Searching...

Suggestion v2.0

Created by Galactus, 2 y 17 d ago.

Suggest new features or feature updates for the website.

Current Features list: SHDb v4.x

*Comments about character updates don't belong here and will be deleted.

Comments

Zarathos
Suggestion v2.0
1 months member
I think a team battle would be a good addition for example Suicide Squad vs Justice League
show 1 reply
Ezio
Ezio 3 d
Suggestion v2.0
54 months member
Team members vary depending on the time.
Ezio
Ezio 5 d
Suggestion v2.0
54 months member
Make the mouse pointer look like a wand on the Harry Potter characters page.
Caleb_Rivas
Suggestion v2.0
1 months member
Ive been saving them all so i wont be spaming @Galactus :

- Friends, Rather then just putting them in your "Favorites" you should be able to friend request, accept, etc.

- Gift Giving, SHDB {personal not hero} Rank should be a form of currency, where you can gift your own points to other people. Or even, being able to buy OC slots with your points.

- Dark Theme, you should be able to turn the website dark as you can with other websites.

- App[lication], you should make the website into a downloadable app, (thats even a way to make money ;)
show 2 replies
MoNsTeR
Suggestion v2.0
14 months member
Friends and dark theme is already list
Galactus
Suggestion v2.0
8+ year member
Using points as credits will only encourage spamming certain aspects of the website... free money! Not going to happen.
Dark Theme is already in development.
There used to be an app, years ago. I completely rebuild it two years ago, but was unable to update the older one. Now the application I used to make it has been discontinued. I have plans to rebuild it again.
Ezio
Ezio 19 d
Suggestion v2.0
54 months member
I have an idea for bad battles: If a battle gets 5 downvotes, it will not show up on the random battle page. If a battle gets 10 downvotes, it will not be displayed on the character's battle page too.
Alien_X
Alien_X 19 d
Suggestion v2.0
13 months member
Have a filter for universes just like there is for publishers, maybe? So that way we can have like Earth 2 vs Earth 52, IDK
MS643262
MS643262 19 d
Suggestion v2.0
37 months member
I think collections/universes/teams/etc. should have an option to be sorted by rank and by popularity.
Poe
Poe 20 d
Suggestion v2.0
24 months member
I have an idea that someone probably said before but what ever maybe in battles there could be a way to make a 3 way fight between characters instead of 1v1 or team vs team or a 4 way battle
show 2 replies
MS643262
MS643262 20 d
Suggestion v2.0
37 months member
That's a battle royale, which could be in progress
Poe
Poe 19 d
Suggestion v2.0
24 months member
Niceeeeeee
MS643262
MS643262 22 d
Suggestion v2.0
37 months member
I have an idea where certain items can get stats (such as let's say the Fire Flower is added and it has Fire Control and other Fire abilities) and when a character equips them in a variable battle, it would add the stats to their current one (for that match only). If the character doesn't have stats, then it won't add the item stats to that character.
masterking2
Suggestion v2.0
4 months member
may you please add concept as a species for beings that are living concept
ArdaX000991
ArdaX000991 1 mo 1 d
Suggestion v2.0
1 months member
I think that when calculating the Ustats of characters, those that are more than 10 times or less than a tenth of the normal stat should not be added to the average. Of course, it's just an idea.
MoNsTeR
MoNsTeR 1 mo 4 d
Suggestion v2.0
14 months member
