Searching...
Browse AD FREE for less than 84¢ a month with an SHDb membership.

Suggestions v2.0

Created by Galactus, 3 y 3 mo 20 d ago.

Suggest new features or feature updates for the website.

Current Features list: SHDb v4.x

*Comments about character updates don't belong here and will be deleted.

Comments

Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 14 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Sticky Let's get some votes in for the downvote button. How do you think downvoting should be implemented?
There's two options;

Up: You can downvote any comment. Everyone can see who voted, up and down.

Down: Downvoting is only optionally available for forum topics, set by the topic starter (no special role needed). Comments on other pages can't be downvoted.

P.S. You can't downvote this comment in the feed, you can in the forum topic.
Last edited: 3 mo 14 d ago.
Tigerking2020
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
Whenever we create a battle or already have the ones we made, you can give your battle your own title.
show 1 reply
Galactus
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
That's going to be another thing to moderate.
xerodeep
Suggestions v2.0
43 months member
When adding History, Powers, and other information to a character profile, we have the ability to add character links using [c=###]character name[/c]. It would be great to be able to do the same for Teams, Universes, Locations, and Objects as well.
Tigerking2020
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
Suggesting movies to the database.
show 3 replies
Ezio
Ezio 7 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
Tigerking2020
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
I meant requesting to add it in the way like we do for characters, universes, items, etc.
Ezio
Ezio 7 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
Thats not possible . We use external API to add movies and information (Status, Runtime, Story, Image...) and the movie being requested must exist in that API to be able to add it.
MrJaeger07
Suggestions v2.0
27 months member
After a while and spinning it around my head, I finally came up with new ideas for the website:

1) When editing the powers of a character, instead of being able only three tiers, there can be four, in perspective it would be something like this:
-Grey: Low (already in)
-Blue: Normal (already in)
-Purple: High (already in)
-Golden (with a little star in corner): Prodigy. This new tier implies any character whose haxes/abilities are under it, then its their constant win-card

PS: This extra-tool should be useful to scale every character with more accuracy and hence to get precisier general numbers. Ikr this stuff could be a bit tedious to include but it'd still make many beings whose levels aren't powers-amount based, gain the scores they should regard to others similar beings who got way more abilities. Example: Odin (558M) and Mangog (4.9M) while basically both are close in actual power.

2) Personally, I'd remove the powers ''Super Speed, Super Strengh and Intelligence'' since this is already covered in the stat-bars. In its place I'd put ''Strengh-based powers, Speed-based powers and Imagination-based powers'' this would compensate beings that are more sheer-power based than amount of abilities

3) Improve the interface of the battle page and battle creation, adding options like the characters could be put in alphabetical/most-less used order, etc...
Last edited: 10 d ago.
show 2 replies
Galactus
Galactus 10 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
1. If two (roughly) equal characters are far apart in Class, it's because the Power Scores aren't set correctly. I'm working on tweaking the Scores to make them better. Please check the Update: Super Powers topic.

2. I'm keeping them. We, the frequent users, know how the website works, but the majority of the visitors don't. So; a random visitor goes to the Super Powers page and wants to know all characters with Super Strength... Every body calls it that, so they should be able to find it. And it doesn't give any extra Score.

3. The Search (select) is ordered based on different things. It should bring the most 'popular' / 'well-known' character on top. It's not always perfect and could be improved upon.
MrJaeger07
Suggestions v2.0
27 months member
@Galactus Oh I didn't take into account the random visitor scenario, I was only thinking on a better tiering system for characters' powers but you're right indeed, there's so many characters with super strengh who will surely be searched by many users, same goes to super speed and intelligence too... And also I didn't know it doesn't give any extra score. Besides that I'll keep trying to bring each time better ideas to make this site increasingly better in every possible aspect, thanks for hearing out my suggestions :)
2099 21 d
Suggestions v2.0
22 months member
I suggest you to add more Physical related powers in the list or increase SPS for current ones: "Super strength", "Large size", "Berserk mode", ''Durability'', ''Endurance'' "Godly physiology"... For example, It's unfair that MCU Hulk and Thanos have lower stats than street level wizards who have no chance against them. I know that the class number does not directly determine which character is stronger, but it's weird to see Scarlet witch having 15x higher class than Thor/Superman and 50x higher than Thanos. (live action)
Briefly, something should change in order to establish balance between physically strong and mage user characters.
Last edited: 21 d ago.
Tigerking2020
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
Sorting by Class score under collections, that way it be helpful to know the ordering of where characters are in terms of power.
Ezio
Ezio 26 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
I have two ideas that are just for more fun.
1-Add a new feature to each person's home page where each user can choose 5 of their favorite items and those items will be displayed as small vectors. I don't think it is necessary to make more than 100 vectors.
2. OCs also be shown as a separate list on the page of each superpower.
show 4 replies
Galactus
Galactus 25 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
What do you mean by vector?
Also, the items to choose from, are they items from the database?
Ezio
Ezio 25 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
*vector like badges you made
** I think about some more favorite pulishers, items, teams.
Galactus
Galactus 25 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
A 100 badges! 😓
How about just picking 5 items from the database that show up as a Card.
Ezio
Ezio 25 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
You can do that too. I ask this because lots of users say in their "about" I'm fan of this verse or that publisher.
LadyGaladriel1212
Suggestions v2.0
15 months member
There should a top comment section for every user
Last edited: 6 d ago.
2099 28 d
Suggestions v2.0
22 months member
It would be nice if we could create and vote for more than 2 teams in battles.
show 1 reply
Mandos9452
Suggestions v2.0
15 months member
agree
Tigerking2020
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
Creating universe vs universe battles. Ex: Marvel vs DC.
show 1 reply
Ezio
Ezio 28 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
I think we've talked about this before.
MS643262
MS643262 28 d
Suggestions v2.0
52 months member
A page on a character's edit screen (or somewhere else) where after someone edits a character, it shows what exactly has been changed (additions, removals in stats, powers, bio, etc.)
Tigerking2020
Tigerking2020 1 mo 1 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
Whenever we are adding stats, we should label ones that are universe-exclusive.
show 1 reply
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 1 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
I thought about that too this morning. But eventually this will lead to more duplicate powers. Two Universe specific powers could do the same thing, with a different name. The goal should be to make a universal list op Powers.
Last edited: 1 mo 1 d ago.
Ezio
Ezio 1 mo 1 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
Is that possible to use just name for tiers and get rid of numbering?
show 3 replies
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 1 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
What do you mean? Like Tier 'Island / Mountain' instead of 2? How am I going to show that in the stats?
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 1 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Or did you mean to remove the Tier Stat Bar all together?
Ezio
Ezio 1 mo 1 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
I'm thinking about removing the Tier Stat Bar and add it separately.
LadyGaladriel1212
Suggestions v2.0
15 months member
There should be a way to check everyone's battle variations
show 3 replies
LadyGaladriel1212
Suggestions v2.0
15 months member
@Ezio what do you think about this?
Ezio
Ezio 1 mo 11 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
I asked to be added a list for battle variations for each user long time ago.
LadyGaladriel1212
Suggestions v2.0
15 months member
@Galactus what do you think about this? I totally think adding a list for battle variations would be cool
MarvelBoy107
MarvelBoy107 1 mo 14 d
Suggestions v2.0
20 months member
@Galadriel1212 said this; "is there a way to check all superpowers without descriptions? I think that they all should have a description because I don't like using google just to find out the power because it is very unreliable." I agree, and I think it would be a good idea.
remy94
remy94 1 mo 23 d
Suggestions v2.0
73 months member
We need a battle of the month or week premonition feature, that will feature a new battle periodically. If added to the homepage this would probably prompt people to join and keep users entertained, (I know I'd check in every week to vote) It would also help lesser known battles to get more votes. @Galactus
Last edited: 1 mo 23 d ago.
show 6 replies
Jakcj
Jakcj 1 mo 18 d
Suggestions v2.0
56 months member
How about this @Remy94

