Warning!

Within the next few hours the website will be updated.

Original Characters / User Characters

Starter: Galactus

Category: Website

Report any bugs or suggestion about the new User Characters feature.

Link: https://www.superherodb.com/characters/original/

Replies

10+ years member.
**Upgrade**
Users can now add 5 more OCs. So the maximum is now 12.
Thank you so much
I have 7 oc's but when I try create more it says I've reached the maximum.
10+ years member.
It should work now.
10+ years member.
You can create new OCs again. Please read the terms before doing so!
10+ years member.
I've deleted 50 copyrighted/trademarked OCs.
I'm going to take away your ability to add OCs if you add a copyrighted character. If you're not sure if a character is copyrighted, try.a google search or ask another user.

If you want a certain copyrighted character in the database, you can suggest it here: https://www.superherodb.com/characters/add/
Hi I'm new on here but I'm just wondering if guys could upload the all new sentry seeming you've got the immortal hulk like just a thought if you could that be great here's the pic....https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rY2U6ogbBwg/W6uNBdeO-RI/AAAJA/ogqtUqwhgaUa0PEzo4R0ush8A7mONx6hACHMYCw/s1600/RCO021.jpg
How do you add original characters
2+ years member.
Click on your profile and then ''beta''
10+ years member.
Also, you can now add 2 more OCs.
2+ years member.
It's not working for me.
10+ years member.
Please try again.
The maximum OCs for a user is 7, for mod is 12.
2+ years member.
Okay, it works now.
10+ years member.
==ANNOUNCEMENT==
I've rewritten the terms and conditions for OCs. You have to agree to these terms to use your character in battles. It will also make the name of your character permanent.

