Suggestion v2.0

A Website topic created by Galactus

Suggestions for version 4 of the website.

Some pages/features are still to be added from the previous version, like; uStats, Suggestions, Collection (edit), Gallery, etc.
No need to mention those.

Comments

Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 11 d
Suggestion v2.0
10+ year member
Sticky Please read this topic before suggesting new features: SHDB Future Updates. Chances are your suggestion is already added.
Duplicate suggestion will be deleted to keep this clean.
Last edited: 3 mo 11 d ago.
AkhilPDX
Suggestion v2.0
2 year member
Can you please make it so that you can block certain people from your DMs?
show 2 replies
jongensoden
Suggestion v2.0
2 year member
No because you want to block Dark_ Wing because he debunked your comments
Bbq444
Bbq444 1 mo 28 d
Suggestion v2.0
1 year member
Add your profile image that can have a little episode of what it is. For Example this image http://clipart-library.com/images/8Txrd7oac.gif
wolfdragon123
wolfdragon123 2 mo 8 d
Suggestion v2.0
4 year member
I liked the feature you originally had for creating battles where we could change the characters from any 1v1 battle page. For example, if I was on the Thor vs Superman page, I could use the drop down menu to switch it to Hulk vs Superman, but I do not see the drop down menu option anymore.
Breaker
Breaker 3 mo 1 d
Suggestion v2.0
@Galactus
Put (fucked) in bad word list
Dark_Wing
Dark_Wing 3 mo 1 d
Suggestion v2.0
It won't let me favorite users.
show 2 replies
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 1 d
Suggestion v2.0
10+ year member
I was just about to reply on your previous comment about it. It should work now, fixed about 5 seconds ago.
Dark_Wing
Dark_Wing 3 mo 1 d
Suggestion v2.0
Thanks, i've just favorite you.
Dark_Wing
Dark_Wing 3 mo 2 d
Suggestion v2.0
I can no longer edit my comments.
show 1 replies
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 2 d
Suggestion v2.0
10+ year member
Fixed.
Kanine88
Kanine88 3 mo 2 d
Suggestion v2.0
1 year member
@Galactus
I appreciate your efforts and hard work. The site kicks ass, imo.
I hear the new update will include quick links to former battles? I.e. clicking on the fights title.
Only other thing I might suggest is a battle-royale format option.
Maybe anywhere from 1v1v1 up to 6v6v6, or up to 9 individual fighters in 1 single brawl, etc.
I'd personally love that option
Dark_Wing
Dark_Wing 3 mo 3 d
Suggestion v2.0
When will we be able to edit/delete our forums?
th
thealexman90 3 mo 6 d
Suggestion v2.0
I have been viewing this website for years now and I appreciate it greatly but this new update is really putting me off, I have tried getting used to it but I find sifting through 30 pages just for marvel character's is very user unfriendly making me not want to look for heros I haven't really heard or don't know much about.

So my suggestion is can you see about making a tab near the top you of the hero list pages where you can flip between having them as a basic list instead of the pictures so you don't have to though 3 pages just to get past the letter A?
show 2 replies
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 5 d
Suggestion v2.0
10+ year member
That's a really good suggestion! I'll make an option to switch between card-view and list-view.
th
thealexman90 3 mo 5 d
Suggestion v2.0
I'm glad you think so, this is my "Go To" place for this kind of information and i'd hate to see people leave because of something so simple.
Bbq444
Bbq444 3 mo 10 d
Suggestion v2.0
1 year member
A great suggestion could be. How about whoever has the most likes on a comment gets to be on the very top page.
show 1 replies
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 5 d
Suggestion v2.0
10+ year member
I'll add it to the suggestions!
bi
bigboyhulk26 3 mo 13 d
Suggestion v2.0
please put the ustates back and if you update it to were members can edit specific states like height and weight without fear of being blocked you will be the only site that does that trust me i have been looking.
show 2 replies
MakeMineMarvel
MakeMineMarvel 3 mo 11 d
Suggestion v2.0
6 year member
The ustats were one of the best things on the website!
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 11 d
Suggestion v2.0
10+ year member
I don't see the point of users adding height and weight. They shouldn't be open for interpretation, they are facts.
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 14 d
Suggestion v2.0
10+ year member
@Wolfdragon123 (and anyone else)
The Activity-feed will be updated to show new forums, images, etc. There will also be a Feed-page again soon. This time with auto-update. The uStats will return soon as well.
After all the missing pages/features are back, I will add a stat-benchmark list. Anyone updating a character can use this list to get the stats more accurate and comparable between characters. Speed will be measured in meters per second.

For intelligence I used the Stanford-Binet (SB5) classification, with goes up to IQ 160. I added the 170, since we're talking Super-beings here 😉.
Last edited: 3 mo 14 d ago.
show 2 replies
wolfdragon123
wolfdragon123 3 mo 13 d
Suggestion v2.0
4 year member
Ohhh okay, I knew there had to be a clever reason why you picked 170 😅
Also another suggestion, I remember how we were able to search the alter egos of the characters in the search bar and get all related characters, but it does not seem to work any more. For example, when I used to search "Bruce Banner", I would get all the different variations of Banner's Hulk, but now I only get a few results that have "Bruce Banner" as the main name
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 13 d
Suggestion v2.0
10+ year member
Thanks for letting me know. Didn't notice that seachoption was missing. I'll add it to the Buglist.
There is an 'alter ego' section for characters. So, if you find one 'Bruce Banner', all variation will show up at that section.
Thebestsilver7
Thebestsilver7 3 mo 17 d
Suggestion v2.0
I think could be a good idea allow to create a variaton battle directly, with no "standard" version.
show 2 replies
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 14 d
Suggestion v2.0
10+ year member
That's not possible. I'll spare you the technical details 😉
Thebestsilver7
Thebestsilver7 3 mo 2 d
Suggestion v2.0
Oh okay, no problem ^^

With the already proposed search idea, I will be satisfied with what I was proposing, since I imagine that the variations will be accessible during the search.
wolfdragon123
wolfdragon123 3 mo 18 d
Suggestion v2.0
4 year member
Love the new updates, but just a few suggestions. On the homepage I liked having the recently created forums and a way to go back to view older comments and I do not see that anymore. On the individual character pages, I think it was good having the ustats just as a reference as to what other people think. For the stats, I like how you made their max lift weight be their strength stat and would also like it if you did the same with the speed and had their max speed be a measure of how fast they can move (without teleportation). Also, just curious, why did you choose 170 for the max intelligence? I'm not complaining, I like that there is a larger range for the stat, but I'm just curious why you choose specifically 170.
show 6 replies
Jakcj
Jakcj 3 mo 18 d
Suggestion v2.0
1 year member
Hey Wolfdragon what's up man.
Dark_Wing
Dark_Wing 3 mo 18 d
Suggestion v2.0
It's been to long @Wolfdragon where have you been?
Jakcj
Jakcj 3 mo 18 d
Suggestion v2.0
1 year member
Do you even know this person?
wolfdragon123
wolfdragon123 3 mo 17 d
Suggestion v2.0
4 year member
Mostly been busy with school, but I still came on time to time to check everything out. I just hadn't been seeing many interesting topics that I really wanted to share my thoughts on so I took a bit of a break. But anyways, how have you guys been?
Kanine88
Kanine88 3 mo 17 d
Suggestion v2.0
1 year member
Sup @Wolfdragon!!! Too long bro. Lol I agree that the forums along with finding past battles to be one of the biggest flaws but other than that I like the update
Bbq444
Bbq444 3 mo 17 d
Suggestion v2.0
1 year member
Hey @wolfdragon123 long time no see.