We should have a battle of the day so that way each visitor that comes to the site will understand each hero as they pass by on what date periodically they came. I think a battle of the month might be tedious for newcomers but I think a battle of the day is a lot better.
remy94
remy94 1 mo 18 d
Suggestions v2.0
73 months member
@Jakcj you make a good point, I would only suggest having a monthly or weekly battle because the longer it's displayed the more votes it will get. If it's only for a day some users might miss the opportunity to vote.
Jakcj
Jakcj 1 mo 17 d
Suggestions v2.0
56 months member
@Remy94 It's not that serious even if they miss the vote. What we need to do is promote visitors to make new accounts and that's what I mean by battle of the day.
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Good idea. What should the criteria be for becoming a Battles of the week/month? Vote count, faves, upvotes, amount of comments... or a mix of those?
MarvelBoy107
MarvelBoy107 1 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
20 months member
Thats actually a really good idea, I think a weekly or monthly battle would be better. @Galactus i think it should be a mix, also if you add that i think it would look best featured above or under the popular characters on the home page.
remy94
remy94 1 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
73 months member
@Galactus I think it should be random-gen battles. If we do only the battles with the most votes and activity then that won't help lesser battles get votes. Although I think it should only be battles with characters that have all their stats and portraits.
ultron
ultron 1 mo 24 d
Suggestions v2.0
52 months member
Maybe add a game rating feature just like the movie rating but with different categories like
Story
Graphics
Replayability
Characters
Emotions
Ending
show 1 reply
MoNsTeR
MoNsTeR 1 mo 14 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
3.3M
Good idea
ultron
ultron 1 mo 24 d
Suggestions v2.0
52 months member
Add back the feature where u normal users can vote for characters to add and ad back the feature to uploud pictures for characters and upvote them
show 3 replies
Ezio
Ezio 1 mo 24 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
*Now that only those who have a role can vote, we have many duplicate and useless characters, There is nothing good in voting for everyone.
**If you mean the vote for the profile picture, that was a temporary and problematic method, Because a photo that is suitable for a profile is different from a normal photo and must be crop, In this way, duplicate photos will increase in the galleries, it is possible that many low-quality photos will be posted for profiles, and the number of trolls will increase. Only those who are sure they will get at least one vote looking for this option, like you and your brother.
ultron
ultron 1 mo 23 d
Suggestions v2.0
52 months member
@Ezio I'm extremely sorry for my problematic behavior and I totally understand why this would be a bad idea to add. Thanks for the advice!
Ezio
Ezio 1 mo 23 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
No need to apologize, I just said the reasons why your suggestions are not good.
MaseTheFace
MaseTheFace 1 mo 30 d
Suggestions v2.0
17 months member
block people from @ you
show 1 reply
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 28 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Friend / Block is on the to-do list. Actually already put some work into this.
Alien_X
Alien_X 2 mo 2 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
Should anime movies be included in the movie ratings feature?
show 2 replies
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 28 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Isn't that going to be too long of a list? At least it should be animated movies then, right?
Alien_X
Alien_X 1 mo 28 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
Ok yes
Alien_X
Alien_X 2 mo 2 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
A "random battle" function for specific characters? Not very important, it just seems neat.
MS643262
MS643262 2 mo 2 d
Suggestions v2.0
52 months member
I suggest (and I think this was planned?) that characters have a tab on who they canonically beat and got beaten by (ex. [Character: Goro] Won "Great Kung Lao" and "Kenshi" | Lost "Kung Lao" and "Liu Kang")
If a certain character (Goro in this case) beats someone (preferably someone with a higher class), a fraction of the person who they beat's power goes to them (maybe 1% or 5% of (Kenshi's) power gets transferred to Goro (Kenshi doesn't lose any points). This could maybe incorporate team victories or defeats, where if a character canonically beat two characters at once, they get 1% from each character, and if the two characters beat that one character, they gain 1/2% from the character.
This does not drain from someone else, only additions.
Thought this would be a great feature for the site.
show 2 replies
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 30 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
What if it's 4 vs 1, and the team of 4 wins? Do they all get 0.25%?
What if, after receiving victory 'points' a few times, the character gets edited. What happens to those points?
What if, after some time, the character isn't winning a specific battle anymore. What happens?
When is a Battle considered won / lost?

I feel this feature will overcomplicate things.
MS643262
MS643262 1 mo 25 d
Suggestions v2.0
52 months member
I would suggest this
1) I would prefer teams of up to 2
2) The points auto update after someone's stats get edited
3) You can edit it so that when they no longer are able to win the battle, the extra points won't add
4) It wouldn't count
Zerothemimikyu
Zerothemimikyu 2 mo 6 d
Suggestions v2.0
9 months member
Something like movie ratings, But for Video Games.
Last edited: 2 mo 6 d ago.
show 1 reply
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 28 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
That's on my list (might be missing on the To-Do page), but it's in my head at least. ;)
Already looking into sources for this.
ultron
ultron 2 mo 8 d
Suggestions v2.0
52 months member
I think it would be cool to have a new stats category: striking strength
The reason I think it should be added is because they're are alot of character's that have a very high striking strength but don't have a lot of strength in terms of lifting strength.

0-5 = weak can give a concussion to small animals such as rats

10 = average can seriously hurt and give a concession to other average human beings

15 = expert can break stacks of wood with bare hands

20 = can break cement with bare hands

25 = can knockout big animals such as lions, tigers

30 = can break multiple stacks of cement

35 = can break a thick concrete wall

40 = can destroy heavy armed military tanks

45 = can knockout superhumans

50 = can destroy a mountain

55 = can destroy a city with one punch

60 = can destroy a country

70 = can destroy a continent

80 = can destroy a planet

90 = can destroy a universe

100 = incalculable
show 4 replies
Tigerking2020
Tigerking2020 2 mo 8 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
We already have strength and this can apply to it.
MS643262
MS643262 2 mo 5 d
Suggestions v2.0
52 months member
I kinda agree with this, except maybe this fits into the category of tiers.
Galactus
Galactus 1 mo 28 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Is this actually Ultron speaking? Wow, you've come a long way man! Absolutely great!

