Favorite Character

Starter: TheCrimsonKnight

Who's your favorite character (hero or villain) from Marvel & DC?

Replies

TheCrimsonKnight
TheCrimsonKnight 20 hours ago
Definitely Spider-Man it would be a good fight but Spidey would take this one fairly easily dodging an countering anything Logan throws at him, plus remember Spider-Man beat around 5 or more X-Men including Wolverine by himself.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 20 hours ago
Yeah, even though this epic battle has already happened and it was a fantastic read who do you think wins if they fought 10 times, Spider-Man vs Wolverine?
TheCrimsonKnight
TheCrimsonKnight 20 hours ago
He's going to be in Infinity War, but I don't think they'll try to take him out and if they do that'll be unfortunate.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 1 days ago
True I heard Sony is trying to get Spider-Man's rights back after Homecoming is released too.
TheCrimsonKnight
TheCrimsonKnight 1 days ago
Yeah that is unfortunate I'd like to see Venom and the Sinister Six movies apart of the MCU.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 2 days ago
Couldn't agree more and I'm excited about Tom Hardy as Venom but I really hate it's not part of MCU and Sony really shouldn't create their own film universe
TheCrimsonKnight
TheCrimsonKnight 2 days ago
Although I'm not really a fan of Ben Afleck as Batman the DCEU cannot fail in the Batman solo movie as Deathstroke my 2nd favorite comic book character of all time will be the villain they must make him right
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 2 days ago
Yeah I wish, I don't think every DCEU film will fail... I mean I hope not.
TheCrimsonKnight
TheCrimsonKnight 2 days ago
If only the DCEU started with Nolan's Batman Trilogy.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 2 days ago
Seems interesting I'll definitely have to read up on her
Spectre94
Spectre94 2 days ago
Vampirella has had several different origins but my favorite is she is a Alien from a distance planet, all of the members of her race, have all the same abilities of a vampire. Eventually Vampirella traveled to Earth and became a crime fighter.
TheOverlord
TheOverlord 2 days ago
Agreed though the movie was a bit slow for my taste.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 2 days ago
I agree ever since The Dark Knight Rises DC has lost their touch in film I think Man of Steel is the only decent film in the DCEU thus far.
TheOverlord
TheOverlord 2 days ago
I'm going to be honest the DCEU has failed to live up to hopes on every new movie they make. The ads always look good but the movies, well they just suck. I have high hopes but that feeling that knows the new WW movie will fail me simply because they have failed so many times now and don't seem to want to learn. I mean no offense because I loved the old Batman movies but these new movies are soo bad.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 2 days ago
And I'm not familiar with Vampirella, what's she like?
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 2 days ago
If DCEU fails with Wonder Woman (which I don't think they will), then I'm afraid they'll never be able to bounce back or earn audiences trust to make a good film and if Justice League collapses DCEU is well... you know.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 2 days ago
Jean Grey is up there too, that's why I'm anxious to know if Wonder Woman will be good
TheOverlord
TheOverlord 2 days ago
Yeah DC's legendary heroine is my favorite heroine from dc, from marvel I love Jean Grey she is my favorite.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 2 days ago
Don't know why I didn't add her but Harley Quinn is definitely one of my favorite female characters her whole origin story is awesome.
Spectre94
Spectre94 2 days ago
Outside of marvel and Dc I like Vampirella
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 2 days ago
I'd say for me:
DC - Wonder Woman/Catwoman
Marvel - Ms. Marvel/Silk
I love Black Canary & Black Cat also though.
Spectre94
Spectre94 2 days ago
Mine would be Wonder Woman and Black Canary, for Dc. Marvel would be black cat
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 2 days ago
Wonder Woman or Catwoman, Batgirl is also starting to grow on me but she can't compete with other two though.
Spectre94
Spectre94 2 days ago
Who is your favorite heroine?
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 2 days ago
Oh yeah Wonder Woman will never be topped, she's to good of a character, followed by a great story and a badass suit.
Spectre94
Spectre94 2 days ago
Agreed I don't think anyone will ever create a better super heroine then wonder woman what do you think?
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 2 days ago
As for heroines I can actually answer this one. I'd say DC has the better heroines but Marvel still has their fair share of good female characters.
Spectre94
Spectre94 2 days ago
It's a tough one I agree I'd choose Dc comics but they both have many good villians. How about who has better heroines?
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 2 days ago
I was afraid you might ask that. That's a really tough question they both have hundreds of iconic villains I don't think I could choose one over the other. Which do you like better?
Spectre94
Spectre94 2 days ago
Who's villians are better marvel or DC?
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 2 days ago
Yes they do same goes for the Fantastic Four.
Spectre94
Spectre94 2 days ago
I agree Spider-man and Batman, I also think the x-men have good villians.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 2 days ago
Who do you think has the best villains?
