Strongest Superhero

Starter: remy94

Who do you think is the physically strongest superhero, based on lifting feats, I believe it is Superman.

Replies

HULK IS STRONGEST THERE IS
1+ years member.
I'd say the strongest superhero is probably the Hulk. Hercules with a close second. Superman and Thor are around the same level with Thor having maybe an ever so slight advantage. However, Superman can get stronger with more solar-energy so they are equal. Anyone else is underneath them. If it were who can land the most devastating punch- it would be either Flash or Superman. Really, it is based on which category you want to look at.
Physically? Superman or Hulk.
2+ years member.
In which comics have any of those character lifted an infinite amount of weight?
1+ years member.
Hulk has no upper limits so...
2+ years member.
Well he has yet to be shown capable of lifting an infinite amount of weight, so...
1+ years member.
Hulk is the strongest, he shook an infinite number of dimensions against Ironclad.
2+ years member.
Shaking and lifting are two completely different things
2+ years member.
1 the intent of the Tree is stated in the issue, "the Tree that controls the passage of nature and time"
2 "in turning the wheel you would be fighting against the combined intent of both tree and engine" the intent the old man was referring to was nature and time.
3 Thor was simply fighting against time and nature, he succeeded in forcing it back.
2+ years member.
What are you talking about? Yggdrasil has one purpose and one purpose only.....to connect the Nine Worlds and bind the Cosmos. Yggdrasil only (keyword) CONTROLS nature and time. Nowhere in the comics does it say that Yggdrasil's purpose is to control nature and time. The Old Man was just using this ability of Yggdrasil to control nature and turn to fast forward the evolution of humankind
2+ years member.
C'mon man the comic literally says that the Tree's purpose is to control the passage of nature and time, that is it's intent. The old man used the combined intent of both tree and engine to control the passage of nature and time, so all Thor did was push back time and nature, He didn't push back the nine worlds.
2+ years member.
I swear, if you don't stop twisting around what the comic ACTUALLY says to fit your ridiculous argument, I am going to end this debate and count it as a win for me. That is the only way you can make up your ridiculous arguments and it is PATHETIC. It is pissing me the f**k off. What the comic literally says is, "the tree that CONTROLS the passage of nature and time." Nowhere in that quote does it say "the passage of nature and time is Yggdrasil's purpose" or anything close to that. Yggdrasil only CONTROLS nature and time. That is only one aspect of the tree. The tree's altogether purpose/intent is to connect the Nine Worlds and bind the Cosmos as Thor Volume 2 #83 so clearly says. You CANNOT effectively debate this topic with the ridiculous arguments you are providing for me currently. So stop trying because you are going to get NOWHERE when dealing with someone like myself
Actually @SirSpidey I agree with you
2+ years member.
Come on @remy94.......quit stalling.......
2+ years member.
Stop avoiding me
2+ years member.
Explain how he pushed back the nine worlds but they hadn't been moved to begin with, the only thing that had been tampered with was nature and time, which was the combined intent of both tree and engine, my arguments still stand, if you don't like them no one is making you reply.
2+ years member.
Lifting the nine worlds wouldn't have stopped what the old man had done, pushing back time and nature would have.
2+ years member.
Well you obviously did not read the comic. When Thor pushed back against the weight of the Multiverse, Odin's throne room split in half. So yes, the Multiverse did move whenever pushed back against it's weight. How does the comic just stating that Yggdrasil controls nature and time mean that that was the only thing that was tampered with? That makes zero sense. The intent of Yggdrasil is to bind the Multiverse together into one singularity, as it has always been stated throughout it's publication. Just because I don't like your arguments does not mean that I can't respond. How does that make any logical sense?
2+ years member.
And in doing so, Thor would have been pushing back against the intent of Yggdrasil, which is to bind the Multiverse together
Not Thor
2+ years member.
How?
Franklin Richards, Spectre, any reality warper and some who are not
2+ years member.
Spectre isn't a superhero. Either way, when have those two lifted more than an infinite amount of weight?
Not Thor
1+ years member.
Superman/Thor
2+ years member.
I can agree with that.
2+ years member.
How? Superman does not have feats comparable to Thor's
2+ years member.
The same can be said about Thor, he has never lifted the weight of the earth for five days straight, without the sorcerer's power.
