
Hopefully we can reduce the request list a bit this way.
Please search the website before requesting and voting. Try a slightly different spelling, or search partial names (like 'Parker' instead of 'Peter Parker). We don't want duplicate entries.
Also make sure that the item you request and vote on actually needs to be on this website. If you're not sure about that, please ask here first: https://www.superherodb.com/requesting-new-characters-and-items/100-4678/
How many votes does it take for something to be added to the db (or removed from the list)?
It's not based on the number of votes, but by a score. Each role adds/subtracts a certain amount of points. If 90 points is reached, the item will be added to the db. And with -90 it will be removed from the list.
Normal user: 20 pnts
Editor: 30 pnts
Moderator: 100 pnts
So, without any downvotes is takes 5, 3 and 1 vote respectively.
Hope this all makes sense.
Fixed a bug on the Super Power pages. Some characters from earlier edits showed up.
You can now vote 'neutral' (draw, balanced, whatever you want to call it) on a battle.
- The User Profile edit button has been moved to the Admin section. And is now actually visible. 😬
- Characters set for deletion by a Herald, can't be undone by a lower rank user. You can still set/unset your own OCs.
There were some issues the last few days concerning the speed of the website and throwing errors (max user connections).
I've cleaned up de database yesterday and fixed some other speed related issues. The feed page should load a bit faster, might not be very noticeable. And the homepage is 5-10x faster now. (Going from the Admin page to the homepage was annoying, not anymore).
Hopefully these changes have fixed the error issue. It's working a lot better till now, but weekends are always less busy.
You can now change your vote on a battle directly, without having to remove your vote first.
Deleted 138 characters, of which 105 were copyrighted.
I've subtracted OC slots equal to the amount of copyrighted OC's you've made.
If you need more OC slots, you can get them here: OC Slot packs
Selecting superpowers has been tweaked;
All 'Nigh-Omni'-powers only disable the 'full-omni'-powers, and vice-versa. Omnipotence still disables every other power.
So, you can now select for instance; Nigh-Omnipotence and Omnipresent.
Try refreshing the page. Or close your browser.
You can now create battles with teams with up to 16 members!
Assigned the 'Galactus-Day' awards to everyone that logged in last Monday.
Deleted 109 characters that were set for deletion.
I have set them to delete many times but he found a way to undo it
Updated the user Class calculation; added Objects, Teams, Powers, Locations and Universes you got approved.
- Editors (and the user who requested it) can now edit Objects.
- Editors (and the user who requested it) can now edit Powers.
Fixed a rights issue with the Weaknesses section I added yesterday.
- Added 'weaknesses' section for characters. It will show below the powers on the profile.
- Added a 'Handy Pages' section (couldn't come up with a better title) on the Admin page.
- Added a 'No Stats' page, which shows all characters without SHDb stats. You can filter on publisher.
The Abbs page has been removed and replaced with the Admin page.
- Moved the 'Add OC' button to the Admin page. (You can add OCs again)
- Bugfix; on the profile uStats calculation
- Bugfix; No more upvoting your own comments right after submitting one
- Removed the option to vote for your own comments. (Long overdue)
- On the character and team edit pages I've added the ability to change/select the Universe.
The Universe list is filtered based on the selected publisher.
You can now edit the members of a team.
- You can now select the Universe for characters and teams on the request page.
- Added 'Team Class' on the battle page. This is the sum of the classes of each team member. No fancy calculation.
- Did some design tweaks, mainly for mobile.
You can now search for Teams.
- You can request teams
- You can edit teams
Adding/Removing characters will be up later this week.
You can now request new Universes on the Request page.
*Selecting universe for new character requests will be up next.
All edit pages are now converted. This includes the history, powers, equipment and weapons.
Please read the 'Markup help' on the above mentioned edit pages. Some people didn't use the markup the right way.
The Abbs page will be replaced by the new Admin pages soon. I still need to move a few things. Once that's done, Abbs will become Admin.
The 'Set for deletion'-page hasn't been converted yet. It will be replace by an actual delete page.
I've added a 'Variations'-button, that shows all variations of that battle.
I've added an 'info'-button on the Battle page, which will show a popup with the code and link for that battle. You can copy them to your clipboard by clicking on them.
I fixed some user rights things that have to do with editing on the new Admin pages.
You should be able to edit character's bio, stats and image on the Admin page.
The history, powers and equipment edit pages still need to be converted, but can still be edited through the older pages (Abbs > My Edits)
The conditions of editing are still the same. You can edit if it's your OC or on your edit list.
If you're an editor you can add all characters that aren't locked to your edit list. Non-Editors can only add characters you suggested (and are approved).
Added a little 'Trend' graph to the character profile pages. It's based on the page views of the last 7 days.
The homepage will now also show the top 12 most 'trending' characters of the last 7 days.
Go on, check how popular your are!
I'm updating the edit pages to the new framework, making it more in line with the rest of the website.
I just updated the 'bio' page. A small new feature on that page is that you're able to add the height and weight in more detail.
I've also added an 'Admin' page (found under your abbs, for now) from which you can edit your OCs or items on your edit-list. The History, Equipment and Powers pages will be updated very soon.