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 2 days ago
In my personal opinion I think Spider - Man & Batman easily have the best villains.
Spectre94
Spectre94 2 days ago
I mean what superhero has the best villians?
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 2 days ago
Are we talking about Marvel or DC, a team, or just a single character?
Spectre94
Spectre94 2 days ago
Who do you guys think has the best super villains ?
LordTracer
LordTracer 2 days ago
My favorite Marvel/DC characters:
Marvel - Iron Man, Moon Knight, Loki
DC - Green Lantern (favorite superhero of all time), Lobo, Scarecrow
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 3 days ago
Did anyone else hear the great news, Tom Hardy is going to play in the Venom solo movie and it's going to be released next year.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 3 days ago
@TheCrimsonKnight, You may have already answered this and I just haven't seen it, but do you like Marvel or DC better or do you like them equally?
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 3 days ago
Yeah but The Thing at least is a part of a cool team and has some pretty good villains to deal with such as Doctor Doom, Galactus, Silver Surfer, Mephisto, while DD just has Bullseye and Kingpin as the only memorable villains, just my personal opinion though.
Spectre94
Spectre94 3 days ago
I'd disagree with you guys I'd say the Thing is the most underrated character in marvel
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 3 days ago
Yeah Daredevil is probably the most underrated character in the Marvel Universe in my opinion he gets no love in battles or villains like you said, I think he's the most interesting character and unique next to Spider - Man.
TheCrimsonKnight
TheCrimsonKnight 3 days ago
Like earlier when I said Batman would beat Daredevil, that's why Deathstroke takes it for me, because Deathstroke has defeated Batman nearly every time they've battled and DS even let BM beat him once.
TheCrimsonKnight
I love Daredevil and I personally believe he is very underrated, I feel like he gets a little bit of disrespect, especially from Marvel writers as he has a yet to have another decent villain, but I'd still have to take Deathstroke in this fight.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 3 days ago
True that. How about Deathstroke vs Daredevil? I think it would be a good fight but I think Deathstroke takes him down.
TheCrimsonKnight
You have to remember that Deathstroke has demolished Batman before.
TheCrimsonKnight
A little unfair, Deathstroke wins easily.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 3 days ago
Deathstroke vs Deadshot, who you got?
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 5 days ago
@TheOverlord, I upvoted Daniel X also let me know if there are any other characters you would like me to upvote.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 5 days ago
I would say a good solo Carnage series would be amazing to read.
TheCrimsonKnight
TheCrimsonKnight 5 days ago
I wish Red Hood/Arkham Knight would keep going with his solo series as his origin and storylines are very interesting to read. What character do you wish would get their own comic book series?
TheOverlord
TheOverlord 5 days ago
Yeah I love Daniel X I really hope his vote gets him through to this site I would love to give him his power stats because he is really powerful.
And yeah Iron Man's armor in the new movie is gonna look fantastic if it looks like what we have seen. Though admittedly I was hoping for his Bleeding Edge or Endosym armors in the movie. Oh well.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 5 days ago
Oh yeah, have you guys seen That Iron Man is going to be wearing his Asgardian Armor some point in Infinity War, you all should check it out, it looks incredible.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 5 days ago
Never heard of him before, I just looked him up and what I've read so far, seems like an interesting series
TheOverlord
TheOverlord 5 days ago
Daniel X is another one of my favorite characters though he isn't from any major things his graphic novels are excellent. Just thought I'd add him to my list of favorite non major stream comic characters.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 7 days ago
How about Carnage vs Bane I think this would be a fun fight to see.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 7 days ago
I will upvote the character. Speaking of Thing vs Wolverine, I think it'd be epic but I can't see how Thing walks out of this fight victorious, I'd say Wolverine wins this fight majority of the time.
TheOverlord
TheOverlord 8 days ago
Also I would like to add Maui from Moana to this site. Thanks to the little two I am now an expert in him and I have to say his feats are actually quite impressive. If anybody wants to up-vote him or any of the others I have on the add characters page it would be much appreciated.
TheOverlord
TheOverlord 8 days ago
Apocalypse Vs Jean Grey with phoenix force I'm going to give it to Jean all day. She has destroyed systems before she is on another level. Wolverine Vs. Thing I'd have to give it to Thing actually because I think he could hit Wolverine hard enough to knock him unconscious which has happened before. If he knocks him unconscious I'd count it as a KO. Iceman vs Green Lantern I would give it to the Lantern personally though I would love to see the fight.
TheCrimsonKnight
TheCrimsonKnight 8 days ago
I wish we could see this fight play out properly, and I never really thought of a Iceman/Green Lantern scenario it would be cool to see how they interact.
Spectre94
Spectre94 8 days ago
Thing and Wolverine would be a good fight, I'd have to give the win to Thing. his overwhelming strength I think gives him the win in my opinion.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 8 days ago
An Iceman vs Green Lantern crossover would be cool. It wouldnt be canon but it would still be interesting. They both have some what similar powers. I think it would be a good battle to watch
1+ years member.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 8 days ago
Mister Freeze vs Iceman would be very entertaining.