2+ years member.
You are correct. Thor has lifted something heavier. He has pushed the weight of the Universe without the aid of Megingjord
1+ years member.
Hulk is the strongest when it comes to lifting feats, as he was able to lift the weight of a star while also being tortured. Superman's greatest lifting feat (that is consistent) is him bench-pressing the Earth's weight. Thor's greatest lifting feat is him withstanding the weight of 20 planets (I know that's not technically "lifting" but its better than the Midgard Serpent feat.
2+ years member.
Thor's greatest lifting feat is lifting the weight of every planet in the Universe
@SirSpidey can you give me some good Thor comics?
2+ years member.
• Journey Into Mystery #83
• Journey Into Mystery #85
• Journey Into Mystery #90
• Journey Into Mystery #92
• Journey Into Mystery #102
• Journey Into Mystery #103
• Journey Into Mystery #108
• Journey Into Mystery #109
• Journey Into Mystery #110
• Thor: God of Thunder #9
• Thor Volume 1 #161
• Thor Volume 1 #393
• Thor Volume 1 #494
• Thor Volume 2 #12
• Thor Volume 2 #25
• Thor Volume 2 #80
• Thor Volume 2 #81
• Thor Volume 2 #82
• Thor Volume 2 #83
• Thor Volume 2 #84
• Thor Volume 2 #85
Alright I'll try and read some of them
Thanks
1+ years member.
@SirSpidey Have you read the Thor: Son of Asgard from 2004 I think? I thought it was really good and I would like to know your opinion
Alright I'll try and read some of them
Thanks
2+ years member.
@DarkProdigy: I haven't gotten to that story arc yet. I'm still on Journey Into Mystery
1+ years member.
It's one of the best origin-type comic books I've ever read
1+ years member.
It's one of the best origin-type comic books I've ever read
2+ years member.
Awesome! I'm intrigued. I can't wait to get to it
2+ years member.
I thought Thor, the god butcher was a good story arc.
3+ years member.
1. Hulk
2. Icon
3. Superman
4. Supreme
2+ years member.
If the writers intended for Thor to lift the nine worlds they would have said so, Thor only pushed back a single wheel on the world engine, by doing so he was fighting against the "invisible will of engine and tree".
2+ years member.
NO. Thor was "fighting against the combined INTENT of both tree and engine." The wheel was merely "spun by the invisible will of engine and tree." Quit twisting around what the comic actually says to fit your absolutely ridiculous argument
2+ years member.
I didn't twist anything, Thor only succeeded and pushing back the wheel, as the comic explicitly says the wheel was spun by the invisible will of engine and tree, which means he didn't lift Yggdrasil, he only fought against its will, or in other words it's energy.
2+ years member.
Here, let me repeat it again, a theme I find very common with you. The comic clearly states that if Thor were to reverse the wheel on the World Engine, he "would be fighting against the combined INTENT of both tree and engine." And considering Yggdrasil's INTENT is to connect all the World's in the Cosmos, I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that Thor lifted the weight of every World in the Universe. Nowhere in the comic does it state that Thor was fighting against the energies of Yggdrasil. Nowhere in the comics does it say Yggdrasil is a vast energy field
2+ years member.
You can repeat yourself like a child all you want, the comic still doesn't say in anyway that Thor lifted the nine worlds.
2+ years member.
I'm only repeating it because you don't have the mental apitude to comprehend what I'm saying. Thor was fighting against the intent of Yggdrasil. Thor was fighting against the weight of every planet in the Universe
2+ years member.
The intent of the Tree is that it controls the passage of nature and time, as the comic explains.
2+ years member.
Thor lifting the nine worlds is just your own assumption, because the comic doesn't say that in anyway.
2+ years member.
What page does it say this in the comic?
2+ years member.
Page 5-6
2+ years member.
OH MY GOD DUDE. QUIT TWISTING AROUND WHAT THE COMIC ACTUALLY SAYS TO FIT YOUR RIDICULOUS ARGUMENT. Are you actually that desperate to prove that Superman is the strongest that you completely disregard the facts? The passage of nature and time is not the intent of Yggdrasil. Yggdrasil only CONTROLS the passage of nature and time. Throughout all of it's publication, the intent of Yggdrasil is to "connect all the worlds; it binds the cosmos as it grows." YOU are the one who is making up assumptions. YOU are the one who completely denies the facts. Come back when you are actually going to use exactly what the comics say instead of your ridiculous opinions
2+ years member.