Eventually the Abbs page will be removed and be replaced by the Admin page.
You can either edit from the character edit-page, or from your admin page.
You can't add unlimited characters to you edit list anymore. The max is 6.
I have not removed the characters that are already in your list.
The Class on the edit page now shows the correct value.
New role icons and colours.
Graduate = Editor
Cowboy = Moderator
Ninja = Herald
Astronaut = Cosmic (New role)
King = Admin
DarkProdigy is the only one with this role. To keep it all consistent he's the only one to edit these scores right now. (And me of course).
The version 2 stats are now the default stats. The v1 stats are removed from all pages, except the character profile page.
The battle page has been updated; you can now switch between the SHDb stats and uStats on 1-vs-1 battles.
- You can now edit the basic info + image of Objects.
The character edit page now has a quick-edit options for what I call 'Identification'; Name, Real Name, Publisher and Universe.
You don't have to add the character to your edit list first.
- Updated the User Class calculation. Your role is less important.
(Still a work in progress)
- Added Universes page
- Universe is added to the character profile page.
This will eventually (sooner than later) replace the manual adding of the Universe to the character name.
Editors+ can now update the Super Power info.
A small first step in this is that Mods can now update Super Power profile images.
More edit options coming very soon!
- Cleaned up some old Forum Topics (± 400)
- Updated the Super Power pages.; Added Comments and Gallery
- Stats; Stats that are lower than 20 won't be rounded to the nearest 5 anymore.
- Stats v2 Powers have a corresponding colour of the level chosen (grey, blue, purple)
- User Activity page now shows your edits
I accidentally removed some of the battle variations with custom info from the last few days. No backup either. Shame on me.
Bugfix; Battle Variations sometimes returned an error.
It now shows the v2 Class/ v2 uClass below the stats.
Removed about 200 collections.
Lists I removed;
- Lists with less than 3 items.
- Lists created by banned users.
- Inactive users (not logged in for over 2.5 years)
*Not deleted, but hidden. Can be brought back on request.
It's finally here; You can now easily change characters on a battle. Look for the big blue button that says 'Change characters'.
Bugfix; You can now add Super Powers in Battle Variations.
Everyone can now connect things to objects, including; Characters, Teams, Powers, Objects and Locations.
After adding a character to your edit-list, you can directly start editing from there using the new 'edit profile' button.
No need to go to your edit-list page.
I was trying to delete some redundant pageview data (±30 million records) , but that crashed the whole database. After chatting with the support guy it got resolved, after an extra reboot.
It clears up a lot of space and shouldn't be an issue for the next few years.
ALL characters are now unlocked for editors. Yes, you can now update Superman, Spider-Man, Thor, etc.
Please also add the v2 stats!!
Everyone can now edit the characters that they've requested (and were approved).
For those who are new to editing;
- Go to the profile of a character you can edit.
- Click on the (purple) Edit in the Profile-menu
- Click 'Add to Edit'
- Go to Abbs (User Menu)
- Click 'My Edits'
- Click the character you want to edit.
This sounds like a lot of steps (and will be made easier), but you'll get the hang of it real quick.
You can have a maximum of 3 characters in your edit list. When done editing, click the 'remove'-button on the 'My Edits'-page.
Have fun! And thanks for contributing!
Unlocked the following characters;
Agent Zero (Christoph Nord)
Angel (Warren Kenneth Worthington III)
Blizzard II (Donald Gill)
Box IV (Madison Jeffries)
Brain Bug ()
Feral (Maria Callasantos)
Firebird (Bonita Juarez)
Firelord (Pyreus Kril)
Franklin Storm (Dr. Franklin Storm)
Green Goblin II (Harold Osborn)
Machine Man (X-51, Aaron Stack)
Ms Marvel II (Sharon Ventura)
Multiple Man (James Arthur)
Mutant X (Diego Rivas)
Pyro (St. John Allerdyce)
Ragdoll (John Jenner)
Rhinemann Ultra (Ray Skye Uhlik)
Riddler (Edward Nigma)
Sasquatch (Walter Langkowski)
Sinon (Asada Shino)
Siryn (Theresa Rourke Cassidy)
Spider-Girl (May 'Mayday' Parker)
Spider-Woman III (Martha Franklin)
Stan Lee (Stan Lee)
Wolfsbane (Rahne Sinclair)
Wyatt Wingfoot (Wyatt Wingfoot)
- Two new awards added!
The first few awards are up! Check your User page to see if you already got any.
And there's a new one for everyone to get. Not giving any hints, but it's not that hard to figure out.
You can now request Artists on the Request page.
- Notifications update;
You are now getting realtime notifications for direct replies, messages and @mentions.
It will show up as a number on your Avatar in the menu bar.
- New forum topics can have an empty description.
Although I encourage to keep the title short and add a description.
- The 'My uStat' page is up and running. You can find it in your user-menu.
Updated the uStats.
There was a bug that saved duplicate entries. That would cause all stats turn into 0 when saving, you might have encountered it.
This has been fixed, but it's possible that you've lost the selected Super Powers.
To make it easier for everyone to check, I'll make a 'My uStats'-page that lists all your uStats. It will be up in about an hour or so.