TheCrimsonKnight
Yes that would be a tough fight and a very fun one to watch, although they kind of fought in comics I'm taking Wolverine because no matter how hard The Thing tries to destroy him Logan's healing factor just brings him back and tears him apart. Who would you take if you had to choose?
Spectre94
Spectre94 8 days ago
Wolverine vs the Thing it's already happened but I can't decide who would actually win.
TheCrimsonKnight
Yes they should it would be a very good read. What other good tough decision battles would you like to see in a good comic book series?
Spectre94
Spectre94 8 days ago
I think they should make a book especially for this fight I'd love to read and see what happens.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 8 days ago
I would take Jean Grey, well maybe it would be really close, like really close but I would stick with.... nevermind this is a good fight.
TheCrimsonKnight
No, unless I've missed an issue as for a 1v1 battle, but she killed him in the movie but that doesn't mean anything since it wasn't really a fight.
Spectre94
Spectre94 8 days ago
I am really unsure actually, but I give it to apocalypse, but it would be a good fight. Do know if this battle ever took place in comics?
TheCrimsonKnight
Truthfully I'm taking Jean Grey especially with the Phoenix Force, Apocalypse would still keep it interesting though, that's me personally what about you @Spectre94.
Spectre94
Spectre94 8 days ago
Guys what do you think about Apocalypse vs Phoenix, Jean Gray?
TheCrimsonKnight
True, although intelligence would be very key in this fight combat and power still factor and I still agree with you that Brainiac would win this fight but Ultron would make it very interesting.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 8 days ago
That would be a great fight I think it'd come down to intelligence and in my personal opinion I would have to say Brainiac wins in a close battle.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 8 days ago
Yeah he really is, I've always thought of this fight but who wins Brainiac vs Ultron. Both equal basically.
TheCrimsonKnight
TheCrimsonKnight 9 days ago
Same, he's a great character.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 10 days ago
I love reading Godspeed, especially since he's a newer character, he's going to be huge in the DC Universe in the future.
TheCrimsonKnight
TheCrimsonKnight 10 days ago
Nice. Even though Godspeed is a newer character I'm glad his popularity is starting to grow.
Killer_Strike456
Killer_Strike456 10 days ago
Heroes from Marvel, it's Hulk and from DC it's The Flash (Barry Allen)
Villains from Marvel, (if I'm not forgetting anyone) it's Thanos and from DC it's Godspeed
I think?????
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 10 days ago
Yes, King hands down my favorite character to use, Armor King is also fun to play with
TheCrimsonKnight
Oh yeah I used to play Tekken non - stop many years ago, I'll definitely have to check that out.
Galactus
Galactus 10 days ago
I might get it. Tekken 7 is also around the corner. Good memories of the earlier Tekken games.
10+ years member.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 10 days ago
Yeah they've added I want to say 10-15 new characters, and they've also added a couple cool new features.
TheCrimsonKnight
Probably late summer, looks pretty good though, I just want to see the new characters they added.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 10 days ago
Anyone planning on getting Injustice 2?
TheCrimsonKnight
Yeah that would be pretty cool as smaller characters who probably wouldn't get attention could get stats relatively quicker.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 10 days ago
Oh yes I completely agree about characters without stats, such as Godspeed and Nekron, and a 'please update' button would be nice, but anyways thank you for your reply and loving this site by the way.
Galactus
Galactus 10 days ago
@TheCarnage: Normally a few a week. Last week was a slow week. I used to have a 'please update' button. I might bring that back. General rule, though, is that characters without stats get priority over ones with stats.
10+ years member.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 10 days ago
@Galactus, I know you're most likely busy, but I was curious as to how often you update powerstats and profiles.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 10 days ago
Everyone should upvote the Mortal Kombat characters that you like, I mean if you want to. @TheCrimsonKnight, I agree Nekron is a cool character he should already have a profile.
TheCrimsonKnight
My favorite MK characters are easily Reptile, Noob Sailbot, Scorpion, and Sub-Zero. Speaking of Nekron how does he not have Powerstats or an updated profile.
Spectre94
Spectre94 11 days ago
I just added Smoke🖒
TheNemianLion
TheNemianLion 11 days ago
Oh Geez um...
I like Darth Bane, Kratos, Spawn and a plethora more.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 11 days ago
Not sure if you did and I can't find him but did you add Smoke?
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 11 days ago
Alright @Spectre94 I've begun to upvote some characters, I'm really surprised Mortal Kombat characters haven't been added yet
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 11 days ago
@Spectre94, I'll upvote them as soon as I get back on and have more time.