Please go to your character edit page to read the terms. You have to agree the terms for each character.
10+ years member.
The 'big cleanup' just happened. Little summery on how many things got deleted:
160+ characters
5700+ power connections
4000+ battles
350+ team battles
650+ comments
125+ collection items
50+ image connections
10+ years member.
Oh, and a whole bunch of votes 😀
10+ years member.
An account needs to be at least 15 days old to be able to create OCs.
10+ years member.
I've deleted 24 OCs that were set for deletion.
The big cleanup will happen soon.
1+ years member.
@Galactus I deleted mine so I can make acutal OCs but it doesn't allow me. It says I've reached my limit when I have only 5 characters. Please can I make Ocs. I promise I wont copyright and also i want to edit Eternity.
You know you can just rename them right ?
1+ years member.
Yeh just realised. LMAO.
1+ years member.
How can I delete a photo of my OC? Or can you vote for my second pic to be Yao Xin. Go to his page and vote for the second one.
1+ years member.
NVM. I got it now
10+ years member.
I've deleted 34 OCs that were set for deletion.
1+ years member.
Would my character still get deleted if I had the check mark selected, but then unchecked?
10+ years member.
No. I delete them manually and I haven't had time to do so in a while.
10+ years member.
I just did a quick check; none of your OCs are set for deletion right now.
1+ years member.
Phew that's a relief, thanks
10+ years member.
I've enabled character renaming again. This is your last chance to rename your character. ALL copyrighted/trademarked characters will be deleted beginning of August. Enough time to rename your OC.
10+ years member.
Everything should be working again.
10+ years member.
I'm working on the OC admin pages. It's advised not to edit your characters at this point.... I f*cked up 😀
1+ years member.
Oh, ok, Galactus
2+ years member.
DELETE MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
10+ years member.
Deleted the following OCs: Captain Miller, Ares, Blaze, Dp's Test Character, Baseball Brutality, Kid Bat, Thanos, Thania, Alekos, Eylsia
2+ years member.
Baseball Brutality was dope though.
10+ years member.
I've deleted the following OCs: Dattebayo, Wizgiz, Kly’Rok Esgarrouth, RED X,, Void, William Wallace
galactus i know some copryghted ocs ultron made them morro from lego ninjago garmadon from lego ninjago idk if dylan haegens consider as copyright he is a youtuber an theres is pilgor copyright from goat simulator
1+ years member.
Well, um, my OC Oscar I, was supposed to have the name Oscar Odinson, but his my phone lagged when I was putting in his name. Is it possible to fix this without deleting him?
10+ years member.
I fixed his name.
1+ years member.
I have two OCs that I set on "delete status" today. Is there any chance you'll delete them soon @Galactus?
10+ years member.
I'll go through them again tonight.
1+ years member.
Will you go through them soon? @Galactus
How do I create more characters
10+ years member.
You already have too many due to an old bug. And (almost) none of your characters are original.
10+ years member.
I've deleted all OCs that had the 'delete' status.
1+ years member.
Oh, sorry, but my OC Dattebayo had the delete status and he didn't get deleted
10+ years member.
You must have put the delete status after my comment. I have to delete them manually.
1+ years member.
I just re-did it, but a few weeks ago I put him and my other OC's status to delete, one was deleted but Dattebayo wasn't. That kinda sucks that you have to do it all by yourself, maybe you should ask the mods to help you.
1+ years member.
@Swarm, Who's you OC? Never saw it.
1+ years member.
😂 Hell no, been busy with work and whenever I'm on the site I'm usually debating, thanks for reminding me though haven't even thought about for a month, I need to get on that.
1+ years member.
@Galactus, sorry to bother you but could you get rid of the OC's I requested to delete?
1+ years member.
Hey @Galactus could you delete my OC Mystic Guard by chance please and thank you 😄😄😁🙂
10+ years member.
Please set it to request delete. I'll go through them tomorrow.
1+ years member.
Awesome thank you so much
1+ years member.
im going to make a police girl
10+ years member.
I've deleted all OCs that had the 'delete' status. Just so you know.
1+ years member.
Uh, I can only make 5 characters, however other users, who are not mods, can make more than that. Is this a bug, or intentional?
10+ years member.
There was a bug that let users create up to 20 characters. I fixed it. Five is max for users, a little more for mods and admin.
2+ years member.
It appears that when I wrote a thing for my character's "powers (text)" section, none of the markup or list coding stuff worked and now it just looks like I put random letters and words in brackets around things.
10+ years member.
It works for me. I put in the following test text:
[h]Early Years[/h]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, [b]consectetur adipiscing[/b] elit. Vivamus a dui lobortis, tincidunt tellus eu, fermentum nisl.
[h]The Change[/h]
[list]
[*]Lorem
[*]Ipsum
[/list]
2+ years member.
It shows up when you are in the editor, but not when you look at it in the database.
10+ years member.
Thanks! I completely forgot about that! 😟
I fixed it.
1+ years member.
Galactus, can you make a list of the characters that have copyrighted names? I don't know if mine are copyrighted and I'm not that good at searching for them.
10+ years member.
(moved)
No, it's your own responsibility. There are over 350 OCs right now, I just don't have time to check them all. I will go through them quickly this weekend and rename any names I know are copyrighted.
1+ years member.
Okay, thank you.
10+ years member.
I've added a 'delete request' option for OCs.
1+ years member.
Sounds good. Maybe you should add more powers and abilities.
10+ years member.
Sorry, forgot to update the page. It's in the blue submenu of you OC in the edit pages.
1+ years member.
Do you think my OC's are copyrighted? I don't believe they are because I made them myself but you're pretty much smarter than me. (Not being sarcastic)
1+ years member.
How long does it take for an OC to be deleted?
10+ years member.
I'm going to separate the OCs from the other characters. Also I'm going to disable the ability to rename your character somewhere next week. If you still have a characters with a copyrighted name, I will delete it.
10+ years member.
Better yet, I'm not deleting them, I'm going to give them ridiculous names. 😀
2+ years member.
