DarkProdigy
Favourite Sport
3 year member
AFL baby
ThorMathews
Favourite Sport
1 year member
https://www.espn.com/espn/page2/sportSkills
ESPN ranked the hardest sports and gave each sport a rank in each category @Tyrannus
Last edited: 6 d ago.
show 3 replies
Tyrannus
Favourite Sport
1 year member
ESPN is an American company so its data is going to be skewed.
ThorMathews
Favourite Sport
1 year member
@Tyrannus maybe. But everything seems to still be pretty accurate.
Tyrannus
Favourite Sport
1 year member
If that data was done in the rest of the world it'd tell a very different story
Michealdem17
Favourite Sport
Cricket, soccer and baseball
Last edited: 5 d ago.
show 2 replies
Tyrannus
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Well that's an interesting combo. I'm assuming your from the US because you called football soccer but then you also said you liked cricket which I didn't think they had there.
Michealdem17
Favourite Sport
Yes , you are right but I also call it football
Last edited: 6 d ago.
MoNsTeR
Favourite Sport
soccer
ThorMathews
Favourite Sport
1 year member
@Galactus here's a meme for ya
show 23 replies
Tyrannus
Favourite Sport
1 year member
You should see Rugby players. They're tougher than all of them combined. You can't be a good rugby player if you can't take a beating.
Galactus
Favourite Sport
14 year member
I couldn’t care less about football (soccer, for US citizens)
ThorMathews
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Hockey players are pretty damn tough so no. I have a lot of respect for rugby players, but they're smaller and don't hit as hard as football players, but it's an endurance sport no timeouts so they can't be huge.
ThorMathews
Favourite Sport
1 year member
@Galactus I agree. I find it boring.
Tyrannus
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Hockey and American football players all wear armour and padding. Rugby players don't. You also have to be very physically big to even do well. Its definitely fun to play but you sometimes leave with cuts and bruises all the time. Breaking your nose is common
ThorMathews
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Padding can also make it worse. Try having your fingers smashed between two helmets. Until you play you don't understand. You're more prone to cuts and bruises in football because of pads and helmets smashing against your bare arms, legs and core. Pads also make it much hotter and harder to play. Football players and hockey players hit harder.
Tyrannus
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Your still far more cushioned when you have all that armour on. I've played rugby before and trust me, its tough. Football's not all that bad because apart from a few rough slide tackles your not going to get that hurt.
ThorMathews
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Slide tackles? I'm talking about American Football 🏈. Sprinting down the field at full speed into each other is gonna hurt a lot more than being in a scrum. Pads or no pads.
Tyrannus
Favourite Sport
1 year member
That's exactly what we used to do in rugby except we didn't have anything to soften to tackles.
ThorMathews
Favourite Sport
1 year member
@Tyranus I have a friend who's played both. He says contact and strength wise Football is harder. Endurance wise Rugby is harder
ThorMathews
Favourite Sport
1 year member
@Tyranus pads really aren't cushions. You've never worn football pads in your life, they're hard plastic.
Tyrannus
Favourite Sport
1 year member
It doesn't look like he played it for very long because in Rugby you have nothing to protect you. You just got to be tough.
Those pads are still far more protection than having nothing.
ThorMathews
Favourite Sport
1 year member
@Tyrannus he played for 3 years. We lead with our heads and shoulders a lot of the time. Using our helmets as weapons it hurts a lot more being speared where as in rugby they tend to properly tackle with their head to the side
Tyrannus
Favourite Sport
1 year member
They wouldn't have the helmets and padding if it caused its wearer more harm than good
ThorMathews
Favourite Sport
1 year member
@Tyrannus actually they would. Football players hit heads together on every play, rugby players don't, you play different in pads, you wouldn't understand because you haven't played both, I have
Tyrannus
Favourite Sport
1 year member
We get worse. As rugby players we're expected to literally get stepped on when tackling someone down in a move known as "cheek to cheek". Who said I haven't tried American football? I've spent a lot of time there so I've tried it a few times I just didn't like it and spent more time on rugby.
ThorMathews
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Getting stepped on isn't near as bad lol. Same thing happens to football players anyways. Football was created from rugby for something more interesting where you could actually pass the ball forward
Tyrannus
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Trust me its bad. We pretty much spend most our time trying to tackle each other down to the ground and after a while you leave with injuries. Usually nothing major because its all good fun. There's a reason why when someone mentions they play rugby, they suddenly get a bit of respect because you know they're tough. And they do all of that without any protection or gear.
ThorMathews
Favourite Sport
1 year member
I respect rugby but not because they don't wear pads, I also respect hockey and they do wear pads. Football only has helmets and shoulder pads, your arms, mid section, and most of your legs are still exposed. The shoulder pads and helmets are because we hit different then rugby.
Tyrannus
Favourite Sport
1 year member
I didn't say you don't respect rugby however the gear you wear does make a difference.
ThorMathews
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Football players and hockey players hit harder🤷🏼‍♀️. Going all out then stopping to allow yourself to regain energy is gonna allow you to hit harder. Football players are typically bigger and stronger.
ThorMathews
Favourite Sport
1 year member
@Tyrannus one isn't necessarily tougher than the other football players can transfer to play rugby and be successful and same the other way around
Tyrannus
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Who says they hit harder? That depends on the person except rugby players feel the full impact. Also rugby players are inherently tall big guys anyway so assuming that American footballers are somehow bigger is wrong.
ThorMathews
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Football 🏈
show 8 replies
Galactus
Favourite Sport
14 year member
That's hand-egg
ThorMathews
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Never heard that one before 😒. Fine. American Football. We do kick the ball sometimes 🤷🏼‍♀️
Tyrannus
Favourite Sport
1 year member
@ThorMathews Its just that the rest of the world calls it football and it makes far more sense that way.