Spectre94
Spectre94 11 days ago
Just added
Jade
Baraka
Quan Chi
Shinnok
Noob Saibot
Kenshi
Kabal
Skarlet
I think this is good for starters, who is your Mortal Combat fighter?
Spectre94
Spectre94 11 days ago
Also added
Sonya Blade
Goro
Shang Tsung
Reptile
Kung Lao
Mileena
Kano
Ermac
I'll add more eventually, it would be great if everyone could vote.
Spectre94
Spectre94 11 days ago
Mortal Combat
I've added:
Scorpion
Sub-zero
Raiden
Shao Khan
Liu Kung
Kitana
Johnny Cage
TheOverlord
TheOverlord 11 days ago
There are plethoras of characters from both Universes I love. I admit I am more of a Marvel fan myself so my list of loved characters for them will be longer. I love iron Man because he is really down to Earth when you think about it, especially with his drinking problem. I love Fallen One ll even though most people forget about the first Herald of Galactus. I love Captain Universe though nobody understands him. I love Wildfire from DC though his power is often overlooked. My list can be endless.
Nitecrow
Nitecrow 11 days ago
My favorite superhero from marvel is the hulk and DC got 2 be Batman,Aqua-man& captain atommy favorite Marvelvillain are DR.DOOM and Venom my favorite DC villain got be lobo & Doomsday
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 11 days ago
Nice Jean Grey all around is incredible, any less popular characters from Marvel/DC that you love?
TheOverlord
TheOverlord 11 days ago
Ok favorite marvel character of mine is obviously Jean Grey with Phoenix Force. Favorite DC character for me is either Batman or joker. Typical I know right. Favorite alternate character oh gosh there are so many I love I could never pick a true favorite.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 11 days ago
Alright sounds good.
Spectre94
Spectre94 11 days ago
Well I make a list of different characters and then add them
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 11 days ago
Tell me the characters you add too, and you must add Noob Sailbot
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 11 days ago
YES! 100% specifically Mortal Kombat characters!
Spectre94
Spectre94 11 days ago
If I add characters from Mortal Combat and Street Fighter, are you guys willing to vote for them?
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 11 days ago
I agree Revan's attire is amazing alone.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 11 days ago
@SirSpidey, I can clearly tell you aren't a fan DC Comics. I'd like to ask you a about a couple more characters and see your thoughts on them such as:
Joker
Deathstroke
Green Lantern
Spectre
Nekron
Spectre94
Spectre94 11 days ago
I've always been a fan of Revan I think his character is pretty interesting
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 11 days ago
Yes finally someone who likes less popular characters from the Star Wars universe instead of the prominent ones like Darth Vader and Yoda. Vitiate's character has always intrigued me.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 11 days ago
Sith Emperor Vitiate from Star Wars
1+ years member.
Spectre94
Spectre94 11 days ago
Optimus Prime I really love his character
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 11 days ago
I'd have to say The Curse from Image Comics he's a pretty interesting character, he should get an update for his profile.
TheCrimsonKnight
TheCrimsonKnight 11 days ago
Definitely has to be Spawn for me. What about you?
Spectre94
Spectre94 11 days ago
What is your guy's favorite character outside of marvel and Dc?
TheNemianLion
TheNemianLion 12 days ago
Nova Rich Rider, Superman and The Incredible Hulk.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
The same for me
1+ years member.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Alright @Spectre94 @SirSpidey it was fun debating with you two but I'm done for the night.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Lol, perfect example
1+ years member.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Haha yeah the only reason Batman for some reason actually beat Superman was because he was such a popular character, which I believe was a mistake because now some people believe Batman cannot be beaten by anyone
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Inconsistency is also linked with fanboyism (like my made up word?). Writers just cant wait to write about there most favorite character so they make the character have unreasonabley out of the blue abilities
1+ years member.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Ya, because they are inconsistent
1+ years member.
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
The reason for inconsistencies is bc most of Dc characters all had different creators, writers over the years
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Imagine how terrifying these heroes would be if they had no morals there would never be a lousy criminal to fight again.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Doesnt matter, Marvel came first
1+ years member.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Daredevil has the power advantage, he pratically sees things before they happen. Daredevil would win in my opinion
1+ years member.
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
Dude Dc came first, they took all the good names right away, and then marvel had to come up with unique and different types of heroes.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
I still think Daredevil would show him a great fight since he is one of Marvel's top martial artist.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Thats another thing, DC is SO inconsistent with there characters. For instance, in one comic Flash is flying in space, in another comic he is sufficating. In one comic Batman has a suit, in another he doesnt.
1+ years member.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
This is why I love this site good old fashioned debate.
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
Batman he has master every fighting style known to man,
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Put down DC as a Marvel copy
1+ years member.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Very useful toys though. Depending on the writer Batman also owns a high tec suit.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
No bias involved, I'm interested who you guys think would win in a straight up hand to hand combat fight no weapons involved between Batman vs Daredevil
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Not really, he doesnt provide everything the Justice Leage wants, and Batman has gadgets, Iron Man has a suit. A suit is not a toy
1+ years member.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
You can also add Avengers was inspired off of Justice League.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
You can also add Avengers was inspired off of Justice League.