Stop making things up, the old man used the Tree for controlling nature and time, so that was it's intent.
2+ years member.
How am I the one make assumptions, you are the one saying things the comic clearly doesn't say.
2+ years member.
That was the intent of the Old Man, but that is not the intent of Yggdrasil
2+ years member.
I am using exactly what the comics say. You twist what the comics actually say to fit your ridiculous opinions
2+ years member.
Can you prove that
2+ years member.
I have given you quotes, word-for-word, that come straight from the comics since the beginning of our debate. You started the debate using your own assumptions
2+ years member.
Okay where in that comic does say that the intent of the Tree is to connect the nine worlds, also where does it say Thor lifted the nine worlds, or are you just making this up to support your ridiculous arguments.
2+ years member.
C'mOn MaN. Have we not already gone over this!? You are actually hurting my brain
• Thor Volume 1 #494
• Thor Volume 2 #83
2+ years member.
You can think and say whatever you want @SirSpidey, the comic still doesn't give any recollection of Thor actually lifting the nine worlds, don't you think that the writers would have made that point clear if that was their intent. Thor's greatest feat of actually lifting a object is lifting the midgard serpent, which he struggled to do.
2+ years member.
I don't think, I know. I don't say, I quote. I like how you used the exact word the comic used to describe the thing Thor was fighting against. INTENT. Very ironic to say the least. We can at least agree that the intent of Yggdrasil is to connect all the Worlds and bind the Cosmos together, right? You only need basic knowledge on Yggdrasil to know this fact
2+ years member.
I'd like to hear your response @remy94. Because I would really like to settle this debate now before it comes back up in the future
2+ years member.
Well can you say for a fact that the intent that the old man was referring to wasn't just nature and time, after all that's what he was using the Tree for?
2+ years member.
The will of the engine and tree was to control nature and time
2+ years member.
Are you agreeing with what I said above?
2+ years member.
I'm agreeing with that one of the intents of Yggdrasil is to connect the nine worlds, I never disagreed with this, but I'm disagreeing with it being the intent that the old man was referring to.
2+ years member.
What are you talking about? Yggdrasil has one purpose and one purpose only.....to connect the Nine Worlds and bind the Cosmos. Yggdrasil only (keyword) CONTROLS nature and time. The Old Man was just using this ability of Yggdrasil to control nature and turn to fast forward the evolution of humankind
1. Superman
2. Hulk
3. Thor
4. Wonder Woman
5. Hercules
6. Sentry
7. Martian Manhunter
8. Supergirl
9. Blue Marvel
Heep
193 days ago
Heep
Strongest Superhero
1+ years member.
I would say
1.Superman
2.Hulk
3.Hercules
4.Wonder Man
5.Thor
6.Wonder Woman
7.Sentry
8.Gladiator
2+ years member.
Also a good list
Top 3 Strongest SuperHero's
1. Hulk
2. Superman
3. Hulk
3. Thor
2+ years member.
Good list @Bbq444
2+ years member.
@Swarm who do you think is the strongest superhero in terms of lifting feats?
That's hard because so many characters have incalculable strengths. Superman, Thor, Thanos, Darkseid, Thor to name a few. I'm not sure we'll ever get a definitive answer on who's the strongest.
😂 Didn't mean to add Thor twice. Hulk is what I intended to write for the last character of the list.
2+ years member.
That has already been answered. While Superman, Hulk, Sentry, etc. are merely speculated as having unlimited strength, Thor on the other hand has actually been shown to physically lift an infinite amount of weight
2+ years member.
Thor's strength is based on magical enhancements, for example the belt of strength, which only doubles is incredible godly physique, it doesn't give him infinite strength.
2+ years member.
When Thor lifted an infinite amount of weight, Thor was not using Megingjord
2+ years member.
When did he ever lift a infinite weight, and don't say the world engine, I've already disproving that.
2+ years member.
Please disprove it again. I'd like to disprove your disproving again
2+ years member.