I'm open to changes in the stat system we have now. It's not perfect. Some of the stats are up for debate what they actually mean. But so are some of your suggestions; Breaking cement is lower than knocking out a Lion. Is cement used on its own? It's an ingredient of concrete. 'Destroy a mountain', what kind of mountain?
Those questions and irregularities are there with the current system, but if we're going to change it, it should be at least more clear.
ultron
ultron 1 mo 24 d
Suggestions v2.0
52 months member
@Galactus yes it is indeed Me thank you so much! It honestly was just a silly idea I had for a while now and one day I was like hey! Why wouldn't I just share this idea in the suggestions tab so other people can see it too? I do also agree that the tier types are kinda wack as I didn't really do any research. But hey u have to start somewhere. I might come back edit the suggestion with some more realistic stuff but I'm honestly to tired to research right now.
MS643262
MS643262 2 mo 14 d
Suggestions v2.0
52 months member
Adding quotes to characters
Jongensoden
Jongensoden 2 mo 14 d
Suggestions v2.0
61 months member
Notification filter
show 1 reply
Galactus
Galactus 2 mo 12 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Can you give me some examples?
MS643262
MS643262 2 mo 15 d
Suggestions v2.0
52 months member
Could there be potentially more specific tier levels? To clarify, tier 1 could be split up to 1A, 1B, 1C (Peakhuman, Superhuman, Building level) as an example. Or tier 4 being split up to Moon Level, Planet Level, Sun Level. Idk something random I thought up
And they could not work as separate tiers (because there would be 20 unnecessary tier levels), and instead those split ups could be decimals?
Last edited: 2 mo 15 d ago.
show 1 reply
ultron
ultron 1 mo 24 d
Suggestions v2.0
52 months member
I kinda like the idea but i feel like it isn't really a must. It seems kinda cool to add but then again I feel like the end project won't be worth the amount of work that would be put into coding this but cool suggestion none the less.
Tigerking2020
Tigerking2020 2 mo 15 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
Recommend adding a win to loss record for each profile and a leaderboard for all of them as well.
MS643262
MS643262 2 mo 15 d
Suggestions v2.0
52 months member
I suggest removing Space Manipulation since we already have Spatial Manipulation.
Ezio
Ezio 2 mo 17 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
Add limitation for number of request, so some users like MS643262 cant do 140 request in one time.
show 5 replies
Galactus
Galactus 2 mo 17 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
I don't see a problem with requesting a lot of characters. If you find a 'new' Universe for instance, you want to add all those characters.
I've checked MS643262 requests and they (almost) all have a Publisher and Universe added. So it wasn't just a quick add.

If the majority of his (or other users') request shouldn't have been added (either because they are duplicates, re-requests or don't belong in the SHDb), I will make a limit.
Ezio
Ezio 2 mo 17 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
I asked this because when the list gets long the desire to vote decreases. For example, I myself check most of the items that have one or two votes.
In this way, I think the list will pass 500 by next week.
Ezio
Ezio 2 mo 17 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
I hope he checked all these 140 item before requesting but I deleted all his location requests because of duplication last week.
ubslucky
ubslucky 2 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
24 months member
I checked all requested Final Fantasy characters. they don't seem to be duplicates. The only ones I downvoted are: Ultimecia (a not really needed version imo) and The Warring Triad (a team not a single character). The character Galuf is requested twice atm. In the process I noticed that sometimes an 'exact' search would be helpful.
MS643262
MS643262 2 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
52 months member
@Ezio I have checked all the items in the search bar before requesting. For the Final Fantasy characters, I went to their respective universes and added what wasn't already there, especially for Final Fantasy 5 (didn't have anything). I'll stop the requests for now since it's way too much.
MS643262
MS643262 2 mo 19 d
Suggestions v2.0
52 months member
Can "Madness Manipulation" add points and be useful instead of a clone for "Super Strength," "Super Speed," etc
Last edited: 2 mo 15 d ago.
Ezio
Ezio 2 mo 20 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
Add "artist" for "My Contributions" and add filters: character, object, universe, location, artist
show option for unedited items would be good too.
Tigerking2020
Tigerking2020 2 mo 21 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
Thought of a quicker and easier way to do Ustats. I was thinking that while doing ustats you can copy and paste the current stats onto your ustats and then add or remove any powers necessary.
show 4 replies
Ezio
Ezio 2 mo 21 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
That's lazy. It is YOUR stats and it should be base on your thoughts without looking at stats or others ustats.
Tigerking2020
Tigerking2020 2 mo 21 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
It's not lazy. I can at least make it different from the actual ones and see if there are any powers missing or needed to be added. It's even more relevant now to have this feature because the data loss affected my Ustats and I would have to go through the same amount of time it took me to add them in again.
Ezio
Ezio 2 mo 21 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
That's lazy and also wrong. Why do you want to make it different? at least doesn't work for you. The ustats you added are because I forced you to add to edit characters, so if your ustat is wrong, then Stat is definitely wrong as well.
You don't have to worry about data loss so much. I'm sure by the end of the week most users will be doing their own re-edits.
Tigerking2020
Tigerking2020 2 mo 20 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
So @Galactus what do you think?
Galactus
Galactus 2 mo 21 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Over 400 images are smaller than the new size limit (320x320 pixels).
Over 200 are even smaller than 200x200 pixels.
Should they be deleted?
Ezio
Ezio 2 mo 23 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
Each character's hub sort from oldest to newest.
show 3 replies
Galactus
Galactus 2 mo 23 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Sure, I can add that. But it should be sorted by popularity as well, right?
Ezio
Ezio 2 mo 23 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
That would be good to add option for that, but I made this request because every time you enter a hub, it has a different order.
Galactus
Galactus 2 mo 23 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Now ordered Hubs by id, oldest to newest. This should show the most common/familiar ones first.
Ezio
Ezio 2 mo 23 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
Show favorite artist in users' Faves page.
show 4 replies
Galactus
Galactus 2 mo 23 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Done
xerodeep
xerodeep 2 mo 23 d
Suggestions v2.0
43 months member
@Galactus, this is great! Thank you! Not sure why I didn't think to ask this before but can we also get favorite Universes to show up on the users Faves page?
Galactus
Galactus 2 mo 22 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
@xerodeep Done
xerodeep
xerodeep 2 mo 22 d
Suggestions v2.0
43 months member
@Galactus, thank you so much!!!
vonKonigsberg
vonKonigsberg 2 mo 25 d
Suggestions v2.0
61 months member
Would it be possible to add 'Fusion' as a character type?
show 5 replies
Galactus
Galactus 2 mo 23 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
I've been working on the ability to add multiple Species to a character, making it a 'fusion' / 'Hybrid' character.
If that is not what you meant, please explain.
vonKonigsberg
vonKonigsberg 2 mo 23 d
Suggestions v2.0
61 months member
I was more referring to characters like Vegito/Gogeta, Omnimon and the Superman/Batman/GL fusion from World's finest. Character's that are mergers of 2 or more characters physically. This could also be a tag, now that I'm thinking about it if that would be less of a headache.
Galactus
Galactus 2 mo 23 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Character fusions should probably be a new character. Tags are more like attributes.
vonKonigsberg
vonKonigsberg 2 mo 23 d
Suggestions v2.0
61 months member
I was just thinking it would be nice to have a type to sort those fused characters. Like Vegito here would be a Saiyan/Fusion. And I know there's a power, but not all of the fused characters are made that way or there are characters that can fuse that they themselves aren't fused yet. Does that make sense?
Galactus
Galactus 2 mo 23 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
I've reread your question and thought about it. Fusion should indeed be a character type. I've added it as type.
Galactus
Galactus 2 mo 26 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
I'm putting my own suggestion here, so I won't forget;
Make updating profile pictures a separate edit option, so we won't have useless image changes. And make it locked by default.
Ezio
Ezio 2 mo 28 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
If in the movies section, the characters of the movie universe can be displayed and characters can selected and added by checking a box, the editing speed of the movie section will be greatly increased. something like this:
Alien_X
Alien_X 3 mo 1 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
Being able to undo a request vote. How come you can't do that but you can for battle votes?
show 2 replies
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 1 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
I'll think about it.
It can trigger an event, if it reaches enough voting points, that adds the item to the database. You can't undo your vote if that happens.