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
This is where you need to read some Dc comics @SirSpidey Batman usually funds the Justice League. Both Iron man both have lots of money, genius level intellect, and they both use cool toys to fight crime.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Yeah Jack Kirby is a comic book legend, and about Iron Man/Batman, I was just saying they were the same in the aspects of money & intellect, Iron Man can fight but nowhere near the level of Batman
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
And guess which one was the copy
1+ years member.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Speaking of Daredevil earlier why in the world does the near perfect superhero not have any memorable villains, Kingpin & Bullseye is about it, he deserves more than that for such a great character.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Also, Batman is nothing like Iron Man. He doesnt have a suit he always flys around in, he doesnt provide the whole Justice League with whatever they wanted. Iron Man is not a very great combatant
1+ years member.
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
Yes for example Silver Surfer and the Black Racer had Jack Kirby behind them
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
*Write
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
*Is that
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Another reason for these copies too isnthat most of the time the writers will go write for Marvel & DC, for example Jack Kirby didn't just right for Marvel he'd also contribute in writing for DC
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
The Shield wasnt DC
1+ years member.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Ya your right, his name alone isnt that creative
1+ years member.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Dc copied off of Wasp with there Bumble Bee
1+ years member.
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
Captain America was copied from a character known as the Shield
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Yeah Commander Steel is just an embarrassment if you're going to copy a great hero at least make him well great.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Dc copied off of Captain America with there Commander Steel
1+ years member.
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
Well the reason Superman has so many powers is just his name SUPERman if Stan Lee was inspired from these characters then they can't be all that bad.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Do you like Iron Man? Batman & Iron Man are basically identical in the form of money, intellect, and fighting. Although I disagree, I can respect it. I understand not everyone is going to like the same characters.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Dc copied off of Electro with there Black Lightning
1+ years member.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
And a better term would be inspired, as although there is a lot of direct copying, the majority is inspiration.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Also DC copied off of Vision with there Red Tornado
1+ years member.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Batman - Not a very creative character. Someone who has a lot of money, is smart, and can fight. Unlike, lets say Daredevil, he cant even see and he is still one of the best hand to hand combatants.
Superman - Who makes a character who has just about every power? Not very creative in my opinion.
Wonder Woman - She I kind of do like, she has an interesting story, but in the world she lives in, she doesnt compare. After all, she is only a demi god
1+ years member.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
I don't believe he was a copy of Vision but there may have been some inspiration.
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
So Vision is a copycat of Martain Manhunter?
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Ok sounds good
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
And the collection isn't private you guys can add any character.
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman. I could ask anyone who these characters are and they would most likely know them.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Vision
1+ years member.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Name one awesome DC character and Ill explain why Im not that big of a fan. Also make it reasonable, not some character that noone knows
1+ years member.
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
Who did they copy for him?
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Also, put Martian Manhunter as a copycat for DC
1+ years member.
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
@SirSpidey I'd suggest reading more Dc comics they definitely do have some awesome characters not just Martian Manhunter.
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
@SirSpidey I think you are right Marvel has more unique characters but Dc I think has more popular
And greater characters.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Martian Manhunter, Martian Manhunter, and Martian Manhunter
1+ years member.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
@SirSpidey, Just curious can you give me a list of DC characters you really like?
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
All those DC characters still have interesting stories though again this is based on my own opinion.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Add these:
Marvel - Thanos, Deadpool, Sentry, Vision, Black Cat, Mr.Fantastic, Ultron, Hawkeye (debatable), X-Men (also debatable), Doctor Strange
DC - Aquaman, Swamp Thing
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
I mean DC doesnt have a Thor, they dont have a Legion, they dont have a Daredevil, they dont have an Iron Man. They have themost boring characters, someone who can run fast, someone who has all the powers, a cyborg, a bat lover, etc.
1+ years member.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Ok that's good that'll be real fun to fill out
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
I've created two new collections Marvel Copycats and Dc Copycats.
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
Both marvel and Dc have good bad and bizarre characters in think they equal, but I give it to DC more of there characters are original.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Actually the creators of Thanos have admitted they were influenced by Darkseid but I do agree they are COMPLETELY different characters with very unique personalities as to who has more unique characters.. that's a tough question to ask I'd probably have to sleep on it then give you an answer.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Actually the creators of Thanos have admitted they were influenced by Darkseid but I do agree they are COMPLETELY different characters with very unique personalities as to who has more unique characters.. that's a tough question to ask I'd probably have to sleep on it then give you an answer.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Who do yall think have more unique character Marvel or DC?