First off he didn't lift a thing, he only pushed against a single wheel on the world engine, which was feeding on and powered by Yggdrasil energy. Secondly how could he have lifted it, when he struggled to lift the midgard serpent even when he was in possession of his belt of strength.
2+ years member.
Lol, that is what you call disproving? C'mon now, you can surely do better than that, am I right? The comic clearly states that if Thor were to reverse the wheel on the World Engine, he "would be fighting against the combined intent of both tree and engine." And considering Yggdrasil's intent is to connect all the World's in the Cosmos, I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that Thor lifted the weight of every World in the Universe
2+ years member.
Exactly it states that he fought against Yggdrasil, it doesn't say at all that he lifted the nine worlds, fighting against Yggdrasil makes sense because in actuality he was just fighting against it's energy. I would really like for you to explain what was powering the engine if it was not Yggdrasil.
2+ years member.
Here, let me repeat it, a theme I find very common with you. The comic clearly states that if Thor were to reverse the wheel on the World Engine, he "would be fighting against the combined INTENT of both tree and engine." And considering Yggdrasil's INTENT is to connect all the World's in the Cosmos, I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that Thor lifted the weight of every World in the Universe. Nowhere in the comic does it state that Thor was fighting against the energies of Yggdrasil
2+ years member.
The comic also doesn't say he lifted the nine worlds. It says he fought against (not lifted) Yggdrasil, which is a vast energy field, by pushing on a single wheel on the world engine, he was fighting against the energy of which the engine was feeding on, Yggdrasil.
2+ years member.
I would really like for you to explain how he lifts the nine worlds but struggles to lift the midgard serpent, who weighs significantly less.
@SirSpidey he didn't lift it he pushed it you can push more than you can lift (Normally ) so Remy and SirSpidey you r both correct in a way
2+ years member.
Here, let me repeat it again, a theme I find very common with you. The comic clearly states that if Thor were to reverse the wheel on the World Engine, he "would be fighting against the combined INTENT of both tree and engine." And considering Yggdrasil's INTENT is to connect all the World's in the Cosmos, I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that Thor lifted the weight of every World in the Universe. Nowhere in the comic does it state that Thor was fighting against the energies of Yggdrasil
2+ years member.
Except Thor never lifted a thing he fought against Yggdrasil, which is a vast energy field.
2+ years member.
Here, let me repeat it again, a theme I find very common with you. The comic clearly states that if Thor were to reverse the wheel on the World Engine, he "would be fighting against the combined INTENT of both tree and engine." And considering Yggdrasil's INTENT is to connect all the World's in the Cosmos, I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that Thor lifted the weight of every World in the Universe. Nowhere in the comic does it state that Thor was fighting against the energies of Yggdrasil. Nowhere in the comics does it say Yggdrasil is a vast energy field
2+ years member.
@Swarm and @ManofPower Superman bench pressed the weight of two Earth's for 5 days straight, on the 5th day he finally broke a sweat, because he was without sunlight for those 5 days. How much do you think he could lift if he had sunlight?
2+ years member.
I'm going to correct myself, it was only the weight of one Earth.
Who's to say? If he had the sunlight his capacity would most likely be endless. I mean if you think about it his powers are nearly unlimited in terms of potential.
2+ years member.
Exactly, he's one of those characters that the writers never specify his upper limits, his strength may have limits, we've just haven't seen it yet.
2+ years member.
We know Superman's physical limits. He was shown incapable of lifting an infinite amount of weight in Final Crisis: Superman Beyond #1
2+ years member.
There also wasn't any sunlight
2+ years member.
Superman was on the surface of the Earth. He had sunlight
2+ years member.
The sun was nowhere in site, so no he didn't
2+ years member.
Because Superman was on the surface of the Earth, even if there was no visible sunlight, scientifically UV rays are still present
2+ years member.
There was no visible sunlight, which means he didn't have access to his full potential
2+ years member.
Superman fighting at night time is not one of his known weaknesses. If it was, someone would have already exploited that weakness
2+ years member.
It is actually how do you think he lost to Doomsday.
2+ years member.
Because Doomsday is stronger than Superman's durability
2+ years member.
It's a well know fact that Superman is weaker without sunlight
2+ years member.
Except Superman wasn't without the Sun
2+ years member.
As I said it was nowhere in site, so his power were nowhere near there limits.