How often do you want to undo your vote? If it's very often, maybe think twice before voting?
Alien_X
Alien_X 3 mo 6 h 37 m
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
I mean, that part makes sense.
I just mean sometimes I mis-click and it's annoying. This isn't that important a suggestion, just wanted to put it out there.
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 3 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
People love those 'Classic' versions of (at least Marvel) characters. Should we make a new (made-up) Universe for those? Maybe Marvel-Classics?
show 3 replies
Ezio
Ezio 3 mo 3 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
If we separate their power too and don't count classic version powers for earth-616 version Which I think will have many opponents, specialty marvel fans!
xerodeep
xerodeep 3 mo 2 d
Suggestions v2.0
43 months member
Aren't the classic versions of characters ultimately just the exact same character as the main base canon character just earlier on in the base canon timeline? If so, why do we need them? Seems like just two of the same character just at a specific part of their history. I get different versions of the character on the same universe timeline when they are temporarily powered up (or down) but if it they are both just base power versions, why have them? Am I just missing something on the classic versions then? Just my thoughts, I guess, but would certainly be willing to hear any reasons they should exist separately. I don't actually mind if they exist, I just don't see why they do.
Alien_X
Alien_X 3 mo 6 h 29 m
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
I always thought they were similar to DC's Pre-Crisis versions. Differences are more noticeable in some than others. For example, Classic Doctor Strange was Eternity level and Classic Drax was just:

I don't see a need for the others (Hulk and Juggernaut) though.
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 4 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
I was thinking about making it mandatory to add an artist to uploaded (gallery) images. Give credit where credit's due.
Also to make the minimum size a bit higher, quality over quantity.
Any thoughts on this?
show 7 replies
Ezio
Ezio 3 mo 4 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
As the one who added the most images, I Always try to find the artist name, But sometime is not possible and some images doesn't have artist: image from movies, cartoons.
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 4 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
@Ezio I can limit it to the Comics category at least. For Movies / TV, Cartoons and Games make it mandatory to add a Universe? Making it (indirectly) connect to the publishers/creator.
Ezio
Ezio 3 mo 4 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
It is sometimes difficult specially for Interior pages. Why do you think I still haven't fixed all those Unconnected images? I know all those characters but I search them one by one in google.image to find their artists.
Most comic image have 3 artist: Penciler, Inker and Colourist.
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 4 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
@Ezio
This is a top 10 of the amount of unconnected images per user, with the date of the last uploaded one.

954 vcowles77 2021-09-30
314 blackestbrightestday 2021-04-10
166 Slash10 2021-08-02
113 TH0R 2021-10-18
105 MoNsTeR 2021-12-15
75 Ezio 2021-09-17
67 ET9 2021-12-17
56 RajinKabir 2021-09-26
50 GivejusticetoKnull 2022-03-09
46 Doomsday 2022-06-14

I wonder how this happens. Since you have to upload an image for an item, there's always at least one connection. So someone has to manually remove that connection.

How about just deleting all those unconnected images? I'll make it impossible to remove the 'last' connection for an image.
Ezio
Ezio 3 mo 4 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
I can say most of blackestbrightestday and my unconnected images are happened when a user removed lots of connection from superman gallery and I'm still trying to fix it. but I think some user use your server as personal upload center.
xerodeep
xerodeep 3 mo 4 d
Suggestions v2.0
43 months member
@Galactus, this is actually one of the reasons why I wanted a search function for gallery images by user and characters. Early on I added some images but if I found later that they were duplicates and I didn't see a way to delete it, I just assumed removing the character and/or artist at the time would take care of it. Only found out later it doesn't. Now that I have image delete rights, I wanted to go back and find my unconnected images and delete them. I also sometimes want to add more characters to an image that I couldn't identify originally or found out might have gotten wrong but searching in the characters or artist pages that were also connected to that image are sometimes so large they are hard to find. So I thought searching by user-myself and character or multiple characters would give me a smaller set of images to look through and find it. That was just my thought there.

As for requiring an artist, I agree with @Ezio. Sometimes the artist isn't properly credited on some great images we find. I try to put them on everything that I can identify one for though. Have even added them (and characters) to images that other users have uploaded if I could identify them and they were missing. But I still wouldn't suggest requiring it though.
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 3 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Thanks for your input. I won't make any connections mandatory.
Juggenaut
Juggenaut 3 mo 4 d
Suggestions v2.0
9 months member
Suggestion: what if it were possible to give a power statistic to objects as well?
Example:
The First Firmament vs. Captain America + Ultimate Nullifer.
465 B vs 204 + 200 B
https://www.superherodb.com/90-233121-12331/
Last edited: 3 mo 4 d ago.
show 2 replies
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 4 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Already on the to-do list.
Juggenaut
Juggenaut 3 mo 4 d
Suggestions v2.0
9 months member
Ah, ok :)
Tigerking2020
Tigerking2020 3 mo 5 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
Recommend adding dimensional tiering for the stats for each profile.
show 5 replies
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 4 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Please explain what that means and how it would work.
Aleazlllll
Aleazlllll 3 mo 4 d
Suggestions v2.0
11 months member
What does that means ?@Tigerking2020
Tigerking2020
Tigerking2020 3 mo 4 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
Like give a Tier to the character that explains how dimensional they are, for example: Mr Mxyzptlk is 5D and he would get points from the dimensional tiering like he does with the power tier. We can have the dimensional tiering set up like the current tiering system.
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 3 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
I understand.
How much do you think that should influence/add to the overall class of a character? Or should it only influence a specific stat? And how many dimensions are there in fiction?
Tigerking2020
Tigerking2020 3 mo 3 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
Infinite actually
Tyrannus
Tyrannus 3 mo 10 d
Suggestions v2.0
42 months member
This might be too hard or complex to implement but something I'd like to see when people vote on battles is how easy or hard they think the victor would win the battle. For example in a Captain America vs Galactus battle people would vote in favour of Galactus stomping where as is in Captain America vs Iron Man people who voted Stark would vote for the part that says he barely won or it was a close battle.
Basically when you vote for someone, you have a secondary vote button for how well they'd win.
show 6 replies
Taurus
Taurus 3 mo 10 d
Suggestions v2.0
28 months member
I like it; but isn't this what comments are for?
Tyrannus
Tyrannus 3 mo 7 d
Suggestions v2.0
42 months member
@Taurus That's true but not everyone says so. And also I'm seeing a lot of people say someone stomps on battles where at the very best they win with hard difficulty.
Juggenaut
Juggenaut 3 mo 4 d
Suggestions v2.0
9 months member
Good idea!
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 3 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
What would the scale look like? Easy - Moderate - Hard ? Or more options?
Taurus
Taurus 3 mo 18 h 10 m
Suggestions v2.0
28 months member
I say if someone is the outlier, they should have to explain with some sort of reasoning as to how their chosen team would win.
Tyrannus
Tyrannus 2 mo 25 d
Suggestions v2.0
42 months member
@Galactus Actually exactly that. So like after you vote for whoever, there's an optional secondary prompt that says easy, medium or hard in terms of how easily they'd win.
Its a bit of a long shot but the main reason why I asked this is because of the Superman vs Thor page. The fact that its so highly contested should show that it would be a hard battle for whoever wins but I've seen a few people say Superman/Thor stomps. I was wondering how many people actually think that way for either side.
@Taurus You mean in situations where you have that 1 guy who carries the team? If so then I've seen that a lot too.
Last edited: 2 mo 25 d ago.
xerodeep
xerodeep 3 mo 15 d
Suggestions v2.0
43 months member
@Galactus, another suggestion I have is a way to search your Gallery Images. Obviously, if you're just looking for a particular character or artist, you can just find them on their pages but I am thinking more along the lines of searching by user (uploaded by) to bring up all your own images for maintenance. I know there are images that I uploaded early on when I joined that I could clean up and add to more characters or even find that are not associated to any characters, objects, etc. that could be deleted and cleaned up as well. If I could find those, I could fix them up some and save some memory on the server too. Could that be added?
show 2 replies
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 3 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
I will look into searching for images.
Just added a User Gallery page (see updates).
xerodeep
xerodeep 3 mo 3 d
Suggestions v2.0
43 months member
@Galactus, an image search would be great but if it gets too messy, don't worry about it. The user gallery page you added will definitely help too. Thank you!
Last edited: 3 mo 3 d ago.
xerodeep
xerodeep 3 mo 15 d
Suggestions v2.0
43 months member
@Galactus, I know you're working on getting the sort features in our Battles pages to carry over past the first page which will certainly help if I am looking for a particular battle. However, when you've created enough battles that the number of pages you have to search is enormous, it's still difficult to find a specific battle. I know you can also just create the battle again as if it is new and it will pull it up but sometimes I can't remember every character I put in it, especially when you create a 16 vs 16 size battle. I was wondering if it would be possibly to create a Battle Search function where we could search with multiple selections like user (created by) and then maybe even multiple characters as well so that the search results would bring up all battles the user created with those one, two, or however many specific characters you search by that are involved in the battle on either team. Is that something that would be worth adding? Just a thought.
show 5 replies
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 3 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Although searching for two or three characters can still bring up thousands of battles I will look into it.
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 3 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Oh, and I have a solution for the paging + filter/sort issue. I will implement it a.s.a.p.