1+ years member.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Also Marvel didnt copy Darkseid one bit. They made Thanos into someone with different perspectives of humanity and different powers. They are nothing alike
1+ years member.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
I wouldn't say Marvel is necessarily better both have hit and misses for me personally they're even but agree to disagree.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Ya that is why Marvel is so much better, they learn off the mistakes of DC to make better developed and more interesting characters
1+ years member.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Yeah he didn't wear a cape in Norse Mythology there are a lot of articles about how Marvel got Thor wrong I'd suggest you look it up and that's why Thanos is considered better than Darkseid because he was made after him and are you really going to make a weaker rip off? The main reasons they copy one another too is due to the competition.
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
Yes I definitely agree even the simple things like Thors cape where in Ancient Mythology did he where a red cape?
TheCrimsonKnight
TheCrimsonKnight 12 days ago
Yep that's why Marvel's characters are usually favored more because the characters they copy off of are going to be made stronger.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
MARVEL!
It's obvious, I can name 50 characters off the top of my head they've copied, DC does it a little, but Marvel definitely does it WAY more.
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
Who do you guys think has more copycat characters and things marvel or dc?
TheCrimsonKnight
I think Darkseid and Thanos would be an even battle contrary to popular belief, same with Deathstroke vs Deadpool, I think Deathstroke would come out victorious and I really don't know of any characters I don't like to read. But if it's Thanos & Darkseid like what @TheCarnage said no Infinity Gauntlet and no Anti - Life Equation I'll say it's a coin flip.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Oh yeah is there any character you all can't stand to read for me it has to be Deadpool, even before the massive hype train surrounding him he just got me out of the zone with constant 4th walk breaking and stale jokes.
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
It's a interesting battle Thanos has many manipulation powers but Darkseid also has this, and is extremely resistant against manipulation attacks. He is impervious to matter and time manipulation.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
And I hate how DC made Lex Luthor the new Darkseid in the end of New 52/DC Rebirth, I was hoping for a more revamped version of Darkseid where he's basically at the top of DC and has a better purpose then taking over the universe.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
I mean yeah but I just can't see even New 52 Darkseid defeating Thanos if we're leaving out IG & ALE obviously.
TheCrimsonKnight
That is true same with there wouldn't be a Deadpool without Deathstroke.
TheCrimsonKnight
Yeah I agree any other characters you'd like to see in the MCU/DCEU, Galactus is at the top of the list for me he'd be very cool on screen
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
Guys since the new 52 reboot Dc has made Darkseid extremely more powerful and Superman hasn't beaten him alone since then. I personally think Darkseid to be the better over Thanos, I mean there wouldn't even be a Thanos without a Darkseid.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
I'm ready for Infinity War too, that's going to be gold to see on screen, kind of waiting to see Thor:Ragnarok too but only to see if there will be another Infinity Stone shown.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Yeah I'm not trying to discredit Darkseid whatsoever I think he's a great character but you can't get destroyed like does against a hero going solo.
TheCrimsonKnight
Darkseid is still an amazing character to read though but I get where you're coming from, Thanos is going to be so cool in Infinity War
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Yeah you can't be a top tier villain when Superman and Doomsday beat the hell out of you alone, but on a good day it does require Justice League to beat him, as for Thanos... well who's honestly going to challenge him to a 1v1
TheCrimsonKnight
@SirSpidey, Also true Thanos is a very interesting character even without the Gauntlet, DC needs to fix Darkseid a bit.
TheCrimsonKnight
Yep I understand why too Thanos is such an insanely tough character to beat. I wish DC would strengthen Darkseid up as Superman alone whooped him with relative ease.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 12 days ago
Ya, the role Thanos plays in his comics are one of a kind, not some mainstream villain who wants fo destroy the universe.
1+ years member.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
I like them both too, but I like Thanos a little bit more the Infinity Gauntlet series is one of my favorites
TheCrimsonKnight
Personally for me they're tied, I love both characters they have very good stories and distinct personalities, I think it'd be cool if their stories swapped for a series such as Darkseid with the Infinity Gauntlet and Thanos trying to shape the universe in his favor.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Who do you all like better Thanos or Darkseid not who would win a fight but just who you like personally
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Daredevil- 9/10 - Excellent writing and there wasn't one episode where I wasn't interested.
Jessica Jones - 8/10 - Actually surprised me how great it was, didn't think they would make it dark and serious, also great writing.
Luke Cage - 8/10 - Same as Jessica Jones loving the writing of these shows so far.
Which makes me really excited for The Defenders.
TheCrimsonKnight
Couldn't agree more. @TheCarnage, I'm assuming you've seen Daredevil, Jessica Jones etc. on Netflix, what would you rate those shows?
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
I'd give it a 8/10, it's really good and getting good ratings too
TheCrimsonKnight
Yep I was going to say the same thing, my question to all of you is, what be your personal rating for the show so far?