2+ years member.
As I said, he still had sunlight
2+ years member.
So you are saying Superman is just as powerful on Earth at night, as he would be near the surface of the sun.
2+ years member.
Superman absorbs and retains the Sun's solar radiation, yes
2+ years member.
Superman's powers don't suddenly diminish during the night time
Superman max lift is 200-000-000-000-000-000-000 tons wich is about 4 earths
2+ years member.
When did this happen?
Actually he has lifted more than that 35000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 lbs when he lifted the spectre
1+ years member.
@justice923
I think you forgot two zeros 😉
Actually I just remembered another feat superman has been able to push back Thor plus mjolnir with his hard hand s he done this in a marvel vs Dc (which is as Canon as you could get) Superman said well it looks as if the dial goes up to eleven
2+ years member.
Lol, Marvel vs DC is not canon
@SirSpidey do you want to have a calm debate about this
2+ years member.
Don't talk to me about being calm. You are always the one who starts the shit. But to answer your question, I don't know, do you?
Dude don't start i just asked a question and yeah sure let's have a debate and yes I will prove stuff with comics
2+ years member.
Okay, go on then
Ok first off marvel vs dc comics are the close st thing to Canon that we can get cause they are in separate universes
2+ years member.
Lol, they don't follow mainstream continuity. They are not canon
1+ years member.
@ManofPower I usually agree with you for the most part, but I think you might be confused because Marvel vs DC is not canon like @Sirspidey said.
I know it's not Canon but it's the only way we know who wins between supes and Thor when they actually fought
2+ years member.
Not really. If we use feats, Thor factually wins
2+ years member.
How? His greatest feat is lifting the midgaurd serpent, which he struggled to do.
2+ years member.
One, Thor easily lifted Jormungand. Two, lifting Jormungand is not Thor's greatest feat of strength
Actually I just remembered another feat superman has been able to push back Thor plus mjolnir with his hard hand s he done this in a marvel vs Dc (which is as Canon as you could get) Superman said well it looks as if the dial goes up to eleven
2+ years member.
Yeah, that is not canon
2+ years member.
Thor easily
1+ years member.
Hercules, Hulk, SA Superman, or Thor.
2+ years member.
Thor is incredibly strong, his greatest lifting feat is he lifted the Midgard serpent which at that time weighted about one half of the Earth.
Thor has lifted half the earth while superman benched pressed the weight of the earth
2+ years member.
Actually it was twice the Earth's weight
Point made
2+ years member.
Yeah, no. Thor's greatest feat of strength is lifting the weight of the Universe. Or, if you look at the feat in a different way, Thor's greatest feat of strength is lifting the weight of 9 Universes
1+ years member.
@Sirspidey that feat sounds like a product of bad writing.
2+ years member.
Bad writing or not, it is canon
1+ years member.
True, was this when Thor pushed over a tree of infinite weight or something? I can not remember.
2+ years member.
No, this was when Thor pushed the weight of Yggdrasil and every world connected to it
1+ years member.
Ok, what is Yggdrasil?
2+ years member.
The massive tree that connects all the Worlds in the Cosmos
1+ years member.
That sounds interesting @SirSpidey , what comic was that?
2+ years member.
Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think that is stated in Thor Volume 2 #83
Heep
193 days ago
Heep
Strongest Superhero
1+ years member.
SirLion is the strongest. Being the adopted child of Thor and Hulk, he can lift a universe only with his little finger.
What s his/her real name
2+ years member.
I've never heard of him
1+ years member.
You just have to think a little more and you will say "Oh YEAH !".
Wait lionman
10+ years member.
Lifting a universe is just pushing yourself down.
1+ years member.
@Galactus
They didnt undertand the joke... maybe you too 😆
2+ years member.
I can do that, lol
Can y'all tell me what the joke is ? I have no idea what it is
2+ years member.
He combined SirSpidey and TheNemeanLion, SirLion
On 😊 i should of guessed it man I searched the database and bing for a superhero called sirlion haha good joke
Superman=Shazam=Wonder Woman=Martian Manhunter
They lifted infinity before half of infinity is infinity
2+ years member.
Other then that feat who do you think?
Superman

Active users (last 2 minutes)

2005- 2018 - Superhero Database | SuperheroMovies.net