In return; could you double check before approving items on the request page? I've seen your name on multiple duplicates the last few days.
xerodeep
xerodeep 3 mo 3 d
Suggestions v2.0
43 months member
@Galactus, I usually do check to see it they already exist. The only ones I didn't recently was a set of requests for characters going into a universe the requester had just requested and gotten too so I just assumed they didn't exist since the universe was brand new (within a day for sure). Maybe I was wrong though. Also, on at least a few occasions, I have searched to see if they existed and didn't find them only to find it later after I had upvoted too. Maybe an occasional glitch there in those rare cases. I also noticed a few other times after I'd upvoted a character that I didn't find in my search for it but that existed under a different identity so I tried to start searching both superhero name and real name when possible too. Either way however, I'm sorry about that. I know that just creates extra work so I do try not to add duplicates and I've downvoted/removed many requests that I have found to already exist in the database too but I will still continue to try to keep getting better at catching those. Sorry again.
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 3 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
@xerodeep Not a big deal at all, just a small note.
xerodeep
xerodeep 3 mo 3 d
Suggestions v2.0
43 months member
@Galactus, still I'll do my best. It actually bothers me when I miss them too.

Also, forgot to mention/reply to your message above about looking into adding a search for battles by characters ("two or three"), it would be great to be able to search by as many as possible in a 16 v 16 battle. However, like I mentioned for the image search as well, if it just gets too messy, don't worry about it. It would be useful in some cases that I've come up with but I've survived without it thus far, so no big deal if it is more difficult than it's worth. Thank you!
ubslucky
ubslucky 3 mo 18 d
Suggestions v2.0
24 months member
I suggested this once and will recommend it again...remove stats altogether, sorry for these harsh words, but they have become total bullshit...
currently, it goes like this:
this wall knocked out Silver Surfer a Tier 6 being so this wall should be Tier 6 as well...
Last edited: 3 mo 18 d ago.
show 4 replies
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 17 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Not going to happen. The reason I started this website, almost 17 years ago, was to have a simple way to compare characters (by power) from all publishers. That didn't exist then, and it still doesn't exist other than SHDb.
Stats are what make up the Class (that thing to easily compare).

I'm open to suggestions on how to improve the stat/class system. Even if we have to do a complete overhaul (again).
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 17 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Guess Kool-Aid Man beats Silver Surfer...
Silver Surfer vs Kool-Aid Man
ubslucky
ubslucky 3 mo 17 d
Suggestions v2.0
24 months member
The only problem is that even the best system does not help if it gets ignored anyways. Not to mention that stats and especially superpowers are currently assigned randomly with the sole purpose of having a character reach a specific 'class' which matches the opinion of the editor.
Currently stats represent what class a character should have based on it's last editor's opinion, and have nothing to do with factual information.
A complete overhaul of the stat/class system, seems to be an almost impossible mammoth task, why I thought removing stats would be an easier solution.
Of course, having stats as a way to compare characters from various works of fiction is interesting, but only as long as these stats aren't just a representation of 'popularity' of characters.
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 17 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
I agree with you on almost everything you said. There will always be some interpretation of the facts.
The Class shouldn't even be looked at when editing stats. It's just a result of the stats/powers. Now that I think of it, maybe remove it from the edit page...

I see plenty people asking to edit (popular characters) because it has been a while (few months) since the last edit. How is that a good reason?
Some characters get edited multiple times a week. And still about 2/3 of the characters don't have any stat/power info.
Those are two things that should be improved at least. There's plenty more.

Removing the SHDb stats and just keeping the uStats is still on my mind. With some better filtering to ignore the excesses. This way we could potentially have more accurate stats. And the editing will be all about the information (bio, history, etc).

And I really need to improve the super power points system.
So much to do... :)
Tigerking2020
Tigerking2020 3 mo 22 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
Hi @Galactus I was wondering if you can add a sorting filter within collections, like sort characters in collections by Score Level, Tier Level, Alphabetical, etc.
show 1 reply
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 22 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
At this point, sorting on Class is a bit hard. I'm converting some 'real-time' things to having them stored in the db. After that is done, I can (more easily) sort by Class.
I still want to add a 'list'-option as well, like your faves or uStats are shown. With some extra info.
This all combines nicely in one update.
Doomsday
Doomsday 3 mo 23 d
Suggestions v2.0
5 months member
@Galactus. How can I make SHDB Appearance in black theme?
show 1 reply
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 23 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
There is no dark theme yet. I have been working on it and is partially in a decent state.
If I have something ok-ish, I'll add it as an 'experimental' option.
vonKonigsberg
vonKonigsberg 3 mo 24 d
Suggestions v2.0
61 months member
Is there any way we could connect locations to characters? In the same way items can be connected. Like Gotham to the Bat Family or the Baxter Building to the Fantastic Four.
show 2 replies
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 24 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
The database is designed for this. But I have not created the interface for this, yet.
vonKonigsberg
vonKonigsberg 3 mo 24 d
Suggestions v2.0
61 months member
Okay, cool. It was just something that occurred to me as I was looking through the League of Legends champs and the Planeswalkers from MtG as something that might be useful.
Doomsday
Doomsday 3 mo 26 d
Suggestions v2.0
5 months member
Why is there no high Outerversal in Tiers ?

show 2 replies
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 23 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Can someone with a bit more knowledge reply to this?
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 3 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Still no-one? A complete overhaul of the Tier system is an option too. Any ideas?
ultron
ultron 3 mo 29 d
Suggestions v2.0
52 months member
i think it would kinda be cool to be able to give places and weapons stats. and maybe even make battles between them; the powers and stats would be different like for the weapon its power, durability strength and speed also the powers would be different and for places, it would be: resources, net worth, population and durability like just imagine Stormbreaker and Mjolnir vs infinity gauntlet or Wakanda vs Asgard. Also when making a variation battle with a weapon the character would the weapon would get a higher stat in the battle. I think this could open a lot more fun possibilities and honestly, it could make the website feel more diverse.
show 3 replies
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 17 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Objects I get, but places?
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 3 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Still no reply?
ultron
ultron 2 mo 30 d
Suggestions v2.0
52 months member
Ow I'm so sorry I let u wait this long I guess places might be a little bit to goofy for this website so I agree. But maybe u could add vehicles? Like imagine the main dceu's batmobile vs the classic Nolan verse batmobile idk it's just an idea
Doomsday
Doomsday 3 mo 29 d
Suggestions v2.0
5 months member
It is useful for each character to add their own psychology, as well as hobbies, biography and goals. I am against, but you have the right to disagree.
show 3 replies
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 29 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
So, you think something is useful, but you are against it? 🤔
ultron
ultron 3 mo 29 d
Suggestions v2.0
52 months member
that honestly sounds very cool i feel like the website would than more feel like a database instead of just a figting wesbite
Doomsday
Doomsday 3 mo 29 d
Suggestions v2.0
5 months member
Lmao, I would like to say that I agree with this idea, but unlike others, they may not agree.
GhostSpider
GhostSpider 3 mo 30 d
Suggestions v2.0
16 months member
When will the movie beta be finished? It's like been years...
show 2 replies
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 30 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
1. It's been 10 months and 6 days, with updates since than.
2. This isn't a suggestion -> wrong topic
3. You haven't rated any movie yet, so what's the hurry?