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
If they stay true to the comic we should be seeing The Presence rather soon, hopefully next season
M
mekkaxko 12 days ago
what do you think?
M
mekkaxko 12 days ago
guys i wonder if we are ever gonna see the presence on the lucifer show since he is his father in the comics
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Either way a movie would be great as well
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
If they do anything with the Teen Titans in live action I think a serious TV show like Daredevil would be perfect
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Yeah it seems like no one can really write Robin's character at all, he does need a good appearance, I mean he basically had one in The Dark Knight Rises which was pretty good but we didn't get to see anything of it
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
What do you guys think of a teen titans movie or young justice was also very good
TheCrimsonKnight
@TheCarnage, That isn't necessarily true they're introducing characters like Luke Cage & Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Inhumans and even Lucifer has his own TV Series, I like the direction of bringing big and small characters to the audience.
TheCrimsonKnight
Yeah very true then introduce Nightwing & Red Hood later on.
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
If they could make a good batman and Robin film that would be awesome, we haven't seen a decent depiction of the boy wonder on the big screen.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Less popular characters might never make it to the MCU/DCEU
TheCrimsonKnight
Yes! A Spectre solo film would be absolutely incredible, same goes for a solo Deathstroke film.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
I'd love to see Moon Knight too, and speaking of characters needing updates Godspeed is at the top of the list
Spectre94
Spectre94 12 days ago
I'd like to see Spectre on the big screen
TheCrimsonKnight
Me too Lucifer Morningstar desperately needs an update to his page and to answer your question @TheCarnage I'd love to see a Moon Knight movie.
M
mekkaxko 12 days ago
And my favourite from dc would probably be lucifer morningstar
M
mekkaxko 12 days ago
I really love Thor hehe
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
What superhero movie that isn't happening would you like to see be made?
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Oh yeah if done right they could easily be best villains in the MCU, which wouldn't be hard to beat anyway other then Thanos.
TheCrimsonKnight
Yes he is a Flashpoint Batman probably won't ever happen as for Carnage & Venom though, I need to see them in live action they are easily in my top 10 favorite Marvel villains.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Yes love Franklin Richards he's such an interesting character
L
Levinsky9 12 days ago
I can't decide on DC, Really love Batman tho. Marvel is between Spiderman and Franklin Richards
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
A Flashpoint Batman would be really cool too, BUT Marvel needs to have Venom & Carnage in the Spider-Man series and actually make them correctly
TheCrimsonKnight
The comedy isn't really excessive, but I see where you're coming from, one thing I want to see is if they introduce Red Hood at all, but I don't believe they will for awhile.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Both MCU & DCEU have good slates, I'm ready to see the Inhumans one thing I wish MCU would change would be their excessive need for comedy, don't get me wrong comedy is good sometimes but they just go overboard sometimes.
TheCrimsonKnight
Yep I like the DCEU's movie slate a lot of good films are coming in the future, such as Batgirl and a Harley Quinn spinoff, I'm just hoping every movie is done right.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 12 days ago
Yeah it is called Green Lantern Corps it's going to be released in 2020 and it would be cool to see something representing Green Lantern in the Justice League film
TheCrimsonKnight
TheCrimsonKnight 13 days ago
That would be interesting and I also heard that a member from the Green Lantern Corps may be in the Justice League movie.
Spectre94
Spectre94 13 days ago
I Hurd the film may be called green Lantern corps
TheCrimsonKnight
*He
TheCrimsonKnight
Yeah it does come off as a teenager, and let's hope they've already learned from their mistakes regarding Green Lantern.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 13 days ago
I'm anxious to see how Green Lantern will look in the DCEU since you know they.... Well you know.
Spectre94
Spectre94 13 days ago
I think Flash's character is to young in the trailers.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 13 days ago
My most anticipated and least anticipated films are as follows:
Most - Black Panther (2018)
Least - Cyborg (2020)
1+ years member.
TheCrimsonKnight
I agree with @Spectre94, Flash seems a bit off, he really shows no characteristics about Barry Allen at all.
TheCrimsonKnight
You might want to ask that on the General Conversations forum.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 13 days ago
Just curious does anyone know how often @Galactus updates the site?
Spectre94
Spectre94 13 days ago
I'd like to see the characters with there normal hair color both Aquaman and Flash are off
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 13 days ago
*See
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 13 days ago
@Spectre94 Fair enough I like his new look but yeah I see where you're coming from it would be cool to his suit from the original comic and I believe the suit in the movie is from a recent series from a couple years back I believe
Spectre94
Spectre94 13 days ago
Well we've already seen Thanos so I'm going with him.
TheCrimsonKnight
Hopefully Darkseid looks good since we've already seen Thanos which he looks incredible by the way.
Spectre94
Spectre94 13 days ago
The actor is good but the way they made the character look doesn't look anything like the comic book version of Aquaman.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 13 days ago
Haha I meant Thanos
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 13 days ago
Who do you guys think is going to look better on screen Darkseid or Thanks?