Dope, but one problem I have, there is a character on this site, called Boom-Boom, who has a duplicate called Meltdown, which is the name of my character, which I am going to get copyrighted (So don't worry about Marvel sueing) can you delete the duplicate Meltdown as she's already on this Website as Boom-Boom?
1+ years member.
I can breathe again
1+ years member.
Can you tell us which ones are copyrighted?
1+ years member.
Do you think my OC's are copyright?
1+ years member.
@Galactus, all those users characters already exist
https://www.superherodb.com/justice923/1000-37596/
https://www.superherodb.com/10earthquakes/1000-36909/
1+ years member.
Has anyone got a good place to create images for your character?
1+ years member.
Photo Editor on Android is pretty good
https://www.superherodb.com/the-golden-nemean-kluh/10-12910/
1+ years member.
I'm new to using the site, and I've found having the OC's mixed in with the database a bit confusing, I think it would be best to have some kind of distinction when browsing to distinguish real characters from user created ones
1+ years member.
Especially with the amount of characters being created that are not actually original, despite the warmimg
1+ years member.
Yeah, I agree with you !
1+ years member.
I really like the idea of Original Characters but I would like to choose between OC & Real Superhero in the characters list.
1+ years member.
Definately agree with this!
10+ years member.
You can now set a portrait image in the 'edit character' page.
1+ years member.
I really like Newspaper Man.
1+ years member.
Is there a way I can change my oriental characters picture if it already has one without a mod doing it
10+ years member.
I will fix that this weekend. There will be an easier way to add a profile image.
1+ years member.
Thanks. Master😀
10+ years member.
I can remove one if you want. Let me know which character.
1+ years member.
I just need to change the pic for sticky man
1+ years member.
I just need to change the pic for sticky man
1+ years member.
@Galactus my OC Creature it didnt save his powers, name, or anything I put is there anyway to fix that
10+ years member.
Your character 'Creature' only has a name and stats put in. No other info. It was easier for me not to copy all the selected powers, you have to check them again. It's a one time thing.
2+ years member.
Yeah, it isn't to hard to do in and fix them.
1+ years member.
please activat jongensoden i agaion i promise i just wan to talk with my friends no spam anymore
10+ years member.
This is the wrong place to ask, and you just asked the same question a few minutes ago. This is considered spam.
1+ years member.
Can we set our character in an existing franchise? Like, say a character from Naruto, with a different name.
1+ years member.
and also my own created charachters all powers are removed and stat is ita bug
10+ years member.
Read my 'Big Update' post below.
10+ years member.
== IMPORTANT ==
When creating a 'Original Character' you approve that it's your own creation. You cannot use copyrighted/trademarked names. Please rename those characters.
1+ years member.
Which characters need to be updated?
1+ years member.
Well Cypher is taken, Cipher is taken. Any ideas?
1+ years member.
Ciborg? Chip? Insanoborg?
Sypher could also work I think...
1+ years member.
I mean what counts? Do I need to change von doom to something else?
1+ years member.
Sypheroth
Swap two letters should be fine.
10+ years member.
I'm not going to research all characters, it's up to you to not use copyrighted material. That's what the disclaimer was for.
Just don't use any of the very well known names, like; Thor, Superman, Spider-Man, etc.
1+ years member.
galactus i swear im gonna behave myself ultron also
10+ years member.
We're not all super creative, so if you find a website or tool to create a nice portrait of your own character, let us know.
2+ years member.
Or I could draw a bunch of characters for other people.
1+ years member.
I would have offered my help to but I'm no match to thenemianlion 😅
2+ years member.
All help is good help, I'm a slow worker. XD
10+ years member.
== BIG UPDATE ==
All your Original Characters have been added to the live database! 😱
There's just one thing you need to redo; check all your characters' superpowers again. It was just a hundred times easier for me to do it this way.
You can add a profile image through the gallery of you character, the same way as for all other characters. You'll be the only one to upload images for your own characters.
Let me know if you find any bugs or problems. Love to see all your creations.
P.S. You will be able to add more than 3 characters soon.
1+ years member.
So I'm assuming it's too late for any other OC characters. Unless there is a round 2...
1+ years member.
Because I have an OC but I'm guessing it's too late.
10+ years member.
Not sure what you mean. If you want to create another OC you're in luck; I've upped the max to 5 for users and 8 for mods. You could also just rename one of your OCs.
2+ years member.
When will we be able to make more than 3?
1+ years member.
When are they being added?
2+ years member.
Yeah, still waiting on this.
1+ years member.
Is there any estimate time when our OC's will be added to the database?
10+ years member.
Probably this weekend.
I was checking your character Cypher. The idea of the Power (text) field is that you explain a little how his powers work. There is no need to sum up all his powers again. Not a big deal, but it feels like double work, since you already checked all powers. If you know what I mean.
1+ years member.
Okay thanks I was a bit confused with that
1+ years member.
Sorry Galactus but I think reptiles are a class or sub-class.
10+ years member.
You're right...
1+ years member.
Galactus, do you have any OCs?
10+ years member.
For testing I created 'King Code', a hacker from the future.
1+ years member.
I already have a great battle idea with him
1+ years member.
Also "dinosaur" is not a species.
It is a sub-order.
1+ years member.
can you add dinosaur as specie
10+ years member.
You can choose 'Animal' for the time being.
1+ years member.
Can you make it so that we can type our own species, because some of my characters species are different than the ones on the list.
10+ years member.
Not yet. I want to split the species list in two; species and type. So you can have for instance; Human as species and Clone as type.
1+ years member.
Will they be connected to the site automatically? Or will we be able to decide when to connect them once youake that option?
1+ years member.