Attack Potency new power stats
show 4 replies
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 4 d
Suggestion v2.0
8+ year member
Please explain a bit more. How does it work. What units/benchmark/scale should be used. Some examples, maybe?
MoNsTeR
MoNsTeR 1 mo 4 d
Suggestion v2.0
14 months member
Destructive Capacity like hulk can destroy planets stars star level attack potency moon level universal
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 3 d
Suggestion v2.0
8+ year member
How do I read this comment? Please add some punctuation, because now half of it is just random words not making a sentence.
Last edited: 1 mo 3 d ago.
MoNsTeR
MoNsTeR 1 mo 3 d
Suggestion v2.0
14 months member
Attack Potency
An alternative term for Destructive Capacity which has more direct meaning: The Destructive Capacity that an attack is equivalent to. A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces. As such it isn't proof of a low attack potency, if a character's attacks only cause a small amount of destruction.
UnusOf2029
UnusOf2029 1 mo 9 d
Suggestion v2.0
3 months member
Hey here's an idea. So you obviously know that if you add powers to a character their score goes up. Well how about you add a weakness version of that that subtracts from their score. If you add Magic weakness to Superman & you put him up against a magic user it flags it and points it out (it could help out people like me who have little to no knowledge about heroes make accurate decisions.
show 2 replies
R165
R165 1 mo 6 d
Suggestion v2.0
6 months member
are you seriously?
Alien_X
Alien_X 18 d
Suggestion v2.0
13 months member
That's actually not that bad of an idea imo.
Enternity10
Enternity10 1 mo 10 d
Suggestion v2.0
7 months member
Can you add the species of a Deity, it's a little different from a god
show 1 reply
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 6 d
Suggestion v2.0
8+ year member
Done.
Enternity10
Enternity10 1 mo 10 d
Suggestion v2.0
7 months member
I have a sggestion, we should be able to request species on the request page
UnusOf2029
UnusOf2029 1 mo 11 d
Suggestion v2.0
3 months member
Can you add grey-blue s an eye color? Shirou Ogami from the BNAU has them.
RandomName123
RandomName123 1 mo 11 d
Suggestion v2.0
4 months member
can you do like..battle royale ( for example : Batman Vs Deathstroke Vs Nightwing )its like all of them fight each other , not 1v1 but 1v1v1
show 2 replies
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 11 d
Suggestion v2.0
8+ year member
Already on the list.
RandomName123
RandomName123 1 mo 10 d
Suggestion v2.0
4 months member
Okay!
UnusOf2029
UnusOf2029 1 mo 12 d
Suggestion v2.0
3 months member
Could you add teal as an eye color? Michiru Kagemori from BNA has them.
show 2 replies
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 12 d
Suggestion v2.0
8+ year member
Done
UnusOf2029
UnusOf2029 1 mo 12 d
Suggestion v2.0
3 months member
Yee
masterking2
masterking2 1 mo 16 d
Suggestion v2.0
4 months member
i was thinking how about one original object per normal user
show 6 replies
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 16 d
Suggestion v2.0
8+ year member
Nope.
masterking2
masterking2 1 mo 16 d
Suggestion v2.0
4 months member
yeah didn't think that was happening but had to try
UnusOf2029
UnusOf2029 1 mo 11 d
Suggestion v2.0
3 months member
Hey @Galactus how come the instant shut down? It's a good idea & I totally second it.
Ezio
Ezio 1 mo 11 d
Suggestion v2.0
54 months member
If you want to give your OC's any object, add and describe them in their equipment. there is no need to add Sword of Seven Dwarfs from Andromeda in battle between Thor and Shazam.
