Searching...

What qualifications should a character meet in order to qualify for nigh-omnipotence or omnipotence?

Created by Tigerking2020, 2 y 9 mo 16 d ago.

Rules a character should follow in order to be nigh-omnipotent or omnipotent.

Comments

Tigerking2020
Tigerking2020 2 y 9 mo 15 d
What qualifications should a character meet in order to qualify for nigh-omnipotence or omnipotence?
48 months member
@MoNsTeR @Alien_X @RajinKabir @Ezio @Vcowles77 Any thoughts?
Last edited: 2 y 9 mo 15 d ago.
show 2 replies
RajinKabir
RajinKabir 2 y 9 mo 15 d
48 months member
I don't know how best to describe it but someone who reads comics alot can easily say which character is nigh-omnipotent. In a certain comic verse such as dc or marvel characters reaching a certain level can be considered nigh-omnipotent. In marvel any character that can beat being such as LT or multi-Eternity and so on can be considered NO. In DC characters beating perpetua or the darkest Knight eetc. can be considered NO. So Basically it is about cross referencing. But you need to have good idea about the character using to cross reference. Also cosmology has alot to do with tiering characters. And for omnipotence it not the same. In a comic verse there can only be one Omnipotent character. Like TOAA is the only Omnipotent being in Marvel. On the Other hand dc is somewhat different. Either The Presense of the Leavithan of Stories is Omnipotent. I'm not really sure. Also it doesn't necessarily mean that every verse has an Omnipotent character or the most powerful character of any verse is Omnipotent.
Last edited: 2 y 9 mo 15 d ago.
Alien_X
Alien_X 2 y 9 mo 15 d
48 months member
I guess to be omnipotent you have to be able to do anything. If they lost a fight then they aren't omnipotent (so LT isn't). I believe reality/time/space manipulation are good examples of powers that a nigh-omnipotent being should have, but idk.