I've set some deadlines in the past, but I hardly ever make them, so not going to do that again.
Last edited: 3 mo 30 d ago.
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 3 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Plenty of updates on the Movies feature, but you still haven't rated a single movie. Why?
Alien_X
Alien_X 3 mo 30 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
For editing character profiles, "Hybrid" as a type, and when you select it another slot pops up for you to choose another species.
show 2 replies
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 30 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
I was already working on letting you just pick two species, automatically making it a hybrid. I got stuck somewhere in the code, but that is what it eventually be like.
Alien_X
Alien_X 3 mo 30 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
Oh, great.
Ezio
Ezio 4 mo 1 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
Add universe to image "Add connection" search result. Every time I have to zoom in and scroll between 100 supermans to find the correct one.
show 1 reply
Galactus
Galactus 4 mo 23 h 47 m
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Updated the 'connection search' for images. It now shows Verse and Version for characters.
MoNsTeR
MoNsTeR 4 mo 3 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
3.3M
Anime Ratings
show 3 replies
Galactus
Galactus 4 mo 1 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Just anime? What about cartoons, tv-show, comics,... ?
MoNsTeR
MoNsTeR 4 mo 20 h 43 m
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
3.3M
sure why not 😅
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 30 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
If you get get me some good sources (with an API I can use), that would be great.
It's not my priority, so take your time.
Alien_X
Alien_X 4 mo 9 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
Be able to select which part of the uploaded picture is displayed as the profile picture (kind of like Discord). I keep needing to crop images in screenshots so the person isn't decapitated or something and that's pretty annoying sometimes.
Galactus
Galactus 4 mo 13 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Should everyone be able to see who up- and down votes comments?
Vote up for yes, down for no.
show 13 replies
Jakcj
Jakcj 4 mo 12 d
Suggestions v2.0
56 months member
Well if you want to start a conflict between users then go ahead @Galactus

If you see the person who down-votes the comments you know people already get offended about it. So up to you @Galactus it depends if you want to start a conflict.
Galactus
Galactus 4 mo 5 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
I wrote a whole comment on it and deleted it again, since there're too many ways to approach this.

It's either going to be no voting at all, or (just like Youtube) only upvoting. I don't like how Youtube works with the downvoting, but for comments I think it will work. You can upvote if you like the comment, or reply (and explain) if you don't.
Jakcj
Jakcj 4 mo 5 d
Suggestions v2.0
56 months member
@Galactus A good idea would be to just take the down-vote system out and only have the up-vote system if that's what you are saying.

I like that idea, I don't like the idea where users can see who down-voted the other users comment because then some fight will go on and I have to stop it. I mean I'm sure you don't like fights too. I'm Just trying to protect this website. I've been doing it for years.
Last edited: 4 mo 5 d ago.
Jakcj
Jakcj 4 mo 1 d
Suggestions v2.0
56 months member
@Galactus I wanted to ask, what makes you think that people seeing down-votes was a good suggestion in the 1st place? You do realize that if you add that, there will be repercussions for adding that suggestion.
Galactus
Galactus 4 mo 1 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
@Jakcj You're assuming I think it's a good suggestion. It was just A suggestion. There are pros and cons to either having an anonymous or open voting system. The question is; do we want the bullies (user downvoting for no reason, or targeting a specific user) to stay anonymous, or should we be able to call them out on their behaviour?
I think with an open voting system, there will be way less useless downvotes, thus making your suggested 'repercussions' less likely to happen.

So, yes, I did think about the pros and cons.
Jakcj
Jakcj 4 mo 17 h 1 m
Suggestions v2.0
56 months member
That's the problem I have with, it's not that they are so called bullies. I mean I don't care how many times I get down-voted but these users on this site care about it a lot. I got carried away sorry @Galactus. Yes now I see that you have clarified it now. I always tell users that they shouldn't be offended by being down-voted and all but I can't stop them. So that's why I wanted to stop you with everything I could do. Because people just get offended about it for some strange reason.
Last edited: 4 mo 17 h 43 s ago.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 4 mo 8 h 46 m
Suggestions v2.0
76 months member
@Jakcj: What about those of us who enjoy the conflict? Those of us who wake up everyday itching for someone to respond to our comment? Who intentionally say things to get a rise out of someone for our pure entertainment? What about us? Are you just going to turn a blind eye to us? What if we want to know who downvoted us, so that we can confront them about it? Make them accountable for their actions? You have to think about these things, man. It just isn't fair.
Jakcj
Jakcj 3 mo 30 d
Suggestions v2.0
56 months member
Once again, we shouldn't be caring about down-votes. It's more safe if we just remove the down-votes and only keep the up-votes. I know that everyone wants to know who uses the down-vote for abuse and all that but here's my question. WHY do you let it bother you so much? They are just points and nothing else and we shouldn't be crying about it if we get down-voted. Nobody on this site has said this except for me and @Ezio.

