Searching...

The Best Means by Which to Scale Characters

Created by SirSpidey, 3 y 3 mo 10 d ago.

I just want to know where the term "Outerversal" came from. How does being "Outerversal" prove a character can beat another character? Where in the comics does it use this terminology? I don't know? It has always just irritated me when someone says a character wins because "he is Outerversal in power." Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the scale should go as follows: Planetary < Solar Systemic < Galactic < Universal < Multiversal. With Multiversal being the most powerful a character can get because the comics only ever go to the extent of Multiversal levels of proportion. I believe all of this "Outerversal" bullcrap has diluted the way we think of grandeur, if that makes any sense. I don't think the "forefathers" of the comic book industry, if you will, intended for there to be much more grandeur than someone being able to, I don't know, shake the Multiverse with the power of their attack, or just simply destroy a few Realities. It seems that modern comic book fans are sorta reaching as a way to make something seem more awesome than it really is. What are y'alls thoughts...

Comments

SirSpidey
SirSpidey 3 y 3 mo 3 d
95 months member
No one? Aight. Makes sense.
show 2 replies
MoNsTeR
MoNsTeR 3 y 3 mo 3 d
48 months member
4.8M