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 11 d
Suggestion v2.0
8+ year member
It's a pain to create all those exclusions everywhere for what you can edit and what can be used in a battle, etc.
Last edited: 1 mo 11 d ago.
UnusOf2029
UnusOf2029 1 mo 11 d
Suggestion v2.0
3 months member
Ight, that makes sense to an extent but okie.
Alien_X
Alien_X 1 mo 17 d
Suggestion v2.0
13 months member
Maybe in notifications, instead of clearing all at once, there's a little X that's sorta like deleting a comment, but it just deletes it from your notifications (sometimes I keep notifications because I've got debates there), but keep the clear all function as well.
show 1 reply
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 17 d
Suggestion v2.0
8+ year member
Already on the list.
SuperSomebody
SuperSomebody 1 mo 19 d
Suggestion v2.0
2 months member
@Galactus I think we should have the option to change OC names
show 6 replies
Ezio
Ezio 1 mo 19 d
Suggestion v2.0
54 months member
You should first create a good name to make OC.
Just imagine this situation, You create a character named QWERTYU and there is no problem. Two days later you change his name to Spider-Man and I report it for copyright. You change his name to QWERTYU again and two days later you changes his name to Batman.
SuperSomebody
SuperSomebody 1 mo 19 d
Suggestion v2.0
2 months member
@ezio ok but my brother @JoeMom was complaining to me that his OC is about to be deleted but is never actually deleted, why?
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 19 d
Suggestion v2.0
8+ year member
Or you just create a completely different character... all battles with that first character are useless.
SuperSomebody
SuperSomebody 1 mo 19 d
Suggestion v2.0
2 months member
@Galactus so what if the OC creation is max? And when I delete the OC it takes sooooooo long to get deleted
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 19 d
Suggestion v2.0
8+ year member
The deletion is a manual process. And tedious one. So I try to do it once a week.
The whole idea of the OC's is that you already have a character you want to add. Or as @Ezio said, think about a good name before entering. It's clearly stated that the name can not be changed.
SuperSomebody
SuperSomebody 1 mo 19 d
Suggestion v2.0
2 months member
@Galactus ok so I have deleted Astro so thanks :)
UnusOf2029
UnusOf2029 1 mo 21 d
Suggestion v2.0
3 months member
Hey yo remember how I asked about if I made an online book (on wattpad or other things) if I could add them as actual characters & you said that it was a grey area so no? Well how about we MAKE the grey area? I propose that we make OUs (Original Universes), but there will be stipulations on how to get in. 1: You must have a way for the public to access your story. B: You must upload/update/continue the story at least 6 times a year. That's all of the stipulations I can think of for now but, if you can think of more ways to ensure only those whom are dedicated to their stories & world building are added to this list I will be glad to hear them.
-Memento Vivere
-Unus
show 2 replies
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 20 d
Suggestion v2.0
8+ year member
Still no.
You can't make the grey area. You either turn it white (yes) or black (no).
1.This would make every YouTuber / Blogger, etc. that plays a 'character' and has frequent uploads/posts be eligible to be entered as an official character.
2. Who's going to check that?

