Searching...
Browse AD FREE for less than 84¢ a month with an SHDb membership.

Do you have pets?

Created by Galactus, 22 d ago.

Do you have any pets? What kind?

Comments

Jakcj
Jakcj 10 d
Do you have pets?
56 months member
I have a dog, and he takes a dookie in the house sometimes.
show 3 replies
Galactus
Galactus 10 d
Do you have pets?
8+ year member
1.2M
Because you're too lazy to take him for a walk. Dogs need maintenance.
Stop staring at a screen, enjoy your dog friend.
Jakcj
Jakcj 10 d
Do you have pets?
56 months member
I take it outside everyday. Also I make sure to feed it. I was just being funny about the comment. Don't worry I don't look at a computer screen all day sir.
Tyrannus
Tyrannus 10 d
Do you have pets?
42 months member
@Galactus Bit harsh
Danyel
Danyel 11 d
Do you have pets?
1 months member
Rottweiler.

Tyrannus
Tyrannus 17 d
Do you have pets?
42 months member
I own a fish and turtle tank. 3 Angelfish, 1 Blue Gourami and 6 Pakistani Loaches in the main tank and a Common Musk turtle in the other one. Got some Amano shrimp in both aquariums.
Fish in my opinion are the best pets to have if you actually research how to care for them. Low maintenance and you never get bored of staring at them. If you need to go somewhere for a day or so, they won't miss you so its ok.

I used to own a cat too.
I would like to get a Bearded Dragon but I don't have the time (another benefit of fish).
sonyablade
Do you have pets?
69 months member
Believe it or not, i have 10 pets. The cats are adopted, strays, the one of two Maltese I got recently from an animal shelter and the other a gift from my aunt, and the German Shepherds are just guard dogs to scare off robbers coz crime is high in my country.
I have 2 cats, one that I recently discovered was a guy (Dimitri, formerly Asuka) after the 'other' female (Misaka) 'miraculously' got pregnant. Sadly her kids all died when they wandered away from momma and got carried away by a kite. Momma kitty is a little rebellious so since that day she's been escaping from the house early morning and returning late at night. I think she has a sneaky link out there.
Cats aside there are 8 dogs. Five are German shepherds that act as guard dogs (idk if Guard dogs count as pets) because they look and sound intimidating but really when they run towards a stranger, it's for tummy rubs and face licking (Paranoia, Flakes, and Larceny). Only two of them are trained to attack (Poppy and Povlo). Two of the other dogs are Maltese, and they're loud af (Nubia and Rocky). The last one is my oldest dog. He's half Maltese and half pitbull (Casper). The bourgeois mf only accepts to eat human food so he's a high-maintenance bastard.
Last edited: 20 d ago.
show 4 replies
Tyrannus
Tyrannus 17 d
Do you have pets?
42 months member
What country do you live in?
Jakcj
Jakcj 16 d
Do you have pets?
56 months member
What the heck? 10 pets. That's way too much
sonyablade
Do you have pets?
69 months member
@Tyrannus Uganda at the moment
Last edited: 15 d ago.
Galactus
Galactus 10 d
Do you have pets?
8+ year member
1.2M
I gave you 1.000 extra points for being so good to animals. We need more of you in the world. 🥰
xerodeep
xerodeep 21 d
Do you have pets?
43 months member
One dog (beagle) and tropical fish (Cichlids).
show 9 replies
Tyrannus
Tyrannus 17 d
Do you have pets?
42 months member
Are they African Cichlids?
xerodeep
xerodeep 16 d
Do you have pets?
43 months member
@Tyrannus - Mostly but also South and Central American Cichlids over the years as well. They've always been my favorite family of fish species. They're more aggressive and interesting to watch than most other timid, smaller tropical fish. They also seem more intelligent, recognize individuals, and even interact slightly with their owners. You currently have or have had any?
Tyrannus
Tyrannus 11 d
Do you have pets?
42 months member
You mean like Angelfish and Discus?
xerodeep
xerodeep 10 d
Do you have pets?
43 months member
@Tyrannus - Yes but no. While Angelfish and Discus are members of the South and Central American Cichlids and I have, in fact, had some Angelfish before, some of my favorites include Oscars, Jack Dempsey Cichlids, Blue Acaras, Firemouth Cichlids, Texas Cichlids, Green Terrors, and Red Devils. And some of my favorite African Cichlids are Jewelfish, Lemon Cichlids, Brichardi Cichlids, Daffodil Cichlids, Electric Blue Cichlids, Cobalt Blue Zebra Cichlids, and Maingano Cichlids.
Tyrannus
Tyrannus 10 d
Do you have pets?
42 months member
Finally someone else who knows his freshwater fish. After superheroes my other main interests are my fish tank. I used to own a Red Tailed Black Shark which I wanted to put in with Malawi Cichlids.
xerodeep
Do you have pets?
43 months member
@Tyrannus - Sounds like a good interesting tank to me!
Tyrannus
Do you have pets?
42 months member
It was very aggressive but no one got singled out. Everyone bullied everyone.
xerodeep
Do you have pets?
43 months member
@Tyrannus - Since almost all Cichlids are aggressive by nature, that's about all you can ask for and is what makes them more interesting too. They're going to bully each other over space/territory so equal bullying all around sounds like a perfectly balanced Cichlid tank to me. Nice job! Doesn't always work out that way. I've found it is a delicate balance.
Tyrannus
Do you have pets?
42 months member
This is why I don't actually recommend people get cichlids (apart from the dwarfs) as beginners because most people want community tanks where everyone gets along. The constant fighting may disturb most people.
LadyGaladriel1212
Do you have pets?
15 months member
I have 4 cats, they are super cute. My first cat is named buddy, had him for about 10 years. My 2n&3rd cat are both mom and daughter although they are not very close.(Sassy&Amber). My 4th name is macchi omg he is so cute but his looks are deceiving he is a monster and he chases the other cats around.(sometimes we have to lock him in the bathroom because he bites the other cats)
vcowles77
Do you have pets?
24 months member
Three super cute cats
MaseTheFace
Do you have pets?
17 months member
A dog, he’s in my OC list if you wanna see
RatnikNaSjeveru2005
Do you have pets?
20 months member
I have a dog and a cat at my home where in village but in town i have 2 cats
Danyel
Danyel 22 d
Do you have pets?
1 months member
Yep, T-rex and Megalodon.
show 3 replies
RatnikNaSjeveru2005
Do you have pets?
20 months member
Wow what are they name
Danyel
Danyel 22 d
Do you have pets?
1 months member
Dyno and meggy
Tyrannus
Tyrannus 17 d
Do you have pets?
42 months member
Are they toys?
Galactus
Galactus 22 d
Do you have pets?
8+ year member
1.2M
Mila (left) and Luna (right), now about 2.5 years old.