That's a good point cause if your not done working on a character and it gets added and people are like what's with this guy he's 6 foot but no weight, like what?
10+ years member.
Good point. OC's need a 'draft' option.
2+ years member.
Yeah, otherwise you get terribly written overpowered characters, I think moderators should be in charge of that.
1+ years member.
When are the OC's gonna get added to the full site?
10+ years member.
Only a few people added the 'text' fields of their characters (history, weapons, etc.). I want to have that tested a bit more. The more people will add that, the sooner I will add them to the database.
1+ years member.
when can we add or own charachter to teams
1+ years member.
@Jongesoden you can already do that, it's on your characters main screen.
10+ years member.
Don't ask a new question as a reply,.... it's confusing.
1+ years member.
oh yeah and galactus sorry
10+ years member.
Tip: If you plan to type a lot of text, do that in a text editor first, then copy it to the website. If for some reason you lose connection or get a bug, you won't lose all your text.
10+ years member.
You can now add Powerinfo, Equipment, Weapons and History to your character! You can add some markup in these pages. If anything isn't clear, please let me know.
1+ years member.
can you do something that we can add weapons of the website or charachters
1+ years member.
to or own charrachters
1+ years member.
How long does it take for your OC to be added? :-)
10+ years member.
It's in a test phase right now. Still have to add: History, Power info, Equipement and Weapons. After that has been tested enough, all characters will be copied to the 'live' database.
1+ years member.
i made character with oveeral power level 2416
2+ years member.
Don't make overpowered characters, they suck, don't make a character strong just so they can beat everyone else, also, I think that OC characters shouldn't go above 60, so there is no bullshit overpowered crap.
2+ years member.
Well, @TheNemianLion, if you're making a cosmic entity or something like that, they would have to be OP. Like, one of my characters is basically the Satan of my comic universe. She kinda has to be overwhelmingly powerful.
2+ years member.
Yes, but not overpowered, a god tier being makes sense to be extremely powerful, but when you have guys that are on god tier level for no reason, that's were the line's drawn, for example, my Cosmic entity, Cosmosus, can manipulate time and space as well as go massively faster than light and has massive destructive power, but even still he has clear limitations.
10+ years member.
You can now see your characters Class on the 'edit powers' page.
10+ years member.
Another small update: You can now add Relatives, Occupations and Base of Operation to your character. Next up: Class!
After that: History, Power info, Equipement and Weapons.
10+ years member.
... and added Teams.
10+ years member.
Small update: You can set the strength of your character in kg up to 500000 (500 tons). I will add the Class score tomorrow.
1+ years member.
And is there a limit to how many UCs each of us can have?
2+ years member.
I think we'll be able to add more and more through time.
10+ years member.
I set it to three for now, while I'm still testing things. It will be more when it's all finished.
1+ years member.
@Galactus when tests are done you should have the OVs/UCs in their on tab instead of just the normal "characters" tab
10+ years member.
The User Characters will get their own page.
2+ years member.
Will we be able to match out characters against characters such as DC or Marvel?
10+ years member.
Yes, they will be added to the same database as all other characters. So you can create (team)battles, add images, comments, etc.
10+ years member.
You can now add stats and superpowers. The 'edit powers' button doesn't save your edits. Please hit the 'update' button first. Please report any bugs.
2+ years member.
Awesome! Can't wait till rankings are introduced, and we can add images.
10+ years member.
The first part of the UC feature is ready for you to test. While in test, all data will be saved in a separate database from all other characters. This means you can't find your characters on the website yet.
Go to your profile page and click the 'pen'-tool to go to the UC / Admin page. Please report any bugs you find.
When enough tests have been done, you'll be able to add you characters to the live database. Keep in mind that data might get lost when still in test.
1+ years member.
Great thanks. But there is no adding superpowers option
10+ years member.
This is just the first part. I'm working on the rest right now. I put the first part online for users to test it.
2+ years member.
This is so cool thank you so much.
2+ years member.
It's really good, but a few of my characters have transformations that drastically change their appearance, maybe you could add a base form appearance section?
10+ years member.
@TheNemianLion That's missing for all characters in de database. It's on my list to be added.
2+ years member.
That would be incredibly cool, also, will their be a limit to transformations to a character? Also how will it work in a battle? Will there be like a left and right button that you can choose the transformation of the character before starting the fight? Instead of it automatically starting? I think that would be an interesting way of implementing that.
10+ years member.
I was thinking more in the line of, for example; Height as Bruce Banner and Height of the Hulk. And maybe one or two extra when enraged or something.
If a character can change form at will, there is no need to select one in the battles. However, I am going to create a 'battle variations' feature, where you can choose different variables, like; location, prep time, etc. Character form could be an option.
2+ years member.
Right, sounds cool, will the height be one on top of each other, next to each other? Or something completely different? Also will there be different images for different forms? Also, powers, will Bruce Banners stats and powers be different to the Hulk's? Also, I love the variation feature idea!
10+ years member.
I haven't thought about the specifics yet. More info on the Battle variations here: https://www.superherodb.com/forum/battle-types/100-2820/
2+ years member.
Sounds good! I wish you the best for implimenting all your ideas!
10+ years member.
Thanks! I have way too many ideas... not enough time.
2+ years member.
If there is anything I can do to help, hit me up. 😀

Active users (last 2 minutes)

2005- 2019 - Superhero Database | SuperheroMovies.net