TheCrimsonKnight
@TheCarnage, to answer your question I'll say I'm most excited for Avengers: Infinity War and least excited for Thor: Ragnarok, I agree with both of you about Wonder Woman though should be good and I still a slight feeling Justice League may shock us
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 13 days ago
Interesting, I think he has potential the actor who plays him is a great actor, personally I like the style they're going with him. If you could how would you change him?
Spectre94
Spectre94 13 days ago
Aquaman I think they've ruined the character some what.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 13 days ago
YES, I'm very excited all of the trailers look excellent and Gal Gadot seems as if she were born to play Wonder Woman. Quick question what upcoming MCU/DCEU movie are you most and least excited to see?
Spectre94
Spectre94 13 days ago
Are you guys as excited as I am for the Wonder Woman film
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 13 days ago
And yeah the DCEU definitely CAN succeed, I really want Wonder Woman and Justice League to do well even though I'm still skeptical about the latter
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 13 days ago
We may get an early hint at Darkseid since Steppenwolf is the main villain, let's just hope they make his character right first.
TheCrimsonKnight
I'm very optimistic about the DCEU I feel as if every movie cannot be perfect but I do believe they'll figure out too, look at the MCU not every movie is perfect there either, I'm just excited to see when Darkseid is introduced into a movie.
Spectre94
Spectre94 13 days ago
Yes me* as well
Spectre94
Spectre94 13 days ago
Yes as well
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 13 days ago
I know Martian Manhunter will eventually be added, I still feel they're going in the wrong direction with the entire DCEU, but I'm still hoping everything will work out.
Spectre94
Spectre94 13 days ago
My personal favorite is Captain America, although I have alot of favorites the Spectre or Flash are my favorite from DC, A character that is not so famous and also favorite of mine is the Phantom Stranger from DC. And guys Martian Manhunter is going to be in the DCEU just not the first Justice League film.
TheCrimsonKnight
@2011HarleyQuinn, I agree with you about Luke Cage he does need a good comic book series, at least he's got a great TV Show though.
TheCrimsonKnight
Yeah I feel like it's WAY too early to even think of a Justice League film, they should have had some build up by having a couple movies before it to introduce audiences to the characters instead of forcing them together, I'm afraid it's going flop unfortunately.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 13 days ago
Agreed
1+ years member.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 13 days ago
I love Marvel & DC equally, but I feel like the DCEU is doing it all wrong, the Justice League movie in my opinion looks rather weak, which is unfortunate because I was hoping for an epic film
TheCrimsonKnight
Oh yeah 100%, the only reason I was really excited to see the Justice League movie was to see how they'd make Martian Manhunter look, feels like a wasted opportunity to me.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 13 days ago
Marvel - Legion:
I dont like him because of how powerful he is, I like him because Marvel put so much thought into making his character so unique. No one, in my opinion, can rival him. Dont get me wrong though, all of the powers he has adds to his unique character, making him all that much interesting
DC - Martian Manhunter:
Im not a great fan of DC but Martian Manhunter has always stuck out to me. His story is quite interesting because it takes place on Mars and it is cool to think about aliens on Mars. Im glad DC chose to make Martian Manhunter instead of some wierd big headed thing that you see in the movies. Speaking of movies, are any of yall pissed off that Martian Manhunter is not in the upcoming Justice League movie?😡😡😡😡😭😭😭
1+ years member.
TheCrimsonKnight
@wolfdragon123, any characters you really like that aren't as popular from each side?
wolfdragon123
wolfdragon123 13 days ago
DC: Batman or Animal Man
Marvel: Spider-Man or Iron Fist
1+ years member.
2011HarleyQuinn
2011HarleyQuinn 13 days ago
TheCrimsonKnight Marvel: Luke Cage (He really should get his own comic book seris)
DC: Batwoman and Hawkfire (sorry couldn't chose between them)
TheCrimsonKnight
@2011HarleyQuinn, I'll ask you the same question, are there any characters who aren't as popular that you like?
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 13 days ago
That is also a good question I'm going to go with Iron Fist - Marvel, Godspeed from DC.
2011HarleyQuinn
2011HarleyQuinn 13 days ago
My favorite charactor from Marvel is Iron Man and my favorite charactor from DC is Harley Quinn
TheCrimsonKnight
@TheCarnage, do you have any characters you like who aren't as big from each side, example I like Moon Knight from Marvel & Black Mask from DC.
TheCarnage
TheCarnage 13 days ago
That's an extremely difficult question to answer as I have so many favorites but if I had to choose I'd go with Venom from Marvel and Joker from DC
TheCrimsonKnight
My favorite character from Marvel would be Spider - Man, and Deathstroke would be my favorite from DC.

Active users (last 10 minutes)

2005- 2017 - Superhero Database | SuperheroMovies.net