And another cat Mima. She 'ran' away 8 years ago and made her way back 2 years ago. Long story.
Last edited: 22 d ago.
show 5 replies
xerodeep
xerodeep 19 d
Do you have pets?
43 months member
Sounds like a long story worth telling. I'm curious.
Jakcj
Jakcj 16 d
Do you have pets?
56 months member
Sorry @Galactus but I despise Cats!
Tyrannus
Tyrannus 11 d
Do you have pets?
42 months member
The only people who despise cats are those who don't understand them
Jakcj
Jakcj 4 d
Do you have pets?
56 months member
@Tyrannus Cats are EVIL!!!
Tyrannus
Do you have pets?
42 months member
@Jakcj I take it you've never owned a cat
Ezio
Ezio 22 d
Do you have pets?
69 months member
3.2M
show 4 replies
Ezio
Ezio 10 d
Do you have pets?
69 months member
3.2M
I have this Oscar fish too.
He killed all my other fishes. He is almost 30 cm right now
Tyrannus
Tyrannus 10 d
Do you have pets?
42 months member
Yeah they're quite predatory but their personality almost makes it worse it. Also how big is that tank? It seems too small for an Oscar
Ezio
Ezio 10 d
Do you have pets?
69 months member
3.2M
@Tyrannus Yeah, It's a 80 liter tank and little small for him now, when I bought him he was only 5 cm.
Tyrannus
Do you have pets?
42 months member
He needs a much MUCH bigger tank. I have a 200 litre and even then I wouldn't feel comfortable with putting an Oscar in that. Any chance your getting something bigger for him? His growth can get stunted otherwise