2.) Of the estimated 10k DC "characters," how many are heroes and how many are villains?
3.) Is there a compilation of total ratings of Marvel heroes versus total ratings of DC heroes? (heroes only)
Additionally, if you can tell me the source of this information, that would be even better! (Or tell me where to go to find it... I've spent at least two hours searching!!) ">

Looking for statistics

Starter: ADMteacher

Hello! I am a 4th grade teacher and we have a hot debate going on in our class about Marvel vs. DC. I am looking for statistical data that my class can use. Specifically, I would like to know:
1.) Of the estimated 8k Marvel "characters," how many are heroes and how many are villains?
2.) Of the estimated 10k DC "characters," how many are heroes and how many are villains?
3.) Is there a compilation of total ratings of Marvel heroes versus total ratings of DC heroes? (heroes only)
Additionally, if you can tell me the source of this information, that would be even better! (Or tell me where to go to find it... I've spent at least two hours searching!!)

Replies

3+ years member.
First off, I've gotta say how awesome it would have been to have had a teacher like you in elementary school. So, I looked around a bit, but I was also unable to find any information on the numbers of heroes/villains. However, I think most people can agree that DC has more villains than Marvel, and it would also be safe to sat that DC has a higher percentage of villains over heroes and Marvel has a higher percentage of heroes over villains. If you wanted exact data that your class can review and practice a bit of math and statistical analysis with, I would suggest maybe using this to look at the demographics of gender in superheroes, sorry I couldn't be more helpful:
https://pudding.cool/2017/07/comics/

Active users (last 2 minutes)

2005- 2018 - Superhero Database | SuperheroMovies.net