Galactus
Favourite Sport
14 year member
Thought you were all into Memes so much. This one has been going around for ages. Even @DarkProdigy didn't know this one, the one that has a whole Twitter account of memes.
Last edited: 7 d ago.
Jongensoden
Favourite Sport
2 year member
Is American Football and rugby the same?
ThorMathews
Favourite Sport
1 year member
@Jongensoden no American football is descended from rugby. But they are similar.
Jongensoden
Favourite Sport
2 year member
What are the differences
ThorMathews
Favourite Sport
1 year member
@Jongensoden the main difference is in football you can pass the ball forward, also in football you have plays so it stops everytime the ball carrier goes down to start another play. Rugby doesn't stop and doesn't have timeouts.
blackestbrightestday
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Soccer
show 7 replies
Tyrannus
Favourite Sport
1 year member
You mean football
blackestbrightestday
Favourite Sport
1 year member
@Tyrannus
You British? I like to call it football more to be honest, but some people might confuse it with American football
Dark_Wing
Favourite Sport
1 year member
He is 💯 percent English
Tyrannus
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Yeah I am. What gave me away lol?
By the way British people aren't the only ones who call football football. The rest of the world does too.
blackestbrightestday
Favourite Sport
1 year member
@Tyrannus Yeah, because British people are the most sensitive about "soccer" and "football" thing hehe.
I agree, actually most countries use the term football and soccer interchangeably since American football, I think, is only played in USA
Tyrannus
Favourite Sport
1 year member
I wouldn't say we're sensitive about it its just confusing. Its like how you guys call trousers "pants" where as in the rest of the world pants means underwear.
To be fair football was invented in England and when it spread to other countries they called it football too so it was a bit baffling when the Americans suddenly changed the word to "soccer".
blackestbrightestday
Favourite Sport
1 year member
@Tyrannus Yeah, I prefer to call it football too. I even used the term "football" in my essay for an assignment in my college here in Canada (actually I'm not from Canada, I'm just a foreign student here) and my instructor thought I was referring to American/Canadian football. I was thinking about using "soccer" first instead of "football", but then I felt it was weird to use both in the same essay like when I mention a football club: "Soccer is my favorite sport. ... My favorite soccer team is Chelsea Football Club." And there's no way I would change it to "Chelsea Soccer Club" haha.
Dusk_Pikachu
Favourite Sport
Soccer
show 1 reply
Tyrannus
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Football
wolfdragon123
wolfdragon123 4 mo 13 d
Favourite Sport
5 year member
Taekwondo, mma, and soccer
show 1 reply
Jongensoden
Jongensoden 1 mo 22 d
Favourite Sport
2 year member
wich belt you got
BlotskyA
BlotskyA 4 mo 14 d
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Wrestling
pedrofOMAIOR
pedrofOMAIOR 4 mo 14 d
Favourite Sport
My favorite sport is basketball and my favorite team is the Lakers.
Jongensoden
Jongensoden 4 mo 14 d
Favourite Sport
2 year member
Parcour freerunning climbing martial arts taekwondo rugby wrestling
Last edited: 16 d ago.
show 1 reply
Jongensoden
Favourite Sport
2 year member
If i should choose it's Parcour
Breaker
Breaker 4 mo 14 d
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Football
LordTracer
LordTracer 4 mo 14 d
Favourite Sport
3 year member
Golf, don't @ me.

*I don't really like sports, but this would be my favorite*
show 1 reply
Atomic_lantern
Atomic_lantern 4 mo 13 d
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Golf is the 2nd greatest sport imo second to wrestling
Tyrannus
Tyrannus 4 mo 14 d
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Football. Unfortunately the Premier League's been cancelled after the corona-virus
show 11 replies
DevyEZ
DevyEZ 4 mo 14 d
Favourite Sport
What's your favourite team?
Tyrannus
Tyrannus 4 mo 14 d
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Arsenal all the way. You?
DevyEZ
DevyEZ 4 mo 14 d
Favourite Sport
If it comes down only to Premier League then probably Arsenal as well. Overall my most favourite is FC Barcelona or AC Sparta Prague (Club here from Czech Republic).
Last edited: 4 mo 14 d ago.
Tyrannus
Tyrannus 4 mo 14 d
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Yes mate. Adding you to my favourites straight away.
DevyEZ
DevyEZ 4 mo 14 d
Favourite Sport
Thanks, mate. You're already on my faves.
Clint_Barton
Clint_Barton 4 mo 14 d
Favourite Sport
1 year member
I used to be a fan of football too, although I haven't been keeping up for a while.
Tyrannus
Tyrannus 4 mo 14 d
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Well your not missing much anymore
blackestbrightestday
Favourite Sport
1 year member
@Tyrannus It's been a bad season for Arsenal, isn't it?
Tyrannus
Favourite Sport
1 year member
You have no idea. I almost stopped watching it because of how stressed they've been making me. We're a shadow of what we're supposed to be. Looking forward to the big game on Saturday though
blackestbrightestday
Favourite Sport
1 year member
They've been very good recently though. Beating Man City and Liverpool in the same week is a big achievement by itself.
Yeah, about that, I am a Chelsea fan haha. It would be very exciting to see who wins this match since they're both trophyless this season and atrocious in defending. I think it will be a match full of goals, gonna watch it live!
Tyrannus
Favourite Sport
1 year member
Yeah but its too little too late. We came 8th and we've been there far too long.
Wait what! Lol isn't that the revelation. But yeah Saturday should be interesting for both of us.
jafari
jafari 4 mo 14 d
Favourite Sport
2 year member
Formula 1.
DevyEZ
DevyEZ 4 mo 14 d
Favourite Sport
Soccer
booyah
booyah 4 mo 14 d
Favourite Sport