That's why I want to either get rid of down-votes or keep it anonymous. It's better this way, trust me!
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 30 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
@Jakcj In my first reply I said it was going to be either NO voting or ONLY UP-voting. It's probably going to be the latter.
Jakcj
Jakcj 3 mo 30 d
Suggestions v2.0
56 months member
@Galactus I know just like I said I got carried away from when I was talking to you. It's over now and I understand what you're trying to say.
Galactus
Galactus 3 mo 30 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
@Jakcj No problem. Sometimes we get worked up a bit, but you kept it civilised, so no harm done at all. Discussions are good.
Jakcj
Jakcj 3 mo 30 d
Suggestions v2.0
56 months member
@Galactus I will do anything I can to save Superhero Database. Literally I tagged my friends just to down-vote that comment because I thought you were going to do something bad. But yeah you are right, discussions are good and I'm glad I got to speak with you about it. Sometimes there's just misunderstanding and all that.
ultron
ultron 3 mo 29 d
Suggestions v2.0
52 months member
i feel like it would add alot of conflict lol
Jakcj
Jakcj 4 mo 22 d
Suggestions v2.0
56 months member
Make profile pic's GIF assessable?
show 1 reply
Galactus
Galactus 4 mo 2 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Not going to happen.
IamMoonKnight
IamMoonKnight 6 mo 3 d
Suggestions v2.0
60 months member
@Galactus I had a thought in my head, thinking about our dates we joined. I was thinking that each birthday a user has on this site would be noticed. So that way we could give them a happy birthday for staying on this site for the # of years they have. A suggestion I had
show 1 reply
LadyGaladriel1212
Suggestions v2.0
15 months member
Great idea, not sure why someone downvoted your comment but it would be cool if you got a message or something saying"wish this person a happy birthday" or something like that.
Shadow_Rider
Shadow_Rider 7 mo 10 d
Suggestions v2.0
20 months member
The ability to view 1v1 battles separately from group battles?
Allow users to name group battles?
Last edited: 7 mo 10 d ago.
show 2 replies
Galactus
Galactus 4 mo 27 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
It's been over two months, but I like your idea.
Shadow_Rider
Shadow_Rider 4 mo 27 d
Suggestions v2.0
20 months member
Thanks
ThorTheThunderer
Suggestions v2.0
12 months member
It will also be cool if u make the battles bigger. Now, there is only 16 characters in one team. You can make it something like 20 to make creating battles even more fun
show 1 reply
Galactus
Galactus 4 mo 27 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
It used to be 9, now it's 16. If I had made it 20, you probably would have wanted 28... In other words, people always want more.
Who is going to take the time to compare 20 vs 20 characters, they're already cutting corners on 16 -vs- 16.
SNK68
SNK68 7 mo 14 d
Suggestions v2.0
39 months member
Should have a better feature to give power ratings of a character other than one is more powerful than another because one's a Multiversal (tier 8) character and automatically stronger than a Universal (tier 6) character. For example, the original Superman DC comics character on here is a Universal character (we all know that) but we also all know that he can easily go toe to toe with tons of Multiversal characters on any given day. There's got to be a better way, isn't there?
show 6 replies
Galactus
Galactus 7 mo 13 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Please read this: https://www.superherodb.com/spider-man/10-133/#class-info (picked a random character, you can click on the Class number to bring up this info).
Last edited: 7 mo 13 d ago.
SNK68
SNK68 7 mo 13 d
Suggestions v2.0
39 months member
Ok done, what am I suppose to see that stands out?
Galactus
Galactus 7 mo 13 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
That a higher Class / Tier, etc. doesn't mean they always win.
SNK68
SNK68 7 mo 13 d
Suggestions v2.0
39 months member
I knew that, I read this info 2 + yrs ago. But why aren't your editors editing and giving the characters their proper tier levels then? Heck you boy Ezio even told me yesterday that they don't because there are some people who think a certain character is too high and other think it's low, so instead of giving the character it's true tier level, power ratings, they find a way to appease and please everyone by finding a way to compromise by manipulating the ratings. Heck I looked at all your editors, 3/4 of them have less editing than me and are between 15 and 23 yrs old and do not edit anything. You have a great website, heck you create codes and you're old enough to see that with a website with 900,000 pages of data but only 1000 and change users active in the last 2 months that something is wrong. Your editors are scared sh*tless to edit because if they don't get it right, then a certain someone doesn't thinks it's right, that they'll lose their editor positions that they are not using for none other more reasons then to say to their friends that they an editor on a website. check your editors activities yourself. I just want the characters to be given their true proper ratings based on facts and not for trying to please someone.
SNK68
SNK68 7 mo 13 d
Suggestions v2.0
39 months member
I have to leave to get my third covid19 booster shots but upon my return I'll more than happy to answer any all things and will address it properly.
Unicron
Unicron 6 mo 15 d
Suggestions v2.0
6 months member
I think sure
Ezio
Ezio 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
Show the universe of the characters in front of their names in the section Adding links to photos (Like the character selection part in 'create battle' page).
vcowles77
vcowles77 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
24 months member
Filter both universes and publishing companies.
Tigerking2020
Tigerking2020 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
Sorting characters by power level under collections, publishers, universes, etc.
show 1 reply
Galactus
Galactus 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Power / Class is now generated on the fly. I need to change that to easily sort by it. That will take some time.
Mr_Incognito
Mr_Incognito 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
35 months member
Battle Royale feature? Pleeeeease
show 2 replies
Galactus
Galactus 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
It's probably the nr1 feature on my list.
I tried to work it into the current system, but couldn't figure it out.
Realm Forger is more important right now.
Mr_Incognito
Mr_Incognito 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
35 months member
Appreciate the update!
MaseTheFace
MaseTheFace 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
17 months member
Comic ratings 🏃🏾‍♂️💨
show 7 replies
Galactus
Galactus 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
I need more details of what you want than just those two words.
Galactus
Galactus 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
And
MaseTheFace
MaseTheFace 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
17 months member
Like what you do with the movie ratings but with comics 🧍🏾
Galactus
Galactus 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
I knew what you meant actually, just wanted some time to come up with a good excuse. :)
I could use the Comic Vine API, but that's against their rules. Maybe I could look into the Marvel API and if DC has one, I could use that. In general, I need a source of comics data.
Last edited: 7 mo 16 d ago.
MaseTheFace
MaseTheFace 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
17 months member
Ohhh, ok 😗😎
Galactus
Galactus 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
And if you haven't seen it yet, and your over 16; go watch Eddie Murphy - Delirious (for the fart reference)
MaseTheFace
MaseTheFace 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
17 months member
I’m not 16…YET. But imma still watch it 😎😎 #baddie
Comment deleted.
show 1 reply
Galactus
Galactus 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
What if the first three people put those excessive stats in? That will become the baseline and all 'real' stats will be ignored.
I have the somewhere on my to-do list, to use a median instead of an average.
There are already some simple filters at place to exclude some uStats that won't be used in the calculation of the average. (they still show in the list, though)
God_of_Humanity
God_of_Humanity 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
16 months member
Can we get a page in menu for how to earn all achievements?
It would be easier for new users and probably for me.
show 4 replies
Ezio
Ezio 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
Then what's the point of calling them achievements?
God_of_Humanity
God_of_Humanity 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
16 months member
No i meant what i have to do to get them
Alien_X
Alien_X 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
I think he meant it's supposed to be something you find yourself.
Galactus
Galactus 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
What's the fun in just following some steps to get an Award?
Most of them have a clear hint. Put your Sherlock hat on and find out how to get them.
Ezio
Ezio 7 mo 19 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
For the objects page, add the same filter as in the object request section for their type.
Backpacker_Greg
Backpacker_Greg 7 mo 19 d
Suggestions v2.0
35 months member
I would like to be able to search the database for any/all characters that possess a combination of specific powers. Could someone create such a filter capability for us users?
Alien_X
Alien_X 7 mo 30 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
Contribution score for profiles edited?
show 5 replies
Ezio
Ezio 7 mo 30 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
Already counted
Alien_X
Alien_X 7 mo 29 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
What about a displayed number for profiles edited?
Ezio
Ezio 7 mo 19 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
This is complicated. Because adding only information and photos has a certain value, adding a stats has another value, and all of this only counts for the first person to do so.
Alien_X
Alien_X 7 mo 19 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
Oh, okay, I understand.
Galactus
Galactus 7 mo 16 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
@Ezio Actually, you get points for each unique item you edit, once. So, if you edit the same character multiple times, you get points just once. Multiple people can get points for the same item, but just once.
Alien_X
Alien_X 8 mo 14 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
Maybe on superpower pages, sort people with that power based on what level they have that power (like, have a purple/blue/grey icon or border on the profile). Idk, just seems like a good way to categorize.
While I'm on that topic, some powers don't have that level option (ex: Super strength is just automatically purple). Can that be edited? If, so, how?
masterking2
masterking2 9 mo 8 d
Suggestions v2.0
19 months member
Fairies as a race.
vonKonigsberg
vonKonigsberg 9 mo 11 d
Suggestions v2.0
61 months member
Could we have Angel added to the Species list?

And then for type could we get spirit/ghost/spectre (however you want to put it) and Werewolf/Lycanthrope added?