This is what the OCs are for.
Last edited: 1 mo 20 d ago.
UnusOf2029
UnusOf2029 1 mo 19 d
Suggestion v2.0
3 months member
Oh well. Worth a shot.
SSpiderGwen
SSpiderGwen 1 mo 24 d
Suggestion v2.0
5 months member
@Galactus I know you did this last time but a good suggestion would be. You know the above "Search the database."

Ok whenever I type in "Batman" I don't see the one with the most battles. I only get the unpopular one's. Like "Batman ninja" - My suggestion is that for each hero/villian. Should be on the first selection. Because it's a better way to not consume time to click.
show 1 reply
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 20 d
Suggestion v2.0
8+ year member
I need to fine-tune the search algorithm a bit more.
It's not going to be sorted by the amount of battles, though.
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 27 d
Suggestion v2.0
8+ year member
I've updated the above Feature list with all the requests that are older than a month.
There is a new 'SHDb Idea Box' at the bottom of that page. Interesting ideas with lower priority have been added to that section.

All comments that have been deleted have either been implemented or been added to the To-Do list.
masterking2
masterking2 1 mo 30 d
Suggestion v2.0
4 months member
would it be possible to to give characters more options on the bio
show 3 replies
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 29 d
Suggestion v2.0
8+ year member
Like?
masterking2
masterking2 1 mo 29 d
Suggestion v2.0
4 months member
Such as new species like ghosts shadow draganoid
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 27 d
Suggestion v2.0
8+ year member
You can request those things here: Requesting new characters and items.
The requests page doesn't have species and type as an option yet.
Last edited: 1 mo 20 d ago.
Pedrof
Pedrof 2 mo 1 h 30 m
Suggestion v2.0
17 months member
@Galactus, I think it would be a good idea if we could use big letters for titles, it could be useful when we are doing respect threads.
show 5 replies
Galactus
Galactus 2 mo 1 h 16 m
Suggestion v2.0
8+ year member
Where exactly?
Pedrof
Pedrof 2 mo 1 h 13 m
Suggestion v2.0
17 months member
For example, when I'm doing a respect thread on this topic, it would be useful to be able to use bigger letters just to make it like title.
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 27 d
Suggestion v2.0
8+ year member
I don't think that's a good idea. A comment shouldn't have markup like that.
You can make things bold by putting them between [ b ] and [ /b ] (without the spaces), just like links and images, etc.
Pedrof
Pedrof 1 mo 27 d
Suggestion v2.0
17 months member
@Galactus, I like the bold letters, it can be it.
Pedrof
Pedrof 1 mo 26 d
Suggestion v2.0
17 months member
@Galactus, can you please put it on the ''help'' button?
MS643262
MS643262 2 mo 1 d
Suggestion v2.0
37 months member
I think that collections should be sorted also by power level and popularity. Is this a possibility?
Last edited: 2 mo 1 d ago.
show 2 replies
Galactus
Galactus 2 mo 1 d
Suggestion v2.0
8+ year member
You mean the list of collections or the collection itself?
Ezio
Ezio 2 mo 1 d
Suggestion v2.0
54 months member
@Galactus I think he talks about characters in collection, but I have same suggestion about forum, add sorting by popularity (most like) and most comment option.
Bbq444
Bbq444 2 mo 3 d
Suggestion v2.0
40 months member
Hi @Galactus remember back then when the 1 vs 1 battles and the team battles were separated. The 1 v 1 battles were blue and the team battles were yellow? Can we do something to separate it again because I prefer to vote on the 1 v 1 battles.
show 1 reply
Galactus
Galactus 2 mo 3 d
Suggestion v2.0
8+ year member
That should be possible, I'll look into it.
Ezio
Ezio 2 mo 5 d
Suggestion v2.0
54 months member
When a requested character is rejected, the user will not be able to reapply the same character for a specified period of time.
Revert the "above the editor" limit for Super Powers vote. because Super Power can affect all characters and other Super Powers.
xerodeep
xerodeep 2 mo 8 d
Suggestion v2.0
28 months member
I am starting to think we need a third option in the Requests page. More and more, I am seeing requests for characters, verses, objects, etc. that already exist in the database. An "already exists" button or something that flags these for either further investigation or let's the requestor know that they need to check again and if they still think their request is still unique, to provide further details to differentiate it from what already exists. Just thinking this might save you form having to delete duplicates all the time if the rest of us users can help you identify some of them before they officially get created.

And speaking of duplicates, I remember there was a way to flag a character or item for deletion but cannot seem to find that anymore. I recently requested a new character and somehow, when the character was added/created, two (a duplicate) was created at the same exact time. Not sure how that happened but was hoping I could add the duplicate to a list to be deleted and removed but I cannot seem to find the collection or whatever it was that existed before that served this purpose. Please let me know if there is an official way to request that you remove this duplicate. Thank you!
Savage
Savage 2 mo 26 d
Suggestion v2.0
7 months member
I like that I can see how many likes things have now.
It would be cool if there was a way for us to see what users liked it.
For instanse, I could click on something that would show me all the users who added a battle to their favorites, or a user.
SSpiderGwen
SSpiderGwen 3 mo 23 h 4 m
Suggestion v2.0
5 months member
Hi @Galactus I have a cool suggestion and it's pretty easy to do. So whenever I click on random battle and don't want to make a vote. I would like a shortcut way to select another random battle that generates me from a different one. It's a cool idea because I always have to click battles to select another random battle. It's not hard at all.
show 2 replies
xerodeep
xerodeep 2 mo 8 d
Suggestion v2.0
28 months member
I would find this to be useful. A nice time saver for users.
Enternity10
Enternity10 1 mo 10 d
Suggestion v2.0
7 months member
thats a good suggestion