-= VOTERY STARTED =- Celebrate 15 years of SHDb. Win awesome prizes!

Did Marvel rip off DC

Created by Dark_Wing, 1 y 8 mo 30 d ago.

First is quicksilver a rip-off of flash
Second is Deadpool a Deathstroke rip-off
Third is dr strange a dr fate rip off
Forth is hulk a rip-off of Solomon Grundy
Fifth is ghost rider a rip off of atomic scull
Sixth is black cat a rip-off of cat woman
Seventh Is the shield (yes that's an actual character) a rip-off of captain America
Eighth is black panther a Batman rip-off
Ninth is namor a rip-off of aquaman
And Last but not least Is thanos a rip-off of either darkseid or apocalypse
Bonus Is black racer a rip-off of silver surfer or the other way around
I'm just wondering in your opinion

Comments

ManofPower
ManofPower 1 y 8 mo 30 d
Did Marvel rip off DC
2 year member
Quicksilver is not a rip off entirely.
Quicksilver is a mutant with unmatched speed . He was Marvel's answer to Barry Allen but no Quicksilver is not technically a rip-off
Deadpool is definitely a rip-off . Marvel even made the name the same . Wade and Slade Wilson . Both are extremely powerful assassin's with a enhanced healing factor . Both are highly trained in numerous martial arts etc etc etc
Doctor Strange was Marvel's answer to Doctor Fate . The only similarities are they are both powerful magicians who's power can take on God's (Dormammu,Trigon,Nabu)
Hulk and Solomon are only similar in size and strength . Nothing else
Atomic Skull was actually a rip off of ghost Rider and a terrible one at that
Black Cat is the exact copy of Catwoman . Both in love with their main enemy (Spider and Batman)
The Shield? You mean Commander Steel I think. Yes Steel is a DCs patriotic answer to the Captain
Black Panther isn't exactly a rip-off . While they both a billionaire vigilantes it is actually Moonknight that takes that title
Aquaman is actually the rip-off
Thanks is a rip off of Darkseid . Apocalypse was meant to be the Thanks for the X-Men and Mongul is the rip-off of Apocalypse
Black Racer is a rip-off at least the old version was
wolfdragon123
wolfdragon123 1 y 8 mo 30 d
Did Marvel rip off DC
5 year member
1. Yes
2. Definitely
3. Not entirely
4. Yes
5. No, other way around
6. Yes
7. Yes
8. Not entirely
9. No
10. Definitely
show 3 replies
Soulcollecter57
Soulcollecter57 1 y 8 mo 30 d
Did Marvel rip off DC
4 year member
How I is Hulk a rip off of Solomon Grundy? The only similarities is that they're really big, really strong monsters that suffered from an accident. That's were the similarities end, Hulk get's stronger the angrier he gets, Solomon Grundy has a set amount of strength with no impressive latent abilities to speak of, Hulk was a middle class genius who saved someone from a nuclear bomb, Grundy was just some rich guy who got killed and dumped in a swamp, Hulk is in no way a rip off unless you look at the basic aspects that have nothing to do with character at all, if we that's what classifies a character a rip off then every superhero is a rip off of Superman because they are powerful good guys, and if that's the case Hulk is a rip off of Superman because he has super strength. Hulk is not in any way a rip off of Solomon Grundy.
DarkProdigy
DarkProdigy 1 y 8 mo 30 d
Did Marvel rip off DC
3 year member
I agree with Soul
wolfdragon123
wolfdragon123 1 y 8 mo 30 d
Did Marvel rip off DC
5 year member
They were pretty similar in their basic designs and concepts. They were both big, strong, grey colored monsters that fight with brute force and lack much intelligence and self control.
Yolohan
Yolohan 1 y 8 mo 30 d
Did Marvel rip off DC
1 year member
DC rip off Marvel too, here are examples:

Aquaman - Namor*
Guardian - Cap. America*
Killer croc - Lizard*
Atomic Scull - Ghost Rider*
show 4 replies
Dark_Wing
Dark_Wing 1 y 8 mo 30 d
Did Marvel rip off DC
1 year member
Did you read the description
Yolohan
Yolohan 1 y 8 mo 30 d
Did Marvel rip off DC
1 year member
@Dark_wing Yes, and I say Dc and Marvel do this... beside you said you want opinion, right?
And two of your examples are wrong.
Yolohan
Yolohan 1 y 8 mo 30 d
Did Marvel rip off DC
1 year member
Oh, sorry i read that now nevermind.
Yolohan
Yolohan 1 y 8 mo 30 d
Did Marvel rip off DC
1 year member
When you are edit you can delete comments? ;D