If not, that is perfectly fine.
show 8 replies
Galactus
Galactus 9 mo 11 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Isn't 'Angel' religion/race dependent, making it a Type, not a species?
I've added 'Spirit' and Werewolf as Types.
masterking2
masterking2 9 mo 11 d
Suggestions v2.0
19 months member
could nanite,holy and demonic be addons to species?
Galactus
Galactus 9 mo 11 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
@masterking2 Those sound more like Types. If they are 'conditions' they are most likely Types.
Holy = Spirit?
Nanite = Cyborg? (there's a difference, I know)
masterking2
masterking2 9 mo 11 d
Suggestions v2.0
19 months member
thats what i meant when i said addons holy=godlike no cosmic nanite=i think this ones easy.
Galactus
Galactus 9 mo 11 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
@masterking2 Not sure what you're trying to say. Missing some punctuation.
God / Eternal is already a 'Species'
Nanite is robotics. So 'Robot' (Species) will do for now. (Better than my previous suggestion)
vonKonigsberg
vonKonigsberg 9 mo 11 d
Suggestions v2.0
61 months member
I only added Angel because we have Demon and Demon physiology while Angel Physiology doesn't have its counterpart. I mainly ask because Magic the Gathering has Angels as a pretty significant multiversal species and they're pretty non-demoninational only drawing from classical depictions of winged humanoids. There are a few other categories that could work, but I thought it might be nice to add for records purposes because of groups like the DC Archangels. But if not, that is perfectly fine.
Last edited: 9 mo 11 d ago.
Galactus
Galactus 9 mo 11 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Those are Super Powers. Nothing to do with Species/Types. We can talk about what powers should be added, though. Just not to confuse the two.
vonKonigsberg
vonKonigsberg 9 mo 11 d
Suggestions v2.0
61 months member
Oh no, I understand. And I understand the hesitancy as well. Just wanted to throw out a couple of things I thought were missing.
RajinKabir
RajinKabir 9 mo 14 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
What if the "Items Added" page had a filter like the "Battles" page? So we can filter the items we added. And the filter option would obviously be.
1. Characters.
2. Objects.
3. Locations.
4. Universes.
5. Teams.
6. Powers.
7. Artists.
8. Publishers.
ubslucky
ubslucky 9 mo 17 d
Suggestions v2.0
24 months member
Maybe a site like this one https://www.superherodb.com/characters/class/ could be added but instead of character class have the list sorted by the most favorited characters.
Something like: 200+ times favorited, 100-199 times, 50-99 times etc...
Last edited: 9 mo 17 d ago.
RajinKabir
RajinKabir 9 mo 18 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
1. I think Universes need to be upgraded. They should be available for editing. Currently they only look like fancy collections. Al they have are Discription/Inculdes Character section and comment section. It would be better if there was a history section also a image section. Though I think the image section should have certain restriction Like they should only have group images. Also we should be able add profile images to Universes.
show 2 replies
Galactus
Galactus 9 mo 18 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Agreed.
How about I just collect all images from everything that is within that universe? It will result in a massive collection of images for some universes, but for most it will be fine.
I'm just not sure what kind of image you can upload that shows the universe itself.
RajinKabir
RajinKabir 9 mo 17 d
Suggestions v2.0
29 months member
I didn't mean images taht showed entire universe. But images that include significant locations , objects , teams of that universe. Like asgard , knowhere , the Earth of that universe etc.
Also when I said group images I meant images like these.

Basically team images. No individual images. Unless the image hold item previously described in the comment.

Also it would be nice if "First Appearence" was showed in the Discrption/Characters page.
Ezio
Ezio 1 y 27 d
Suggestions v2.0
69 months member
3.2M
Could you upgrade artists page: add profile image for them, make them searchable, add favorite button.
show 1 reply
Galactus
Galactus 1 y 27 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Will do. Fave button is already there. Might not show up on your fave page yet.
Caleb_Rivas
Caleb_Rivas 1 y 2 mo 8 d
Suggestions v2.0
17 months member
Wooo eeeee I just thought of a brand new idea... Ok so you know how you like @ people but as you may know some people have extremely long usernames or hard to remember or write... For example ratniknasjevuru2005 or something... Supper annoying to type. So there should be a 4 digit code for all users example: #2719 #2618
It would just be a little easier :)
show 12 replies
Caleb_Rivas
Caleb_Rivas 1 y 2 mo 8 d
Suggestions v2.0
17 months member
Like in discord...
Galactus
Galactus 1 y 2 mo 5 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
There are more than 9999 users.
Caleb_Rivas
Caleb_Rivas 1 y 2 mo 5 d
Suggestions v2.0
17 months member
@Galactus you mean to tell me that there's no way for it to randomly give everyone four didget codes?
Galactus
Galactus 1 y 2 mo 4 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
There are only 9999 unique 4-digit codes. So, if there are 10,000 users, every code is used 10 times, thus becoming non-unique.
Caleb_Rivas
Caleb_Rivas 1 y 2 mo 4 d
Suggestions v2.0
17 months member
@Galactus #AG61 #GH91 ???
Galactus
Galactus 1 y 2 mo 4 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
Not sure what the letters stand for, but how's this for a solution;
You type (for instance) '@C' and it shows all users starting with C. You can continue typing to narrow it down. Then click/tab the user you want to @.
Caleb_Rivas
Caleb_Rivas 1 y 2 mo 4 d
Suggestions v2.0
17 months member
@Galactus the letters are for hundreds of new unique codes... And that is a good idea but what about non pc users
Galactus
Galactus 1 y 2 mo 4 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
The letter option is smart! 👍🏻 Can you give me some examples, or explain how it works exactly? If I understand correctly, with that system you would have a maximum of 66,924?

If I do the user suggestion option, I have to test it for mobile a bit better than how I normally test my new additions. ;)
Galactus
Galactus 1 y 2 mo 4 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
I've looked into your idea a bit more. I can turn the user id into a hex code (for example: D704) and use that. We will run out of 4-digit codes after id 65,535. Currently we are at 57K.
I can create a separate table to generate user codes only for activated members, which is roughly at 31K. So we're not even half-way in 16 years. Guess that will be enough. After that, it will generate a 5 digit code.
I'm sorta live-updating my comment as I research the best way to do this. I'm just going to make a 5 digit code. That will give me over 1 million user ids opposed to 65.5K with a 4-digit code. And I don't need to create a separate table for it, I can just generate the code off of the user id dynamically.

Another 'live' update. What's the use of a 5-digit code, if we can just use the user-id. It's 5 digits, it's unique. We're only at 57% of them. Why not use the user-id?

So. If we really want a 4-digit code, I need to build a new table with those codes. (Not a huge deal). Or just use the user-id we already have.

I would like to hear from other users what they think about this.
Caleb_Rivas
Caleb_Rivas 1 y 2 mo 3 d
Suggestions v2.0
17 months member
That's great, @Galactus I just think it will be easier for communication with other people. Also, I had another idea, I just don't know if to many people would abuse it. You should be able to mute someone from ping ing you. Like for example, I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble, but just as an example. Azzahra pings me like a hundred times on every battle she creates and it get annoying, idk just a thought
Galactus
Galactus 1 y 2 mo 3 d
Suggestions v2.0
8+ year member
1.2M
A Friend/Ignore function is already on the to-do list.
Caleb_Rivas
Caleb_Rivas 1 y 2 mo 3 d
Suggestions v2.0
17 months member
@Galactus ok thanks. Sometimes ill wake up.in the middle of the night and say to myself "the website should have this" lol