Battles: Team Battles

Starter: Galactus

User @Remy94 (and maybe others before him) suggested a 2 vs 2 duo battle option. I actually have something similar somewhere on my to-do list; 'team-battle'. The idea is that you can choose up to 6 (Or any other number) characters to battle any other team of characters.
The downside of a team battle is that I can't show stats for any team larger than two characters. It would take up too much space.
Should a team get a calculated 'class' based on its members' stats?
If you have any suggestion or ideas, let me know.

Link: http://www.superherodb.com/teambattle/

Replies

Galactus
Galactus 25 days ago
It should be working now.
10+ years member.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 26 days ago
@Galactus: I have been trying to favourite a team battle and for some reason it is not letting me. I am supposed to click the heart button, correct?
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 26 days ago
Thanks for adding that and I sure will share my ideas with you in the future.
Galactus
Galactus 26 days ago
Great idea! And it was already on my to-do list. Team-battles can now be faved and are showing up on the Userpage. Normal battles can also be faved, but are not showing on the user page yet. I'll add them this weekend. But you can already add them for later.
I love to hear if you have any other awesome ideas for the website. I already have a huge list of to-do's, but your ideas might prioritize some things
10+ years member.
wolfdragon123
wolfdragon123 27 days ago
I second that idea 👍
1+ years member.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 27 days ago
Just an idea
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 27 days ago
@Galactus: I was wondering if you could add a favourites button to team battles or just regular battles like how you do when favouriting a character/team. I think that would be a cool addition to the database because sometimes when I want to comment on a battle that I last commented a while back, it has already gotten buried by other comments. And it would be a cool way to compare each others interests
Galactus
Galactus 29 days ago
The Team Battle creation page now shows the top10 battles voted on.
10+ years member.
Galactus
Galactus 30 days ago
@MakeMineMarvel: You're right. There should be a way to find previous created teams. I haven't come up with a good sollution yet. In theory there could be over 3 billion different teams. Even if there would be a few hundred thousand, what is the best way to find those teams?
One idea is to add a top 10 team-battles to the Battle page of each character. This list shows the battles with the most votes and having that character in one of the two teams.
Another idea is to create a page with the top 50 (or other amount) teams with the highest TeamClass.
If you have any other suggestion, let me know!
10+ years member.
MakeMineMarvel
MakeMineMarvel 30 days ago
I would love to vote on battles for created teams, but do not know how to find them, other than when I see one listed. Apparently we do not have a search capability for created teams? Do we need a new category, so we can see matches for created teams?
3+ years member.
Galactus
Galactus 30 days ago
Update (v0.3): Did some tweaking on the Team Class and I think I'm pretty close to a final Class. The Team Class is directly comparable to the character Classes. This means that a team with one character has the same class as shown on the characters' page.

I also added 'power bonus' scores to the Super Power page. These scores are added to the 'Power'-bar/stat. The higher the score, the more powerful the superpower is. These score still need more tweaking, though.

Let me know what you think!
10+ years member.
Soulcollecter57
Soulcollecter57 31 days ago
Thank you very much.
1+ years member.
Galactus
Galactus 31 days ago
Side note: Single character teams don't show the right class yet. It should show just the characters' class, but it recalculates at this point.
10+ years member.
Galactus
Galactus 31 days ago
Class is calculated by the sum of each characters' 'stat-bar' with two exceptions; Strength is divided by 1000 and Power is multiplied by 2.
Strength for each character can be as much as 500000, hence the divide by 1000.
Half of the characters' 'power' score comes from what superpowers they have. My current teamclass calculation doesn't use the superpowers yet.
10+ years member.
Soulcollecter57
Soulcollecter57 31 days ago
How is it calculated are both their classes added or multiplied? Just want to know so I can give helpful feedback.
1+ years member.
Galactus
Galactus 31 days ago
I've added an experimental Team Class. I'm figuring out the best way to calculate a team class. Let me know if it is waaaay off.
Also added links to the individual characters of each team.
10+ years member.
Galactus
Galactus 33 days ago
Team Battles is running for almost five months now. I really love it and I hope you do too.
At this point over 4400 Team Battles have been created with almost 6300 user created teams. The Superman+Batman team has won most battles.
Love to hear what you think of the Team Battles!
10+ years member.
Captain_Midgard123
Captain_Midgard123 128 days ago
cool
MurderNova11
MurderNova11 172 days ago
That's a Great Idea
Galactus
Galactus 174 days ago
Team Battles are up! Love to see what cool and crazy teams you come up with!
10+ years member.
remy94
remy94 178 days ago
Sounds great Galactus.
Galactus
Galactus 178 days ago
Wasn't feeling great the last couple of days. The development of the Edit- and Team Battle-feature didn't go as planned. As I'm feeling a bit better now, I decided to put all my time in the Team Battle this weekend and push the Edit feature forward. Since that takes a bit more thorough thinking.
The Team Battle almost (technically) works. Just one more bug to squash and you can test it out. Hopefully tomorrow.
Sorry for the delay!
10+ years member.
remy94
remy94 182 days ago
Ok Thanks
Galactus
Galactus 182 days ago
The 'alpha' version of the Edit feature will be up this week also.
10+ years member.
remy94
remy94 182 days ago
Sounds great Galactus, also how's the edit menu coming along?
Galactus
Galactus 182 days ago
Working on a prototype right now. Hope to get a test version up this week.
10+ years member.
remy94
remy94 183 days ago
I agree with SirSpidey.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 183 days ago
And for the roster make it to where you CAN'T have a character on both teams
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 183 days ago
Ya do the first character chosen. That would make more sense.
Galactus
Galactus 183 days ago
Would like to hear your thoughts on this:

Team name
Single character: Just character name
Two characters: Both character names: Batman and Superman
More characters: 'Team' + First chosen character, for example; Team Batman

Question: ...or custom team name?

Team roster
A character can be in a team only once, with some exceptions, like; Stormtrooper, Alien, Terminator, etc.

Question: Can a character be part of both teams?
10+ years member.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 184 days ago
Your plan seems like it will work great
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 184 days ago
@Galactus Ok whatever is easier to do. I'm just trying to think of ideas and what not
remy94
remy94 184 days ago
That would be awesome galactus
Galactus
Galactus 185 days ago
@SirSpdey: That makes sense, but I think it would get too complicated, both for the user and for me to create. And how would that work with, for example, 4 vs 6?

@remy94: Teams really need some form of stats. Maybe just adding the stats up of each character. I don't think it's going to be confusing. I just need a very clear design for that page

And it's not just even teams. You'll be able to do a 6 vs 2 or 1 vs 3, etc. for example; Fantastic Four vs Galactus.
10+ years member.
remy94
remy94 185 days ago
Well maybe you could give Teams power levels like characters have, for example the Avengers would be near 60 level. Having it that you can choose any characters you want in a 2 vs 2 battle or 6 vs 6 may get confusing.
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 185 days ago
Does that make any sense?
SirSpidey
SirSpidey 185 days ago
Please do this. This would add more excitement to superhero database. If you can make it to where you pick who is going to fight who and we look at that match up and pick who would win. So you have a mode where you assign a team of 7 and you choose 1 hero from each team and review that match up and you so that for all 6 match ups. Thats just my opinion but do what you can.
Galactus
Galactus 188 days ago
Bump
10+ years member.

Active users (last 10 minutes)

2005- 2017 - Superhero Database | SuperheroMovies.net