- Your faved images now show up on your Fave-page!
Updated the User Battle-page;
- Removed the red background color
- Changed the 'hotness' score design, added different colors
- You can now order by; votes, comments, faves and hotness
- Feed: Gallery upload now shows character name.
- Undelete a comment. (Only right after you've deleted it)
- Collection page redesign
- Collections now have comments.
- Feed activity now has filters.
- You can now upload PNG images
- Cards of OCs will show a blue user-icon
- Deleted a bunch of characters yesterday. People still create copyrighted OCs and it's getting really tiring to have to keep removing them. Just stop it already or it's going to be a '1 strike, you're out'-system. Out of creating OCs, that is.
I've added a Notification tab to your user page. This will show all direct replies on your comments and shows dm messages since the last time you've logged out.
At this point it's in a pretty basic form, but it will have more features in the future. This is the first step in the right direction when it comes to notifications.
This is just the very first simple version of the notifications. More features will be added. More on that later.
- Bugfix; Anyone can now add/remove items from an image.
- Bugfix; An 'Unknown' realname doesn't connect to other 'Unknown's anymore.
- Bugfix; Statbar colors on the v2 edit page weren't correct.
- A very low stat now shows 1 instead of 0.
- Editors (and up) can now edit the SHDb v2 stats via the Edit tab after having the character assigned for editing.
Deleted over 200 characters
- User Class: Click on your Class to see an explanation on how to get points.
- Report button has been removed for regular users.
- User Battles: Incorrect vote count
- Feed: Variation votes not showing
- Faves: Forum topics on favourite page
- Gallery: Thumbnail of deleted image still showing
- User Class is up. This is still in a test phase, scores can change.
Check your User Class on your user page.
@Galactus: why is the user score so important?
It helps people do things on the website. People like to be awarded for things. That's what the score is for. To see how much you've contributed to the website.
I won't go into the specifics of the calculation right now, but the main idea is; the more effort it takes to do something, the more points you get.
Commenting won't get you points, though. So no need to spam.
@Bane333: Go to your main profile page, it shows '33K'. That's your current User Class.
Collection feature is live!
Besides characters, you can also add teams, super powers, objects, locations and artists.
Main menu 'Collections' > 'New Collection'
- User Settings: You can now switch Messages and Private Message on and off.
- Characters by Class page now shows the Class of each character.
- Stats are back to the 0 to 100 scale, rounded to the nearest multiple of 5. (This is just a visual thing, it doesn't change the actual stats or class.)
- Gallery: Add and remove items (characters, teams, objects, locations, etc.)
- Comment: Multiple 'replies'-buttons bug fixed.
New homepage layout. Activity feed has been moved to superherodb.com/feed
New feed page: https://www.superherodb.com/feed/
It will have an auto-refresh function later.
The feed will be removed from the homepage soon.
- Moderators can now lock/unlock and delete forum topics.
- Added a text search on the Request Page
You can search item/character name, description, publisher name and submitter username.
- Profile: Fixed bug where sometimes the old image shows after uploading a new one
- Profile: Alter Egos from a different publisher are now filtered
- Search: Characters without publisher now show up in results
- User Battle page: Loads 100x faster now
- User Battle page: Added link to battle
I've approved 55 characters from the request list. I only got to the letter H.
When requesting a character/item, please check your spelling and punctuation. I had to do a lot of manual editing names, etc.
- Character list by Class is up: Characters By Class
- Infinity symbol in the stats where needed, for omnipotent, -scient and -present.
- Comment reply button doesn't show a '?' anymore.
- Battle variation votes won't show up in the regular battle feed anymore.
Gallery and uploading is up and running. Additionally you can now upload images for Objects and Locations.
The ability to connect more characters, teams, objects and locations to existing images will be up later this week.
- At the bottom of the main profile page of OCs is a report button for copyrighted OCs.
So, no. No infinite teammembers.
- Add characters to edit from the profile page
- Heralds can assign any character to any user
- Admin (me) can lock/unlock characters for editing
- Fixed paging layout issue on smaller screens
- Fixed bug that let guest user not create new battles
- Character has infinity class if it has Omnipotence power
- Profile history intro: removed some BBcode
- Character profile pages have unique page titles
- User Page: Messages can be deleted by page 'owner'
- Abbs page now shows up for all users
- All profile images moved to same directory (saves some coding)
- Fix on the comment rating button styling
- Comment: source-title shows reply-icon if comment is a reply
- Feed: battles show the checkmark again when you already voted
- Feed: Edits now show correct user
- Fixed profile images not always showing in search
- Forum: Clearer message if topic is locked
- Requests: Vote progress-bar didn't show correct percentage
- Comments on a Battle Variation won't show up on the regular Battle anymore
- Fixed the time notation on different pages
- Moved the 'Edit' button from the OC page to the Abbs page.
- Fixed paging issue on the Search page.
Character update list (it's a loooong list, be patient while it loads.)
- New search page
- New suggestions page. Items will be added to the db automatically.
- User: favourites
- User: Abbs
- Feed: Character add/edit
- Tweaked the yellow a bit.